Awkward Silence

Will You Ever Love Me?

Sungmi came home from work (She's a 3rd grade teacher) earlier than Hyukjin. Sungmi came home at 4:30 pm while Hyukjin (her husband) comes home at 6:00 pm. Sungmi was home alone. She decided to cook dinner before Hyukjin came home. "What shall I cook?" She said to herself. "Ah" she said "I shall cook Kimchi". She started taking out the food supplies she needed. She started cutting and chopping. She finish cooking at 5:30. "30 mins till  hyukjin comes home" she thought to herself. "I'm going to watch some tv", she said that out loud. She watched tv for 30 till she heard a key opening from the door.

It was Hyukjin. Sungmi said, "hi". And told him dinner was ready. He said he'd come down after he finish taking a shower. He had finish taking his shower 30 mins later. He walked down to the dining room and sat across from Sungmi. There was silence for 5 mins as they started to eat. So Sungmi spoke up. "How was your day at work today?" She ask Hyukjin. He said "great, just the usual. What about yours?" He ask Sungmi. "Mine? Umm, just the same old same old." She replied. Then there was silence again throughout the whole dinner.  

Once Sungmi finish she got up and ask Hyukjin if he had finish. He nodded. She grab all the dishes and put them in the sink and started to wash them.  Once Sungmi had finish it was getting late. Already 8:00 she thought. She then turned off the kitchen light and check if all the doors were locked and went upstairs.

Hyukjin was already up stairs. She then went to the bathroom and took a shower. She got fully dressed and blowed dryer her hair. She climbed into bed with Hyukjin. They would always face the opposite side so they weren't facing each other. Sungmi said goodnight to Hyukjin and went to sleep.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Morning

Today was the weekend and they both had a day off from work. Sungmi woke up first to make breakfast. Hyukjin finally woke up. Sungmi told Hyukjin that breakfast was ready and he nodded. He sat in the same spot yesterday night. They would always have a small conversation during every meal. Usually they would just sit in silence. Sungmi ask if Hyukjin was going anywhere today? He nodded and told her “I’m going to hang out with my friends today’’. Sungmi nodded and he ask if she was going anywhere today?  She nodded and told him she was going to hangout with Kim Yuri. Then there was silence. Sungmi had finish her breakfast, grabbed her plate and place it in the sink. Then Hyukjin finish.

They both went upstairs and changed. Then Hyukjin left to go hangout with his friends. Sungmi watched the tv and waited for Yuri to come and she did. They both hugged. And Sungmi invited her inside.

“Hey Sunny! How’ve you been ” Yuri said.

“Good” she replied.

Sungmi and Yuri hung out all day. They laugh at jokes, watched some movies and had a blast.  Yuri then said she had to go. So she left. Sungmi got up to cook some dinner. Then later Hyukjin came and saw dinner ready on the table. Sungmi sat up and walked to the dining table and sat down for dinner. Same spot she sat this morning. Hyukjin then said that his parents called today. Sungmi ask what his parents said and he said that his parents wanted them to come stay at there house for a week and Sungmi nodded. Sungmi then ask “when did they say we should get there. He said tomorrow around 1 pm. She then nodded. She grabbed her plate and he’s and wash them. Then went upstairs.

 

(Authors P,O.V)

Every night was the same. Sungmi ask how Hyukjin day went and he said good. Then he ask how Sungmi day went you she said great then they would sit in silence throughout the whole dinner. Finally when dinner was over, Sungmi would get up pick up the dishes and washes then. Then she would go upstairs take a shower and go to sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this chapter isn't that intresting but I hope you like it. I will continue to update as much as

possible. I'm also working on another story. So i'll try my best! If you guys want it to be longer i will try                my best to make the next chapter long.  Thanks for reading this.  Add me as a friend and subscibe for                    updates on the story!