3

My "Unwanted" Visitors

When we arrived, I quickly took my seat and started preparing for class. Simultaneously, each one of the boys started filling in the empty seats besides me. I shot them a look of confusion and nervously looked away in hopes that their admirers didn't give me a hard time.

 

The professor walked in and began the lecture. I could practically feel the glares of all the fan-girls digging through my skull. Then, I started inching my head lower and lower by the second. 

"Yoomi, please come to the front and solve the problem on the board." He called on me. I looked up wide eyed. Slowly I stood up and walked to the board, my hands shaking as I grabbed the marker. Efficiently, I worked it out and sat down back at my desk. 

 

"Wow you're good with numbers." D.O whispered to me when I came back. I slightly smiled and continued taking notes.  A different girl, Miyeon, was called up and tried to knock down my textbook, but Kai caught it and handed it gently to me. I bowed my head to him with slightly pink cheeks. 

 

Class ended soon and I walked out of the classroom, not minding a few shoulder shoves, and headed towards the library, taking an apple for as a snack. All I wanted to do was to quickly get away from those boys. Why did they insist on staying with me? I can't really talk to them and I'm not as pretty as other girls. I took a sharp turn into one of the restrooms and stood in front of a mirror.

Brown doe eyes were staring back at me. I scanned the rest of my body. My chest wasn't has big as other women and neither were my hips. I ran track so my overall body figure was slight despite being lucky enough to have height to my advantage standing at around 5'6". I wore normal clothes that were not very revealing. My current attire consisted of a purple v-neck and skinny jeans. My brown hair was neatly brushed in open waves over my shoulders. What did these boys want with me? I cringed at the thought that this was nothing but a cruel prank from one of the more powerful girls in the school. I kept down a whimper and walked away towards the library to get some studying in.

I didn't enjoy being alone, yet it is hard for me to fit in with crowds. I never met my parents so I lived with my aunt my entire life in an isolated community away from places bustling with energy. As a result, I have lots of trouble making friends and being social. But that doesn't matter anymore. I am in college finally and will work hard to gradate and get the hell out of here.

 

I made my way to the center of the library to get out my books and laptop occasionally snacking on my apple and peanut butter. I was halfway thought the assignment when I felt a presence opposite me. I looked up and saw Kai. 

"You might as well show me where the canteen is so we can eat. I got lost and saw you sitting here. Aren't you hungry after all that running?" Kai pointed out.I sheepishly looked at the apple and back at at him. Why did were these guys everywhere? Kai pulled me up and took my hand.

"Come on, you're finished with track. You might as well eat so you're not hungry the rest of the day." He pushed me along and brought me to the lunchroom where we got our food. There was an empty spot available to se quickly occupied it. I looked around to see where his friends were but couldn't find them. Kai saw what I was doing and said,

"They have other classes to go to, if you were wondering." I stared at him and shook my head denying anything he implied. We ate our food in silence but it made me feel comfortable for once. After about 10 minuted, Kai took out a notepad and started asking me questions to answer.

"How old are you?" 18

"Major?" Architecture 

"Boyfriend?" Nope

Kai hid a small smile and continued to drink his soda. I finished my last few bites and stood up to throw away my food.  Suddenly, I saw Miyeon come towards me and spill soup down my torso. If I could, I would've screamed. The hot liquid scorched my skin! Instead, I hand to wince and gasp as I embarrassingly tried to keep my sweatshirt from clinging to my body. Kai quickly stepped in front of me and suddenly yelled at Miyeon.

"Yah! watch out where you're going, will you!" She tried saying something but he turned his back away from her and quickly murmured soothing words into my ears. Through his consoling, I could still hear the rest of the people in the room laughing at me. You would think in college stuff like this wouldn't be a big deal. I backed away from him but into someone else chest. I turned around and saw Suho standing behind me helping me with my shirt. He put his arm around me and led me out of the canteen.

 

"Come on, let's get you changed into some dried clothes." He said and led me to the track and field locker rooms. Suddenly, the rest of the boys were around me and helping. I walked in as the six lads where waiting outside. I quickly walked away from them since it was getting awkward.

I pulled my my shirt and took a cloth with cold water and started wiping away the soup. The skin was red and I knew that it wasn't going to heal for a while. I looked at myself in the mirror and choked back sobs. What did I do to deserve this damned life? I walked to my locker and pulled out a clean running shirt and short. My shirt is a tighter that the ones I usually wear during school. I slipped it on as it hugged by body. No one outside of the team has really seen me in it so I was getting a little nervous. Unfortunately, the building is a little cold but I guess I'll have to deal with it. As I walked out, Chanyeol grabbed my arm and handed me his jacket. I looked up at him and he nodded, I put it on and it hung loosely on me.

"How's your stomach? Did it get burned?" I shook my head so that they wouldn't worry. He searched my eyes and then stopped.

"Hold on, Missy. I don't think you are going to be walking around in those shorts. They are made for running. I don't think you want boys harrassing you after class." Chanyeol scolded. I pouted and walked back in to change into spare leggings. As I walked back Sehun asked,

 

"Where's your next class?" 

English I wrote down. Then showed me theirs and only Baekhyun had the same class with me. The others went to their respectful classes and me and Baekhyun walked in silence. He once again took my hand and interlaced out fingers. I wanted to pull away, but he placed our hands in the pocket of Chanyeol's jacket.

 

Kai tapped Kyunsoo on the shoulder and got his attention.

"Her legs look fine in those pants." He quickly got slapped on the head by Suho