Colors

Play for me

 

Walking down the halls, many doors passed and most of them were closed, by the time the class he was looking for was found 30 minutes had gone by.
 
Great. My first day and I'm 30 minutes late... He thought to himself.
 
He slowly pushed on the half opened door, revealing a colorful room with big windows and paintings all over the walls. 
 
In the desks only a few students sat, not noticing his late arrival, but focusing on the sheets of papers on their desk.
 
Taking in a deep breath and glancing over to one particular student, he noticed the name tag that read his name, Lee Taemin
 
Calmly, he made his way over to the silent and concentrated teen, he looked angelic and had a glow to him that felt warm, to Minho atleast.
 
"Lee Taemin?" The brunette asked, smiling warmly down at the younger, but there was no reply. All he did was slowly look up and stare at minho in his eyes, blinking twice before looking back down at his paper.
 
Minho stood there for a minute, quietly contemplating why he had not responded to him. Could he have been def? Is that why he needed Minho's assistance?  You see, Minho wasn't a student. He was in training for becoming a special teacher, and Taemin was going to be his first student.
 
Slowly, Minho placed his hand on Taemin's small shoulder, shaking him gently, "Taemin-Ah?" 
 
"Let him go!" 
 
Minho nearly jumped out of his skin, letting his hand fall to his side. He glanced behind him to see a tall thin blonde, with a hint of orange in his hair, walking towards him hurriedly.
 
"What exactly do you think you were doing to 'Minnie?" The blonde asked, his eyebrow's furrowed and mouth shaped into a perfect scowl.
 
"Nothing, He was assigned as my first student... and I was just trying to get his attention." 
 
Blinking, Minho didn't understand just what exactly was going on, what had he done wrong?
 
The other scoffed, taking a seat in the desk in front of Taemin, turning the chair around to face the younger of the two.
 
"Don't bother him, he's busy right now, he doesn't like to be bothered when he's coloring."
 
Coloring? He's 17, why is he still coloring?
 
"Well, I came here for a reason, and that reason was to teach him." 
 
The blonde didn't care to look back up at Minho, instead he just smiled at Taemin, 
 
"Your so good at drawing, Minnie." 
 
Minho was getting rather agitated, clearly these two were very disrespectful towards school authority, and that wouldn't be something Choi Minho would tolerate.
 
Clearing his throat, he snatched the crayon away from Taemin and glanced over at the blonde who was now wide eye'd at him, 
 
"Listen, I'm his teacher, you aren't. Now he will listen to me and so shall you, got it?" 
 
"K-Key." 
 
Minho glanced down at the younger who was beginning to shake, his face down and staring at his now empty hand. He wanted his crayon back. 
 
"What was that?" The tall brunette said, looking over at the blonde who now was rapidly looking for another crayon.
 
"My name. He said my name... He says it whenever bad things are about to happen, it's his warning." 
 
Bad things...? What did he mean his 'warning' ?
 
Taemin began to rock violently back and forth in his chair, pinching his eyes shut as he covered his ears with his hands. Tears began to roll down his angelic face.
 
Minho, in shock and not knowing what to do just stared at him in disbelief, why was he doing this? He was just perfectly fine a mere few minutes ago. None of this was making sense.
 
Key was now gently cupping Taemin's face, trying to shush him, to get him to calm down but it wasn't working. Standing up quickly, Key turned to Minho and his eyes wondered down to the red crayon Minho held. Without hesitation Key then snatched the crayon from Minho's big tan hands, turning to Taemin and moving his soft chestnut brown hair out of his eyes, showing him the crayon.
 
"Draw with me." Was all he said.
 
Slowly, Taemin took the crayon from Key. Tear trails stained his face and he was still rocking back and forth but slowly stopped. 
 
Going back to coloring with the crayon, it was as if the boy hadn't even noticed that anything had changed, he just went straight back to coloring with the same expression and movements.
 
Minho studied him hard, trying hard to understand what was wrong with him. It was obvious he had some type of mental disorder.
 
Crossing his arms while letting out a sigh, Key looked at minho with dark eyes.
 
"He has autism. Your lips didn't move but I can see it in your eyes, that same look that everyone else has when someone realizes he isn't normal.