Chapter Thirteen

eleven : eleven

*This is a double update, if you haven't read the chapter before, please do.*

 

 

 

As Kyungsoo awoke from his deep slumber, he overheard two familiar voices argue.

 

“It was your job to make sure he takes his medications!”

 

“He told me he did! Why are you so worried all of a sudden? You never gave a about him before!”

 

“Idiot! He’s my brother, whether I like it or not. We grew up together, of course I give a about him!”

 

“Well maybe you should talk to him more! Ever since that day, he’s been like that. And all you did was hop on a plane to China!”

 

“You know I was ordered by grandma to study abroad. Plus, it was just a break up.”

 

“Chen was Kyungsoo’s first everything, how could it be just a break up?”

 

Kyungsoo launched forward at the mentioned name. Chen... The name only brought pain and discomfort. He wanted to gurgitate right then and there.

 

“Well call the little er over. They have to mend things one day.”

 

Chanyeol sighed and ruffled his hair. He looked down and bit his lip. “Everytime I call, it goes straight to voicemail. I visited his house but no one answered.”

 

Because he’s dead, Kyungsoo thought. He looked down and realized he was dressed in a hospital gown, with an IV sticking out of his arm. He sighed, not again. Last time he was sent to the hospital, he was ordered to transfer schools due to ‘stress.’

 

It was only then when the arguing boys noticed Kyungsoo’s awakening. Yixing rushed to his side and forced him to lay back down. “You have to rest, silly.”

 

Kyungsoo was no stranger to Yixing’s worried nature. He seemed cold and downright cocky, and maybe that was right, but Yixing was no man of steel. If his baby brother was in the hospital, hell he would drop the Earth and rush to his side.

 

“Why didn’t you take your medicine? Are you an idiot?” he demanded, spilling all the bottles over the bed. Kyungsoo simply blinked as the bottles rolled and fell over the bed. He stayed quiet and glanced at the clock.

 

Summer vacation officially began. Maybe he’ll invite Jongin and Baekhyun on a cruise around the mediterranean. As long as he could avoid going back home.

 

“Yah Kyung, listen to Yixing. We are all worried about you.  We don’t want to find you lifeless on the floor like that last time.”

 

Kyungsoo recalled the memory. It occurred no less than a week after Chen’s suicide. Just like Chen said, Kyungsoo would cover it up. He ordered a closedown on the entire property. He traveled far and threw Chen’s phone in the sea and made an excuse that Chen would continue to be active in school, but through home. And he told everyone they broke up.

 

They all believed it. They thought the reason for Chen’s abrupt actions was simply due to the fact that they broke up. Kyungsoo couldn’t handle that first week. Everyone went on and on about how they missed Chen’s magnificent singing, breathtaking smiles, and radiant personality. He was their school’s ace after all. Loved by everyone.

 

And that got to him. Everyone lived as if Chen was still alive, but then again, that was exactly what Chen desired. The only flaw was that Kyungsoo knew. He was well aware that below that cliff, laid a carved stone in remembrance of Chen, and that his body laid buried under soft dirt, which Kyungsoo dug up shortly after he announced the closedown on the property.

 

And Kyungsoo could not handle that. So he cut and cut and cut. He sliced his wrists until he couldn’t even distinguish his creamy white skin. No matter how deep he went, it did not work. He still felt the pain, the horrible memories still lingered in his mind.

 

Chanyeol found him unconscious the next morning and no later than a week, Kyungsoo was medicated all these pills. At first, being the diligent son he was, he listened and followed his medication strictly. He was not allowed to visit the school for two weeks since he was under surveillance.

 

Once the doctor found him ‘normal’ he was allowed back to to school. When he got there, he heard what they said about him.

 

‘I heard Chen broke up with him over Joonmyeon!’

 

‘He’s such a weakling’

 

‘Chen made the right choice. Even he doesn’t want to deal with an ill person.’

 

And the next day, Kyungsoo was found hanging a rope over his ceiling. The rumors got worse. Shortly after, he was found with a canteen of pure bleach. The rumors continued. The next morning, a gun was found in his hand.

 

Luckily, Chanyeol was there every time. His heart still bleed everytime he remembered those moments. The emptiness in Kyungsoo’s eyes was devastating, he was simply a living doll.

 

“They don’t help, Chanyeol,” Kyungsoo whimpered as Chanyeol slowly retracted the pistol from Kyungsoo’s petite hands. Chanyeol could see the bottles of pills spilled all over the floor.

 

He embraced Kyungsoo in his arms once he grabbed full control of the gun and tossed it far from Kyungsoo’s reach. It collided with an orange bottle.

 

“Don’t worry, I’m here.”

 

Kyungsoo was sent to the  hospital that day and was recommended to be admitted into a mental hospital. But Chanyeol would never allow it. His cousin was heartbroken, not insane.

 

“I’ll take care of him. Just no mental hospital...”

 

And so Chanyeol took a hiatus from his modeling career and too Kyungsoo far away from Seoul Academy, and watched him closely for 3 months before allowing him to enroll in his current school.

 

“I want to go home,” Kyungsoo said suddenly as he began to remove the needle from his arm. Yixing held him in place however. “No, you are going to rest.”

 

Before Kyungsoo could protest, Chanyeol budged in and agreed with Yixing. “Your brother is right.”

 

Kyungsoo could feel his eyes begin to water. Yixing looked taken back. “Where does Chen live? I need to talk with him.”

 

Kyungsoo wailed. He began to scream and thrash in his bed. Chanyeol immediately hugged him tightly. attempting to bring him to a calm state. Kyungsoo just keep on screaming these high pitched sounds that sounded inhumane.

 

Yixing’s eyes widened and he ran out into the hallway, calling for help. A baby faced man in a white coat came to his aid.

 

“Help, he’s going crazy!”

 

The baby faced man nodded and ran to Kyungsoo’s side. He pulled a needle from his pocket and injected into his bloodstream. Chanyeol held him in place as Kyungsoo fidgeted, wailing loud for the whole floor to hear.

 

As the injection began to work, Jongin ran to the sound of the cries. They were so painful, it could only be Kyungsoo. He ran inside the room and found Kyungsoo’s eyes begin to flutter. He walked over and pulled Chanyeol away. He caught him with his arm and hugged him tightly.

 

“It’s okay Kyung, I’m here...”

 

Kyungsoo sniffled and nodded as the medicine soon overtook him. Everything turned black.


The monitor began to beep.