1 | ✿

Chasing Liberty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Her Point of View.

I tapped my feet impatiently under the tiled floor as I waited for a particular figure to show up. But he never did. That pisses me off because for (1) I hate late people (2) I forgot to slip on my mask this morning, due to thinking that I was late (3) My level of patience is very low and (4) I am currently wearing the most girlish attire I could have even found in my closet. I could not believe he told me to wear “proper attire” and then leave me in a country that I’m not familiar by myself!

Angered and also a bit famished, I pushed the heavy wooden door behind me open and stepped into the university’s auditorium. I plotted my revenge plan for him in my mind as I absentmindedly sat at the last few rows of chairs of the auditorium. It was all silent and lonely until a few boys came in rowdily into the said place.

Scrunching my nose to myself, I tried to concentrate on the figure that was on the stage, ---a boy playing the violin rather violently. Due the massive amount of head shaking, the boy’s hair turned out to be disoriented, and messed up all over the place. He bowed once he was done and I could see tiny droplets of sweat dripping from his forehead.

The four judges, ---or more likely to be known as professors in front him applaud when he was done. I scoffed and leaned back into the cushion. I could have done much better. I placed the both of my feet onto the chair proportionally in front of me to suddenly receive a low whistle from the few chairs next to me.

Irritated, I turned to my left to see 4 boys in their own preferred attire. “Howdy, me lady?” One boy with a shabby black hair said. I raised my brow, trying to interpret his Korean as I was not really familiar with the language. Slowly, I mouthed, “Are you flirting with me?”

I got 4 confused faces as a reply.

 “Could you repeat that?” One with a deep voice said.

I mouthed to them, to him whom had flirted with me especially, the same thing, but at a slower pace this time. “I think she’s saying ‘are you flirting with me?’?” A cute boy with bony cheeks said quizzically. Oh right. How would they know that I can’t speak?

I just shook my head and lifted my feet off the seat in front of me to resume watching the auditions that follows. My hands slowly crept onto my lips and I reminded myself to put on a mask the next time I step into this university.

(●`・(エ)・´●)

For the next few hours, the group of boys next to me made a decision that it was best to ignore me, as I could hear them whisper in a foreign language that I am best at thanks to my late mother. Chinese. They were all whispering in Chinese. I on the other hand, did not care but instead tried my level best to restrain my eyelids from dropping.

When the auditions was finally coming to an end, it was already 4 in the evening. The boys next to me stood up and I could not but help to feel disturbed with the stolen glances and stares I received from the boy that tried to flirt with me. If I could speak, I would have sock him in the . Annoying prick.

Feeling a little hope in me, I stayed a bit longer from the foreign boys a few seat away from me and waited for him to arrive.

But the boy didn’t.

What was I hoping for, anyway? He was an idol after all, ---a much influenced one I must say and the promise that he made with me a few days ago would have been just a lie to cut me off the cell line. A tap on my shoulder made me snap out of my trance.

“Miss, are you here to audition? I am afraid to say that it’s over for the day.” A boy with premium suit and tie directed to me. I stood up and shook my head before heading to the main door. You are such a disappointment, Bbang. I sighed and combed my fingers through my hair.

With one destination in my mind to clear off the frustrations I was feeling, my steps quicken out of the institute, going through a virtual map of the city in my mind, over and over.

(●`・(エ)・´●)

I glanced at the watch latched on my wrist. It was 6 o’ clock. I had spent the pass 1 hour and 30 minutes in this station. It was a work of art indeed. I observed; the concrete floor was unevenly covered with tiles that had line textures on them, creating a vintage feel when you walk on it. The floral framed clock on the pole that had used the roman numbers adds an antique feel to the place. The wooden bench gave off an old but calming aura, and sadly the cause to the imperfection of the almost perfect ideal place for me to stay forever at, the electric train whose speed could defeat a cheetah’s.

The train station.

I am at the train station.

The place where I would go when my heart and soul felt like they were not in place. Hmm, that was actually quite poetic, Hae Jin. I bit my lips, trying to sustain the anger I was feeling towards that supposedly ‘friend’ that had promise to come and guide me around the university’s campus today. I had anger issues, ----something I picked up from my father along my journey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter