8 | ✿

Chasing Liberty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her Point Of View.

I fidgeted with my fingers and looked down onto my lap. Luhan had forced me to stay earlier and I gave into his large bambi eyes, which resulted to the awkward situation I am in right now. I had almost a dozen pair of eyes on me, not moving from their spot for almost half an hour already. Luhan moved uncomfortably on the seat next to mine, but I refused to look up and instead unclench my fists on my lap and started to study my fingers.

I was just … flabbergasted. Being a fangirl of the boy band Infinite myself, of course I knew some bits of information about Luhan’s band. They were that rising boy band named E-X-O. And who wouldn’t be nervous when they have a rising hallyu star staring back at you?

“So you’re a mute?” One boy, whose name I couldn’t quite remembered, broke the silence. I looked up, to the direction of the voice, --- a boy with high cheekbones --- and furrowed my eyebrows at him. Rude much? “Jongdae!” A tall man with blonde hair hissed. Ah, him!  I recognised him from the auditorium. Feeling appreciative that I was defended, I raised two fingers to salute the man with blonde hair. A few of the boys laughed in return, including blonde guy himself, as he unsurely replied with a, “You’re welcome?”

I clenched my fists on my lap once again and turned to look at Luhan. Without even waiting for me to say anything, he quickly said, “No you can’t leave. It’s barely 5 in the morning and you have a bandage around your head.” I looked at him glumly and sighed inwards. Averting my gaze out towards the tall French windows, I watched the tiny droplets of rain falling across the clear glass.

“So … Jie Jie, how did you and Lu Ge met?”

I turned to look at the owner’s voice, surprised to see a boy with a pair of panda eyes staring back at me. It was the boy from Luhan’s locker that I had seen the other day. He’s younger than me? Luhan looked down at me with an apologetic face. “I’m sorry, Tao just have this tendency to call every single girl he sees Jie Jie.” I waved off Luhan’s apology and scooted closer towards the boy Tao who was just two seats away.

I just had this heart-whelming feeling when I see Tao. It’s like I want to pet him on the head or something. Weird.  Taking a hold onto his arm, I pulled his sleeves up as the rest of the boys watched us closely. “We met at the time where we both least expected it.” I slowly scribbled onto his arm.

Tao’s eyes turned wide.

I had written Chinese characters onto his arm.

“Jie Jie knows Chinese?!” He gawked and then smiled.

“You do?” Luhan questioned from behind.

“Uh oh … Does that mean …” A boy I remembered whose name resembled the word ‘star’ in Chinese mumbled, unfinished.

“You understood what we said in the auditorium?!” Luhan’s mouth hung open.

I smirked under my mask and nodded. “Every. Single. Thing.” I signaled to Luhan. Blonde guy scratched his head. “You guys are sooooo busted. HAHA!” A boy with sharp jawlines said through his thick lips. The whole living room erupted into a laughing bit, and I could feel myself laughing silently as well.

“It’s nice to meet you, Di Di.” I wrote onto Tao’s arm once more. He smiled at me and replied, “Me too Jie Jie, me too.”

(●`・(エ)・´●)

I sat on one of the stools in the arts room, and just like in the hallways this morning, whispers surrounded me. My eyes wandered around. There were probably about two dozen people in here, coming from all ranges of society. The geeks, the jocks, the bookworms, the hipsters were all in their social clique and then there’s me, --- all alone, stashed onto a side.

My eyes finally rested onto my work table. I had chosen one nearby a window, so when I feel the need to look for an idea, I could just divert my attention elsewhere but the class. The art room was nothing special, --- just a white room with a high ceiling and numerous amount of pane less windows.  Next to my workplace, stood an easel and the empty canvas that I had carried earlier to class. Feeling jittery about a class for the first time, I arranged my stationery but halted when I hear the clicking of stilettos onto the ground.

The noise lessened. Everybody scrambled back to their own seats and stood up, which caused me to follow their movements as well. The clicking of heels stopped. After a moment, a woman in her mid thirties appeared inside the room, with a bright smile on her face.

“Good morning, class! My name is Kang Sojin and you all may call me Madam Kang. I will be your teacher, instructor, and friend throughout this whole semester, so get comfortable with me!”

“Good morning Madam Kang.” We all said in unison.

She walks towards her podium and smiles with her red lips. “Since this is the advanced class, I won’t waste my time on telling you to sketch a boring scene or some similar like that.” I immediately stood up when I heard her speaking profanities. Never the less, she continued, “Today, you all are going to draw someone.”

She looks at the door and motioned towards something, --- or rather something. “If you would step in, Luhan?” My head jerked up from the table, meeting a pair of mischievous eyes. The class buzzed in excitement. I groaned when he threw a smirk at my direction.

Ugh, Luhan.

(●`・(エ)・´●)

Flustered, I rushed through the crowd in the hallway to quickly stop by my locker. I could not believe what I had done back there in Madam Kang’s class. When everyone else had drawn Luhan with just a pencil, I made a jumping-off-cliff decision to paint a portrait of him. Imagine that. Painting a person in 2 freaking hours. That’s not even possible for Picasso.

Grunting, I unlocked my locker and rested my head inside it.

A loud slam from the locker next to mine woke me up. My head hit the metal as I jolted awake. My eyebrows furrowed when I saw who the intruder was.

Luhan.

“Good morning Sunshine~~~” He sang, before resting his back against the locker next to mine. I gave him my odd look. What was he so happy about? Reaching out for my forehead, he smoothed out my furrowed eyebrows and raised his own. “Why the frown? Didn’t missed me?” I rolled my eyes and slapped his hands away. “Shoo.” I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter