Who is TOP?

You Are Mine

Kai’s POV

I was inside the coffee shop waiting for Sehun when suddenly the door suddenly opened and I saw Jaejoong instead. I stood up, shook his hand and sat. He sat across me, crossed legs and glaring. What did I do now?

“Why are you glaring?” I asked, glaring back.

“I’m still getting used to you.” He shot back. “So how’s my mate?”

“Her engagement was called off last Monday.” I told him, making him smile.

I could still remember how Jessica came to me that same night, gushing about it. She told me how happy she is that she’s not marrying Changmin. But her facial expression changed when I told her that since she’s not marrying Changmin anymore then she could marry her real mate.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Sehun suddenly entered the coffee shop with his mate. I greeted both and told them to take a seat while Jaejoong stared at them as if he was jealous. I shook my head and snapped him out of his trance.

“Is everything set for tomorrow?” He asked, looking intently at me.

“Of course it is.” I reassured him, also hearing him scowl.

“Alright, what time will I go?”

“At 5:00 PM so that you could still see the venue and make changes if you want.”

“But you’re her best friend and I thought that you know everything she wants!”

“I am her best friend!”

“Both of you calm down!” Sehun suddenly shouted, glaring at us.

I didn’t notice that we were already standing while we fight each other. I sat back on my chair and drank my coffee. We kept quiet until Sehun asked me if there is still missing with the plan. I just shook my head, looking at Jaejoong.

“What we are missing is the thing that would make both of their night special.” I told Sehun but not breaking eye contact with Jaejoong. “Remember what I told you before.”

“Yeah, yeah,” Jaejoong answered, rolling his eyes as he gets something from his pocket. “Is this the best thing I could give her?”

“I think you need to look for something better.” I told him.

And besides I don’t think she’ll like this… for now. I placed it back on the table for Jaejoong to take back. His face saddened, looked at the present for the last time before placing it back on his pocket. I then decided that since I am already helping this dude, might as well help him choose the gift that could impress Jessica.

“Let’s go,” I then said, standing up.

“Where are we going?” Both male asked, looking at me like I’m a sick person.

“Do you want my help or not?” I asked, crossing my arms and looking at them blankly.

“I do.” Jaejoong said, standing up and waited for me to say anything.

We all went out of the coffee shop and separated ways. Sehun and Kibyul would go and check up their pack while I go with Jaejoong to look for his present.

We explored the whole area and we didn’t find anything that could be defined as the best gift to Jessica. I was about to give up on looking but Jaejoong told me that he would never stop until he could find the perfect gift to his mate. I admire his determination but there’s nothing here that could really be the best gift for that girl.

Kai? Where are you? I then heard Jessica ask through the mind link.

I looked at Jaejoong and told him that his mate is looking for me. He then signalled me to tell her that I’m busy doing some stuff and wouldn’t be back until dinner and that is what I told her but she didn’t buy it. She really wants to know where I am right now.

Don’t worry Caramel. I’m not lying. I’m busy doing something that has nothing to do with you.

Fine, be back okay?

Roger! I shouted in the mind link, making her laugh at me.

She then cut the mind link off and I was able to concentrate on her mate who is actually looking really desperate right now. I then told him that we should take a rest before continuing. Good thing he agreed and we both sat on the bench. While I was busy texting, I saw Jaejoong deep in thoughts.

“It’s hard, isn’t it?” I asked, glancing at him.

“Yeah, why is it so hard for me to look for something that could be the best gift yet?”

I tapped his shoulder and smiled. Actually, I take it back. The gift he got for her was the best thing that he could give to her but since it’s not yet time for that to come, I think it would be best if he gives her something more appropriate for tomorrow’s event.

“How about a necklace?” He suddenly suggested making me shake my head. “Why not? It’s romantic.”

“Don’t. She already has many necklace and I don’t think she would even like it if she was given with that again, also, don’t think of giving her bracelets, earrings or rings. It won’t work. She’s already wearing something that is valuable to her.”

I heard him groan and brush his hair. “Why is it so hard for me to look for a gift?!”

I shrugged, looking the other way. I then saw a man suddenly getting on his knees, proposing to his girlfriend. I tapped Jaejoong’s shoulder and told him to look at the couple. He just rolled his eyes and looked the other way.

“C’mon, we better get Jessica a gift by the end of the day or else I wouldn’t be able to think of other things to give to her.”

I nodded my head and we started walking again. There’s really nothing that could be a gift. I then decided to tell him that we could look somewhere else and when he agreed, I took him to this secluded area and brought him to a store.

I entered, greeted the old lady behind the counter and told her that my friend needs something that could be given to his mate. I then told her not to give him necklace, bracelets, earring or rings because those are the common things that guys give to a girl.

“Alright, how about this?” The old lady asked, placing a medium sized black box in front of us. I decided to open it first and was shocked. “You said you wanted to give her something special, right? That is real and very old. Actually there was a man who came here and asked if he could look for something that he could give to his mate, like you, young man. He didn’t want anything common so I thought of selling this to him but he said that why should he buy that when his mate likes modern things. I then asked why he was here and he just shook his head and left.”

