1st of January

Of Dreams, Love, and Pixie dusts

 

1st of January, 

Jenny board the afternoon plane and reach Incheon airport by 7pm. The trainee manager, who later told Jenny to call him by Mr. Shim, went down to the airport and drove her to her new place--the trainee dorm, with her luggage full of her personal items, which are clothes that suitable for exercising, basic toiletries, socks and sport shoes, etc. She wanted to, and had to treat herself like a sport school student and start from zero.

Mr. Shim brought Jenny to the apartment building and accompany her to meet her dormmates. It was a girl will poker face who opened the door for them. 

"Mr. Shim." She greeted.

"This is Jenny, your new dormmate. Did you get her sleeping place ready already?"

"Yes."

"Jenny, this is Say Hye, your roommate. Any questions just ask the girls inside. Don't create any trouble and please work hard." Mr. Shim finished his sentence with a serious poker face and the left the building.

"Annyeonghaseyo." Jenny bowed at Say Hye. slightly.

Say Hye gestured Jenny to get into the house and guided her around the house before brought her into the bedroom. 

"If you don't mind, you will be sleeping with me. May I know your sleeping habits?" Mr. Shim understand how difficult life would be for Jenny if she do not have any roommate who is able to speak English, so her roommate were all able to speak a minimum standard of English. Say Hye went to America and stay there when she was young, therefore Jenny is able to communicate with her.

"I don't think that I have any bad habits. I am a light sleeper and that's it." Jenny thought carefully, she don't want missed out any information and make the girl unhappy.

"Who's dat?" A very not lady-like voice asked. A girl with curly long hair came out from the shower.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I am your new dormmate, Jenny." 

"Which room you sleep?" Apparently this girl is bad in English.

"With Say Hye."

"Oh." The girl pouted in annoyance, she did not want to share the already small room with a new competitor.

"I am Jenny, nice to meet you." Jenny smile gently at her unfriendly roommate and repeat her introduction again, the girl have not tell her her name yet!

"Oh, I am Ryu."

I better don't get too close with this girl and make her angry. Jenny noted in her mind. She decided to keep most of her belongings in her luggage instead of taking them out because she thought that the others might not like it if she took over some space from them to put her own things. In conclusion, Jenny was just being cautious, she do not want to trigger unhappiness between the girls and make herself suffer.

After sending a message to her mother and Cassandra, telling them that she had settled down, she drifted off to her dreamland...




Luckily for Jenny she is a light sleeper, she woke up after she sensed some movement beside her. Say Hye was up on 6am. Jenny quickly hopped up from her bed and followed Say Hye out of the room.

"We have to report to our first respective training venue by 7:20, it will take us about twenty to twenty-five minutes to walk to the company. Usually I am the first to bathe, the others will wake up by 6:15 or so." Say Hye explained to Jenny softly, in case she wake the angry bird Ryu up accidentaly.

Jenny quietly get her teeth brushed, hair tied up properly, took a simple bathe and wore her pale yellow cotton exercise clothes. Everything was done under twenty-five minutes. Perfect.

"Is there anything to eat?" Jenny walked into kitchen to take a good look of the area.

"A banana! It's on the table." A cute voice answered Jenny. "Annyeong friend! I am Tae Woon, and this is my best friend Yura."

"Hello Jenny!" Both Yura and Tae Woon greeted Jenny happily, they were in their room since Jenny's arrival so she never get to meet them earlier on.

Jenny smiled at them and secretly wishing that these two girls will continue to be good to her in the future.