Chapter 5

September 1999.

Chapter 5
~~~~~~~~



Walking out of the dorm the next day, Kyuhyun couldn’t help but wish that they didn’t have any schedules. That mourning he had woken up just past 2 am, his head was hurting him all he could see were the burning images, the flashing lights, the men in dark suits. He could smell the burning flesh; he could hear the sound of his friends screaming.

He just wanted to sleep.
Instead he and the rest of his hyungs had to go to a fan signing event.

“Kyuhyun? Are you coming?" looking up Kyuhyun could see that he was standing in front of the travel buses’ door, holding up the rest of s.

“Sorry" the maknae said; even though he was managing to keep the images away he could still softly feel them, at the back of his mind.  

 He decided to sit by himself as far away from the others as possible, he didn’t have the energy to talk at the moment. Turning on his iPod, he could only hope the day would not last too long.

At the back of the bus, were the rest of super junior were gathered, the few members that weren’t still half asleep could only wonder what their maknae’s problem was.


                                                                                                                ^^^^^^^^


“We are Super Juni-OR!"

Screams could be heard in the large auditorium as the 10 Super Junior members sat down. Kyuhyun sat on the far end of the table next to Shindong, which would normally be fine with the maknae, however today was an exception.

The fan signing was on a first come first serve basis therefore there were only about 200 fans in the hall however thousands were still standing outside. The idea was to sign as many things as they could then go out for lunch, no singing as the managers didn’t want to rile the fans up too much saying that if could be dangerous for the members.

 As the fans started at the first person –Sungmin- and made their way down the line, Shindong thought it would be a good idea to create a full length headache starting, conversation, the victim being the maknae.

“Do you know what gets on my nerves?” Shindong asked the maknae, waiting for the first fan to reach him.

“A lot of things” Kyuhyun replied, leaning against the back of his chair, rubbing his eyes.

“People with no elevator etiquette” Shindong said with an amusingly dark look across his face.

“…what?” Kyuhyun knew he would regret asking, but he couldn’t help himself. Apparently neither could Heechul who, sitting on Shindong’s other side had grown bored with waiting for the first fan, so also decided to tune into the conversation.

“People have no manners when it comes to elevators” looking at Kyuhyun and then at Heechul Shindong realised he need to Explain a bit more.

“Ok for instance shouldn’t people wait for the person to come out before they get in? It’s just basic mannerism and it would be an easier solution for everyone. Plus why do people push the button over and over and over again like it'll make the elevator come faster because it doesn’t! Also when people are angry do you notice how they always take it out on the elevator buttons? Punching in the number to their floor, no wonder people get stuck in lifts all the time” Shindong finished throwing his hands up in the air, slightly dramatically.

Heechul and Kyuhyun only looked at each other,

“so” Heechul started, “it’s the elevator’s revenge? On the people who hit the buttons too hard?” he finished before sighing and turning around to the fan that had now made it to Heechul.

Shindong, realising Heechul no longer was a part of the talk, turned to Kyuhyun. Who only looked at his hyung before stating “that’s 3 minutes of my life I’m never going to get back.”

Thankfully Shindong said no more on the subject as the fans signing event finally went underway.

A while later down at the start of the table, Sungmin smiled up at yet another fan. Even though the majority of fans were female he had to admit, their male fan base had grown a considerable amount.

Looking next to him, he could tell their leader felt the exact same way, laughing slightly at the uncomfortable look on his face he turned around only to come face to face with another male fan; however unlike the previous ones this man was much older.

Also unlike the others this man paid no attention to the Super Junior member in front of him but instead was looking further down at other members. If asked Sungmin would say his first impression of the man was uneasy, a cold calculated look was sketched on the man’s face. It was scary and Sungmin didn’t like it one bit.

“Ajusshi?” Sungmin asked, trying to gain the attention of the large man in front of him. Once he realised he was being ignored, Sungmin reached out and touched the man’s arm, hoping to get the man to look at him.
Regretting his decision immediately when the man turned his sharp eyes on Sungmin, who even though was hard to scare, found the man in front of him extremely frightening.

“What?” The man snapped, eyes burning with anger, it took all his self-control not to punch the young idol.

“Who should I make it out too?” Sungmin asked, referring to the piece of paper in front of him.

“Just sign the damn thing” the man growled, gaining the attention of several people around him, including a few of the members.

“I need a name” Sungmin said, his anger over the man becoming apparent.

“Jeahyung” the man, now called Jeahyung growled as his need to move on became more overwhelming.

Once the man had passed, Sungmin couldn’t keep his eyes off, even whilst signing his other fans pictures. There was something about the man that didn’t sit right with aegyo king.

 As Jeahyung moved down the line, he gave similar responses to all the members, his dark sharp eyes only looking at the man sitting at the end of the table.

“Hyung, who is he looking at?” Siwon asked Donghae, both watching as the man was reaching the end of the table.
“I think its Kyu” Eunhyuk replied, signing his own picture, all the whilst taking glances at the man.