“Did the man come back?” I asked, really curious about the man.

“Unfortunately, he didn’t.” She says, shaking her head.

“I’ll take it.” Jaejoong suddenly said, smiling at the old woman and taking the box from the table.

“Why? There are so many things in here that you could choose from, Jaejoong.” I told him really getting confused as to why he chose that gift for Jessica.

“Trust me, this is perfect.” Now it’s he turn to reassure me.

I just nodded my head and let him pay for that before we go. We both bid our goodbyes and I went back to the pack house only to be met by an angry Jessica. I tapped her shoulder and told her that everything is okay. She just glared at me and told me to clean up because she’s not going to unless I am present at the dining table. I rolled my eyes and went to my room to change to something cleaner than what I am wearing right now. Being satisfied on what I am wearing, I went out and sat beside Jessica and we started eating our dinner.

Siwon’s POV

“Stop playing!” I shouted at my brothers who were busy playing table tennis and am totally not good at it.

All heads look at me and sat on the love seat. I rolled my eyes and told them what Jaejoong planned. Yeah, I’m in it too. There’s nothing wrong to help Jessica’s mate, right? And besides, I am pretty sure she’ll be speechless when she sees what he had done.

I just hope she won’t get angry because of him ignoring her.

“Are we just gonna seat here and watch you zone out?” I then heard Dong Jun ask, looking at me.

I shook my head. “Just remember not to spill anything to Jessica.”

“Spill?” All of us looked at Jessica who was leaning on the door with crossed arms. “What are you guys talking about?”

“Nothing!” Jeong Min and Dong Jun shouted then looked at each other and started laughing.

“What are you guys talking about?” She asks again looking really angry right now.

I really hate it when she’s angry…. She’s calm yet… Ugh.

“It was supposed to be a surprise.” I heard Junsu say, smiling wickedly at her. “We planned to prank you while you are sleeping but now that you know, we won’t do it anymore.”

“Prank? With Siwon oppa and Jinyoung involve? Wow, that’s new.” She said, shaking her head. “Well, you better mean it that you would stop because I don’t like to be pranked right now.”

“Yes ma’am!” The three, except for me and Jinyoung saluted.

She went out; Jeong Min immediately closed and locked the door. We then immediately discussed about tomorrow’s plan and everyone, including Jinyoung was excited. Well, who wouldn’t? We may be overprotective of our sister but that’s just because we don’t want to see her hurt because she has fallen in love with someone other than her mate and also, we wanted for her to wait and see who her mate is.

“What are we gonna wear tomorrow?” Dong Jun asked, looking at me then at Jinyoung.

“The usual, casual clothes.” I told him while standing up.

They nodded their head and I went out. I first went to the kitchen to grab something to eat then I went to Jessica’s office where I heard her beautiful voice singing. I slightly opened the door and saw her holding a brush and really feeling the song, making me laugh. Sometimes my sister is weird.

“Siwon!” I heard her shout, putting the brush back on her table.

“Hey baby girl.” I greeted, sitting on the couch.

“What are you doing here?” She stammered, looking anywhere but me.

“Nothing, I just wanted to ask if you want to go for a run.”

“Sure,” She stands up, smiling and walking out of the room.

I chuckled and followed her. We changed to our wolf and went to run all day long. I think she misses this so much because she hasn’t gone for a run for a month. We suddenly stopped when Jessica stopped in front of me.

Do you know where Kai is? She asks through the mind link.

No, why?

I haven’t seen him this morning and he didn’t even texted me on what he is doing right now. I then saw her wolf frown at me.

Don’t worry too much. You’ll be able to see him later before dinner or after dinner whichever he decides to show up.

Fine, she then turned around to run away from me.

I followed her towards the pack house and there, we saw Selena and dad talking. I stayed while Jessica went to her office. She knows that she doesn’t have anything to do with so she would just go and take a shower or type some things in her laptop.

“I am telling you this because I am concerned for Jessica’s sake!” Selena suddenly shouted, making me duck.

“How could you say that?” Dad says, shaking his head. “He’s long gone, Selena.”

“No, I can sense his presence and he’s here.” She tried countering back.

“But TOP is dead. He died in the war.” He answered. “And besides, if what you are saying is true then why would he try to kill Jessica?”

“Has Jessica done anything wrong to this man?”

I hid behind the tree and listened some more. “She doesn’t even know TOP. I am the one who has debt to him.”

“Then why is he after your daughter if you are the one who did something wrong to him?” She brushes her hair and looked at my father. “This doesn’t make sense. What is he?”

“He’s a warlock.” I heard my father say, making my eyes widen.

Jessica’s enemy is a warlock?

“He’s going to be a tough one.” She concluded.

“Why are you so worried about him? TOP is dead.” Dad says but the anxiety in his voice is present.

“I am positive that he is not dead.”

They both stopped talking when a rustling sound made noise. Dad and Selena growled at the bush only to be surprised that it’s only a lost animal. They shook their head and told each other not to say anything to Jessica or even anyone and went inside.

I leaned on the tree and sigh. TOP? Who is this mysterious guy who wants my sister dead? Better yet, what is his relation to my father and what’s dad have to with the warlock? Don’t forget about the fact that Selena also knows him.

