Flashbacks

Our Wounded Hearts

 

 

 When I reached my room another charade of flashbacks continued in my head.

 

I entered my room and was surprised to see my unnie holding the handkerchief I just finished working on.

“Unnie? What are you do--”

She looked at me and smirked. She hid the hankie in her back.

“So…my little sister is IN LOVE with a certain MH.” She said. She raised her right eyebrow and looked at me like a hunter about to eat her prey. I looked down and stepped back as she was stepping forward to me. Later, I bumped at my bed and just sat down not knowing what I should do or tell her.

Though I was trembling so much, I still tried to ask her to it back to me. “Unnie…Please give that back to me.. and I’m not IN L—“ I tried to deny it to her in a polite manner but as always she won’t believe me.

“You’re a really bad liar dear…Tell me, WHO?!” she raised her voice. I was so surprised. She knows I’m weak and can’t handle being yelled at.

“Does it mean MIN-HO..” she stood up straight and waved the hankie to and fro. She stopped and stared at me for a few seconds.

 She tilted her head, “..or maybe it means MIN-HYUK!”

I tensed up a little upon hearing his name. She smirked, “Aha! So its him.. But there are two MinHyuks in school. The ‘Lee’ and ‘Kang’. Oh well, I’ll just find it out on my own.”

I looked at her with pleading eyes like telling her to not tell anyone especially him. To my surprise she understood what I meant,  “Sis, don’t worry. I won’t tell him…

..I’ll just TAKE HIM AWAY FROM YOU and MAKE HIM MINE” She smirked again then opened the door to get out. But suddenly came back again.

“Oh, I remembered. I’ll take this” showing the handkerchief to me. “Bye!” then she slammed the door.

I really can’t do anything, I can’t fight her back. That handkerchief meant more than what Unnie or any other person can imagine. I looked down at my fingers, noticing all the pricks and wounds I got from trying to perfect the MH embroidery. This was the only way that at least I could ‘show’ the love I have for MinHyuk, at a distance, secretly.. I told myself, I can defend it from anything, everything… everything EXCEPT my sister. That’s how afraid I am of her. So I just cried the whole night, well actually night’s’.

 

I recalled those times. And no matter how long it has been, it always pains me. I sighed to myself as I thought of something. ‘Who might be that lucky girl that MinHyuk has loved since he was a child?’

“If I could only look for her.. Maybe I could ask her to heal his heart… Right?... That’s one great idea, Kathy!” I cheered myself. But then I realized, how on earth would I be able to find her? Even MinHyuk kept on looking for her but has not found her, what more me???  “Aigooo~ As if that’s an easy thing to do.”

"But really?.. Can I bear to see MinHyuk again with someone else??" I asked myself.

Well maybe yes, as long as he is happy, I can be happy as well, right? Although if it means I'm NOT part of his hapiness, I love him this much.

I lay on my bed  and continued to think of any ways that I could do to help him.  But I later on fell asleep.

 

MinHyuk’s POV:

I arrived home and ate dinner. I actually live alone in this little house since my parents are at our district. Although I live alone, I always make it a point to always clean and keep everything in order. I noticed the book given by Kathy-shii on top of the table. ‘Should I read it?’ I reached for it and tried to scan.. then read it.

 

Give yourself some me time. You've probably been in a relationship for a while, or maybe you've been thinking about that person non-stop. Now is the time to take a step back, look at your life, and move on to the next challenge. Everyone falls down. It's how you get back up that defines you.

 

Well, I agree with that. Well  people might think that I'm a loner now, I guess. So I continued reading, flipping page after page.

 

Try not to be in the same place as the person, if possible. This is hard to do, obviously: The other person has probably been an important part of your life for some time, and your body and brain are used to having them around. But giving the other person up, like cold turkey, is a good way to tell your body and mind that there are plenty of other people in the world who deserve your attention. Why not give them a chance?

 

Learn from your mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes. It's how you learn from them that defines you as a person. Learn from what went wrong in your last relationship — what caused you to be heartbroken — and make sure that doesn't happen in the future

 

I got so engrossed in reading. I didn't realize I have read nearly read half of the book in just one night. Then I flipped another page and saw a piece of cloth inserted in it. I put it down beside me. Then continued reading that page:

 

Once you're ready, forgive the other person. Forgiveness is an important part of healing your broken heart. In order to move on, you need to forgive the other person, or you'll constantly be thinking about them or wondering why they hurt you.

 

I remembered Kathy-shii. "She may be right. This book really helped me...distract my thoughts from Kristine. And maybe, reading this might help me MOVE ON and FORGET HER." And who knows I maybe I could forgive Kristine for fooling me. But not too soon I guess.

 

After a few minutes, I felt sleepy. So I went to my room.

 

“Umma, Appa! Waaah!” the four-year old me cried out to my parents as I felt the striking pain from the wound in my right elbow. The park was so full of children today. Everyone were so occupied that no one notices my loud crying. As I continued crying for my parents, a young girl wearing a pink dress passed by me. The girl stopped in front of me and blinked her eyes a lot.

 

She then sat beside me and asked, “Ahjussi? Gwenchanayo?” her doe eyes full of curiosity.

 

“Yah! Im not an ahjussi! I’m still four years old.” I continued to cry as I showed her my four fingers telling her my age. She tilted her head and later saw the bleeding wound in my elbow.

 

“Is it painful, ahjussi?” she continued to look at me.

 

“I told you, I’m not an ahjussi…”  I sobbed. I get annoyed by how she called me ‘Ahjussi’ when I don’t even look far from her age.  “Ouch!” I realized she was putting something on my wound. She gently tied a white handkerchief around my elbow, where my wound was.

 

“There!” her eyes brightened up and she clapped. “Ahjussi, that’s my ‘healing hankie’.” She said pointing at the thing she wrapped around my wound. “ My Appa gave that to me since I'm a bit clumsy and trips a lot. Because you need it, I’ll give it to you until your wound heals arraseo?” She looked me in the eyes and smiled radiantly.

 

Her eyes were so beautiful that I continued to stare at her. “Waeyo, Ahjussi?” she asked me innocently blinking her eyes again at me.

 

“Erm..No..No—thing..You’re just too cute.” I scratched the back of my head. I got embarrassed with what I said so I pretended to examine the hankie she tied on my wound.

 

“I think you’re cute too, Ahjussi.” She nodded a lot of times assuring me. Then another girl came, her hands on her chest. She glared at her then at me. She is wearing a dress with the same design as the girl who helped me but the color is lavender. “Let’s go home already!” then she dragged pink dressed girl away with her.

 

I just looked at them as they get further away from me. I noticed how my “friend” got teary eyes when she was being dragged away. I wanted to shout to her, to stop them from walking away. I haven't even gave her my ''Thank you" yet.

 

“Andwaeyo!” I shouted as I sat up in bed. I then realized that I am currently in my room. I felt beads of sweat were in my forehead so I wiped it with my right hand.

 

“Aigoo~it was just a dream.” But thanks to it, I remember the 'happening' now so clearly. The girl tied the hanky not in my palm but in my elbow. “I should’ve remembered it!..Aissh..I shouldn’t have been fooled!”

 

I lay back again in bed. The girl I was looking for isn’t Kristine. Now I’m so sure of that. I closed my eyes and tried to recall the innocent girl's face. I want to remember your face now so that if ever we crossed our ways, I'll be able to recognize you. I sighed, "When can I find ‘you’, my little princess?"

 

 

---------

A/N: 

End of chapter 3... I'm soo happy right now, I gained a few more subbies.

Thanks to my lovely chingu SimplyJenchi who helped me promote and even upvoted this story. I owe you so much.

Saranghaeyo chingu^^

 

@lorime: Really? Thanks a lot. Your words lifted me up. It's a good thing you liked my story. ^^

@mitichie: Thank you. I'll do my best^^ 

@gothprincess666: Thank you so much for upvoting my story^^ Hope that I didn't disappoint you in this update.

 

Lovelots,

MaiYuki_628129