Not Today

Baby Come Back to Me

Baekhyun woke up to the sound of his alarm clock and reached for it on the bed side table. Switching it off he gently stood up from the bed and was confused when he did not see his wife. Then he realized he forced Hyeri to sleep on the couch as a punishment.

He took a bath and looked at his reflection on the mirror. The face that was full of love before, motivated to wake up every morning to see his beautiful and loving wife has now found another inspiration. He doesn’t want to hurt his wife, but he doesn’t know any other way to get rid of her.

As the husband, he wants Hyeri to file the divorce and not him. He doesn’t want Hyeri’s pride to be hurt so much and he thinks that he’s doing Hyeri a favor with that idea.  

While Hyeri dies each day wondering what happened to them, Baekhyun is certain of the reason why he was doing all these indignant act to his wife. Victoria. Her name says it all.

Victoria is Baekhyun’s first girlfriend. He was younger than Victoria, indeed very young. Probably the reason why he is easily brainwashed by the beautiful woman. They met in an evacuation center where they are both volunteers who wanted to help the calamity victims. Baekhyun fell inlove with Victoria’s sense of control; she’s like a goddess who mortals like him will not be able to reach; a hard to get lady which you can rarely see nowadays. With that he got challenged.

That is what makes Baekhyun’s spirit high. For him, challenges make him feel like his a very valuable person. When he’s able to get what he wants, he’ll think there is nothing he can’t do. So everyday he persevered  in getting her heart by sending her sweet stuffs.

He did not succeed, but at the same time he did not lose. It’s just that during that time, Vitoria had to go to China because of Business matters being the only daughter of a CEO. Little did he know that Victoria doesn’t like him. She’s just interested in the money he can gain from the gullible kid.

Since Victoria was Baekhyun’s first love, all that you can call as Baekhyun’s first, he experienced with her. First date, first girlfriend, first kiss and a lot of firsts. That’s why he fell madly in love with her, because that time he was still young. Still young to know the difference between love and attraction.

So they made a promise to wait for each other. And even though Baekhyun was already married, Victoria didn’t stop pestering him. Sometimes, Baekhyun is also confused with his feelings. Could it be that he loves Victoria until now? Or he just doesn’t want to break the promise he had with her? That question he has not yet asked himself.

After he took his bath, Baekhyun descended from the stairs and saw his wife cooking breakfast for him. Despite of the dark eyebags, her beauty still evident. Nothing can be compared to the graceful movements she does even in the smallest things. One of the millions of things that make Baekhyun fell for her.

                He took a sip on his coffee which Hyeri prepared for him. Just like every day the coffee is good. It was perfect for his taste, like how ut used to be. But not his feelings for his wife. Not anymore. Everyday he would think of the simplest mistake he can blame Hyeri for. So that she’ll get tired of loving him. So that he can have an excuse to finally be with Victoria.

                But today he let it slip. He doesn’t want to hurt his wife’s feeling. He doesn’t know why, but he feels something he cannot explain. As if there was something important that he should do. He absentmindedly stood up from his seat ready to go now to his office.

                “Take care Baek. I loveyou.” Hyeri said smiling. He knows she’s hurt. She knows that Baekhyun will just ignore her efforts but she still doesn’t get tired of it anyway.

                “Okay.” that was all he said, but it made Hyeri’s heart warm. For the first time after Baekhyun’s coldness, he answered her without rudeness. Enough to make Hyeri forget about all the pain she feels. Enough to give her hope and fall inlove with his husband all over again.