I decided to go back to my room and rest. I can’t tell Jessica about it yet, especially when there’s a big event tomorrow. It may ruin the surprise because once Jessica learns about this she wouldn’t go out of her room and look for TOP and my dad will also kill me for telling her.

“Why so gloomy?” I heard Jinyoung said, opening the door. “C’mon, dinner’s ready.”

“I’m not gloomy.” I countered, standing up as I glare at my brother.

“Yeah you are.”

I rolled my eyes and pushed him out of my room. We went to the dining area to see everyone already seated. I went to my chair and waited for Jessica to start eating but I saw her chair empty. Where could that girl be?

“Where’s Sica?” I asked Jinyoung.

“Dong Jun is getting her.” He answered, taking the glass and drinking it.

I just nodded my head and waited. We then saw Dong Jun carrying Jessica making us look at them. She punched him on his shoulder and sat on her chair and started eating. Dong Jun went back to his seat and started eating also.

“Are you going to do anything tomorrow?” I heard Nicole ask, looking hopeful at Jessica.

“Nothing much, maybe stay in my office the whole day.” She answered, still continuing to eat the food on her plate.

“Don’t. We’ll go shopping!” She shouted, making us look at her and Jessica wide eyed.

“How many times do I have to tell you that I hate shopping?!” Jessica shouted, glaring at her friend. “I am staying inside my office and that is final!” She then used her Alpha voice, making us bow our heads.

“Yes, Alpha.” Was the response of everyone.

She then stopped eating and went to her room. We glared at Nicole and she just bowed her head. I stood up and went to follow my sister and saw her lying on her bed. I sat next to her and brushed her hair. She looked at me and smiled.

“Why so angry baby girl?” I asked,

“Nothing, I just…” She started and stopped when she looked at me. “I just… I just couldn’t understand why Jaejoong isn’t talking to me. He was always trying to take me or talk to me… Now that he stopped…” I then saw tears running down her face. “I feel so empty…”

I sigh, rubbed her back and hugged her. I’m really feeling guilty right now. I want to tell her about the surprise tomorrow but I can’t because it won’t be a surprise anymore, now would it? I breathed, patted her head and kissed her forehead before leaving. If I stay there any longer, I don’t know if I could stop myself on saying the surprise.

I stopped in front of Kai’s room and opened it to see him pacing around the room. I cleared my throat and he stopped, looked at me and sat on his bed. I sat on his desk chair and told him about the situation Jessica is in. He sighs, stood up and told me that he’ll go and make her laugh for a while. I just nodded my head and went out to my room.

I lay on the bed and the thought about that TOP came to my mind. I don’t think I could sleep peacefully until I find out what warlocks are and what he wants with my sister. Finally deciding, I took my laptop from my desk and typed the word ‘warlock’ and there were so many results that popped up. I clicked the first one and read it.

Warlocks are the children of Lilith, they are half – human, half – demon. They are the only downworlders who can cast magic because they have demon blood. Unlike vampires and werewolves who can merely infected by demonic diseases. Children of demons and humans who cannot cast magic are called Ifrits.I stopped, scrolled down so more and found some more interesting stuff. “Warlocks cannot have children. They are conceived by trickery. It is common for their demon parent to disguise themselves in the form of a male loved one and seduce the female human.” I stopped and saw that there is a part for the mark of a warlock. “Many if not all, warlocks have unnatural body parts, called the demon’s mark. They may have bat wings, goat feet, lizard’s tail, scaled hands or cat eyes but some also have different coloured skin.” (Based on my favourite book: The mortal instruments, by Cassandra Clare)

I breathed, looked at it one more time before closing my laptop. I just need to be extra careful not to spill about this tomorrow. But what does Jessica have to do with him? Dad did say that she doesn’t know him and dad was the one with the debt. I need to know what kind of debt my dad is saying.

Without having second thoughts, I went to my dad’s office and I saw him reading a book while my mom is sleeping. I greeted him and asked if we could talk. He just nodded his head and closed his book and looked at me but I shook my head and told him to follow me.

I led him to a place where no one could hear us. I turned my back to him and shake my head again. He took a step forward and tapped my shoulder before asking what is wrong with me. I looked at him and forced myself to sit down.

“Who’s TOP?” I asked, getting really nervous.

“What are you saying? Who’s TOP?” he asked back, looking anywhere but my eyes.

“Don’t lie to me dad. I heard you and Selena talk about him. Who is he and what does he want from Jessica?!” I shouted, getting really frustrated.

He stepped back and shook his head. “He’s someone you have no concern with, Siwon.”

“I need to know dad! Why is he trying to kill Jessica?” He shook his again and turned around. “Why aren’t you answering me?! Dad! What is your debt to him?!”

He didn’t talk and just walked away. I tried following him but he signalled me not to. I sat on the ground and shouted. Why is my dad becoming a stranger to me? He’s becoming a mysterious person. I want to know why he’s like this. I want to know why he’s trying so hard to hide the fact that his oldest son already knows something.

Warlock…magic…TOP…