“Creepy fan man, he hasn’t taken his eyes off of him” Donghae said, smiling at another fan.

Kyuhyun on the other hand didn’t realise that there was a man watching him, his headache had turned into a brutal migraine, yet he had to keep up the appearance.

Rubbing his eyes once more he looked up to greet his next fan. If he wasn’t so tired he would have noticed how the men in front of him, stared straight into Kyuhyun face, without blinking.

“Who should I make it out too?” Kyuhyun asked, not even bothering to look up.

Jeahyung watched the young man in front of him, hate streaming through his body. He noticed how the kid had matured since he last saw him, how he was no longer scrawny. He hated how the kid in front of him, the idol, had ruined his life. How the young man still had a life. To top it off the brat wasn’t even looking at him!

He should remember me.

After a brief pause Jeahyung couldn’t stand it, leaning down till he was at eye level with the maknae. He spat through clenched teeth” you’re not even going to look at me?”

Kyuhyun looked up at the man, surprised at how close he was, the look in the man’s eye scaring Kyuhyun more than he would ever admit “M-mianhe” he replied.

Kyuhyun breath hitched as he saw the man’s eye twitch, where’s manager hyung? he wondered.
Roughly Jeahyung pulled the maknae up by the throat, holding the maknae by the neck; he squeezed as hard as he could. Pulling Kyuhyun so that the maknae was half leaning on the table, Jeahyung lowered his voice to the maknae’s ear.

“You don’t even remember me?! Don’t worry you will soon enough. You will pay Cho Kyuhyun, I promise.”  He hissed.

Shindong and Heechul were watching, as the man who they had just signed for, bent closer to their dongsang. Shindong, about to say something to the man, was startled when Kyuhyun was dragged out his seat by his neck.

All at once a chain reaction happened in the hall, fans were screaming, as they themselves had noticed how the man had been intimidating their oppa’s.

Shindong and Heechul, stunned by what was happening jumped up, trying to pull Kyuhyun back without hurting him.

Siwon jumped over the table as soon as he saw the man pulling Kyuhyun closer to him, however once reaching the man was elbowed in the stomach, knocking him backwards.

Leeteuk, reaching the man not two seconds later, punched him in the side, surprised when the man didn’t even flinch.

Sungmin just behind him, immediately started pulling at the man’s hands, as he saw their maknae struggling to breath.

Yesung and Ryeowook were still trying to figure out what was happening. Whilst Eunhyuk and Donghae were too stunned to do anything.

Jeahyung threw the maknae down and with one last glare, ran out the door at the side with Security chasing after him, not risking the screaming fans out front. The event today had just boosted his confidence. He was going to get the maknae, and once he did, he was going to make him suffer as much as everyone else had.

Eunhyuk and Donghae jumped up and rushed to Kyuhyun’s side shortly followed by the other members.

“Kyuhyun? Are you ok?” Donghae asked, helping the maknae sit up. Kyuhyun’s neck was bright red, showing a bruise already being formed, as he struggled to catch his breath back.

Leeteuk knelt down next to the shocked maknae “Kyuhyunnie, were going to go back to the dorms now ok? Can you walk” he asked.

Kyuhyun looked up at his surrounding hyungs, all who were watching down at him with worried expressions. All of his hyungs that is apart from Heechul and Yesung who were talking to their manager, not sounding too happy that the maknae wasn’t saved quicker.

He didn’t want his hyungs to worry too much, nodding his head, he slowly stood up. Donghae holding one arm as Yesung walked towards him and put an arm around his shoulders, the fan meeting was cut short, with the ten members making their way back towards the bus.Fans parting like the red sea, crying with shock, from what they had witnessed.

Kyuhyun didn’t pay attention on the silent ride back to the dorms. Nor did he pay attention walking up the stairs. He didn’t pay attention as all the members gathered in his dorm. He also didn’t pay attention as he walked to his room. He didn’t pay attention when the manager said that the man ‘Jeahyung’ had not been caught.

The whole time Kyuhyun could only think about what the man had said to him.

“You don’t even remember me?! Don’t worry you will soon enough. You will pay Cho Kyuhyun, I promise.”

‘who was he?’ Kyuhyun asked himself, before falling asleep, his migraine making it impossible for him to care.

The migraine however also allowed the maknae to have a dreamless sleep, as the hyungs in the other room, allowed him to have space.

Siwon sat in a small arm chair by the window. Whilst a majority of the other members had come to an agreement, that the violent man had been some sort of anti-fan, he couldn’t help the feeling that maybe it was more than that.

Since the man hadn’t been caught, Siwon undoubtedly feared for the youngest safety, only thankful that they would be going to china in a few days.

‘I can’t believe there are some fans like that’ he thought, looking towards the other silent members, all deep in thought.

‘He’s definitely not a fan’

He didn’t know how right he was.



                                                                                                                ^^^^^^^^
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

worst chapter ever ??..... i know :'( 
but its starting to get good now i swear :)