31 ― Right

B.A.P 100 Prompts/Drabbles OTP Challenge

 

Prompt number 31:

[Quote]

"There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment."

― Sarah Dessen

 

Type: Drabble

Genre: Angst/Comfort

Word Count: 673

Pairing: BangHim (or actually, Yongguk and anyone.)

Time taken: Roughly 15 minutes.

Music: Another Love by Tom Odell (Live Studio Session)

 

 


 

Right

A heart-wrenching scream split the silence of the night.

Dark eyes hazed over in panic and the sound of footsteps thundered through the deserted alleys. Tears threatened to break past the barriers.

Run, run, run.

The wails of sirens cut themselves into his ears, screeching, crying, accusing, before dying. Yongguk’s heart stopped at the slamming of doors and the yells of commands.

Come, come, come.

He skidded round a corner, tipping a trashcan in the process. It gave a metallic yell, calling for his pursuers to come, telling them that he was there. He choked back a sob and leapt a low wall, landing hard on his feet and gasping at the impact that shot up his legs. He stumbled, crumbled, crumpled to the ground. The sounds of their shoes on the pavement drifted closer and closer. He shot back up and hit the ground running.

Blood, blood, blood.

Yongguk turned another corner and froze upon realising that he had hit a dead end. He felt paralysed. He shook his heavy head and desperately tried to wipe his bloodied hands on his jeans. His eyes darted everywhere, looking for somewhere to run to, somewhere for temporary refuge. He knew it was the end. He just wanted to live a little longer.

Up, up, up.

He felt like crying at the sight of a rusty door at the very end of the alley. It hung off its hinges and lead to a flight of stairs. He surged forward, the side of his head just missing the edge of the door. He rushed up the stairs taking three at a time, eyes struggling to adjust to the pitch blackness of the stairway. A sob escaped his lips as he tripped and hit the metal steps with an ear splitting bang.

Fall, fall, fall.

His worn shoes tried to find grip as he frantically clambered on. He regained his balance and ran again, tearstained cheeks tightened in fear. He clenched his fists and pounded on. The stairway seemed to be an endless flight and he was beginning to lose what fickle strand of hope remained. He slowed down, gripping the cross around his neck and bringing it to his quivering lips. His knuckles were white with the pressure, his nails digging into the flesh of his palms. He carried on. He nearly broke down when he found himself standing at the top of the last flight of stairs. He kicked the weathered door down and tumbled out, cold night air smacking him straight in the face. His hair blew back and he squinted his eyes at the gust of wind. His eyes soon adjusted to the sudden change of brightness, and if he wasn’t in the situation he was, he would have safely been able to claim that he was completely happy.

Done, done, done.

His lightened eyes shone in the light of the glowing full moon. He found himself walking forward, drawn towards the glittering sky. His lips slowly inched into a smile, his eyes finally squeezing out the tears that had been so badly wanting to fall. He ran a dirty hand through his tousled hair before sinking to his knees, his heart thumping slowly in his chest. Another breeze carried specks that twinkled in the moonlight, eliciting a soft laugh from within the broken boy.

His smile faded the second he heard the footsteps behind him.

He closed his eyes, releasing a soft breath of cold air. His hand found its way back to the cross around his neck, and his icy fingers curled around it. He moved to stand up to meet his fate.

But stopped when he felt someone beside him.

His eyes fluttered open, confusion across his features, fear embedded in his eyes.

He was greeted by the most beautiful sight he had ever seen.

The eyes that met his made his blood run warm once more, and it surged through his veins and awakened his sleeping soul.

He began to smile again, and this time, he was sure.

He was happy.