_7_

Too Eternal

You wanted to go to Luhan’s house, because you wanted to go to the movies. Once again his little brother Sehun opened the door.

“Hey Minah. Luhan is in his room” he said.

‘Sehun is really handsome. I thought his eyes were brown and not blue.’ You caught yourself staring at him, and he gave you a really weird look.

“Ehm…okay, thanks.” You mentally face-palmed yourself for being so stupid.

 

“I’m ready!” Luhan opened his room door and stepped out to you. He looked amazing as always. “Let’s go!”

 

You bought some popcorn and drinks and entered the big hall.

It was an action film. Loads of people were killed and lots of things exploded.

The whole movie long you held Luhan’s hand tightly and leaned against his shoulder.

 

On your way home you stopped at a park and sat down on a bench.

“I want you to be honest to me. At anytime. I don’t want too many secrets in our relationship” you said while looking at his face to see his reaction.

“Alright. I have something to say then.”

He took both of your hands. “Please don’t be scared or shocked, I would never do anything to you.” You nodded.

“I am no human. I am an immortal.” You looked at him with big eyes. Luhan continued. “I am an immortal beast. I walk around, drink blood to keep myself alive and live forever.” You tried to keep cool, but your body was shaking.

He looked at you. “I know. You should have told me earlier.”

Luhan gave me a questioning look. “You knew about it?” – “I already suspected that!” – “Are you afraid?” – “To be honest…No.” You remembered the words of Will and Rose in the book.

“So the girls you hurt…you needed their blood?” – “Yeah.” – “Why were your eyes blue?” you asked.

 

 

“I was born in 1890. I was an orphan, just like you now, but I lived on the streets of Beijing. At the age of 18 I got cancer and almost died because there was no one who could help me. A man and a woman came and carried me to a white house and made me drink something that looked like milk. I drank it since I thought it was some kind of medicine and fainted. I thought I’ve died, but I was still alive. The man and the woman were my family from now on. They cared about me as if I was their own son. My parents. I have to drink blood to keep myself alive, every time I need blood, my eyes will become blue.

“I don’t kill people when I drink blood. I would never be able to. I use that machine that looks like a cell phone to benumb the people.”

 

You nodded and took his hand. Both of you were still sitting on that bench in the park while the sky got dark and the stars and the moon were brightening up the night.

 

“I know it sounds odd” he said and shook his head. You put your arms around his neck, embraced him and kissed him.

You smiled and saw his surprised expression.

“You know what? I have a immortal boyfriend and I’m kissing his immortal lips.”

 

 

“Let me be immortal too, Oppa?” Both of you were sitting in your English period.

“What?” Luhan said.

“Luhan, do you have anything to say to your class mates?” Mrs. Kwon stood in front of our desks and looked at him.

“Eh, not really.”

“Then, please stop talking to Minah or else your seat won’t be next to hers anymore.” Mrs. Kwon walked back to the blackboard.

You put your hand in front of your mouth. You almost started to laugh.

Luhan gave you a small piece of paper:

 

“That’s not funny.”

You looked at him and he gave you a judging look.

“Ok, it is not funny at all. But what about the question I asked you before?”

“Immortal?”

“Yes?”

“You want to be with me forever till the very end?”

“Yes.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, there’s nothing to lose.”

“It is a decision that changes your whole life.”

 

Luhan led you to a room of his house, which you have never seen before. The room was completely white and there was a white bed inside and nothing else.

“Are you sure you want to be immortal?” you nodded and sat down on the bed.

“To be honest I would do everything to be normal again.” He brushed over your hand.

His mom came in and gave him a white bottle. Luhan kissed your lips and put the bottle to your lips. You took a gulp and lost consciousness.