The End of Two Lives

In the Middle of Love and War

"Please be more careful Jin Hee" Baekhyun hugged me tightly and returned the gesture. We were standing at the front gate of his house, well more like mansion I should say. It was an enormous mansion that was surrounded by greenery left and right and honestly it fit Baekhyun really well with his sophisticated clothing and fancy car, which we found out from Yoongi, was stolen by those disgusting LC9 guys and that's why we had to drop him off.

"I will. Baekhyun, again, I'm so sorry for what happened to you, it was my fault they hurt you and if there is anything I could ever do for you please don't hesitate and call me" My forehead was creasing at how worried I was.

"It wasn't your fault Jin Hee but I'll call you anyways, after all we are friends aren't we?" He chuckled but then clutched his stomach in pain.

"You okay man?" Yoongi ran over to him and helped him stand straight up.

"Thanks dude, I'm alright. I'll see you guys later. It was nice meeting you Yoongi, please take care of this one" he said pointing at me then he did some sort of universal guy handshake thing with Yoongi and hugged me one last time before going inside.

"Let's go kiddo" Yoongi led me to the car and we headed home. Or so I thought.

Yoongi made a turn to the left instead of to the right, going further away from home. The houses were really really big and beautiful on this side of town.

"Where are we going?" I asked looking out the window.

"To my parents house" he said as if it were nothing out of the ordinary.

"What!? Now?" He nodded and pulled up to an enormous two story house that made my jaw drop. Yoongi got out and opened the door for me but I refused to get out. "Are you kidding me? I'm not gonna get off looking like this." I pointed at my beat up face but he just laughed.

"You look fine!"

"Seriously?"

"Sweety, you could have an octopus on your face and I would still think you look beautiful! ... and plus I already told my parents what happened." Reluctantly I got off and he led me inside the house where we were greeted by a maid. She pointed towards the next room and there sat a small, frail looking woman watching television. She looked rather young but very weak at the same time. Nonetheless, she was a very attractive and elegant woman.

"Eomma!" Yoongi ran over to her and hugged her tightly and she hugged him even tighter. "Eomma, this is Kim Jin Hee" he said coming back to me, taking my hand and leading me back to her.

"Annyeonghasayo eommonie" I bowed.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Jin Hee" she hugged me as if she'd known me my entire life. We spent the rest of the morning at the Min residence and I slowly came to realize that I loved spending time there.

"Mrs. Min, do you mind if I ask where Yoongi's father is?" I asked her while we were in the kitchen making some lunch. I peeked into the living room to see Yoongi and Mi Rae playing together, it was the absolute cutest thing!

"He's out handling 'business'." She looked over at me sadly while she talked "I've always hated my husbands job for so many reasons. The thought of him getting shot or hurt makes me want to die and the safety of my children is always at stake! The worst part is that now my son is following his fathers footsteps." I knew exactly how she felt because that's how I felt everyday when my father was still alive. I feared that one day my father wouldn't come home and I would never see him again. "Jin Hee, I know Yoongi has probably told you how ill I've become so I have a favor to ask of you. Please take care of my son when I'm gone".

"Aigoo, eomonnie! Don't say that because you still have so much life to live!" Her words brought tears to my eyes but I held them in.

"You're so sweet. Let's have lunch then shall we?" She called Yoongi and Mi Rae to the table and we all sat and chatted until there was a knock at the door. Mrs. Min stood to open the door and we heard her talking to someone. Suddenly there was a loud 'thud' sound and Yoongi ran to see what had happened while I followed with Mi Rae in arms. I saw two men at the door and Mrs. Min on the floor. Everything happened so fast next thing I knew a doctor was at the house tending to Mrs. Min, while I was with Mi Rae in her room keeping her away from all the commotion.

"Unnie, what's going on?" She asked while she played with a Barbie and her playhouse.

"I honestly don't know sweety" I caressed her hair. "I'll be back in a bit okay? I need to go talk to oppa" I smiled and left the room. I headed to the room where Mrs. Min was being taken care of and where Yoongi was pacing back and forth outside of. "How's you're mom?" He shrugged sadly and I knew something was wrong. "What happened that affected her so badly?" His eyes were wet and puffy.

"My ff-fa-ther was k-kki-lled" he stuttered and fell into my arms. I was shocked and felt helpless that all I could do was hug him. He cried for a good ten minutes before regaining composure when the doctor came out of the room.

"You can go in now son" he gestured to go inside and I told Yoongi I would be in Mi Rae's room. Back in her room we played as if nothing was going on on the other side of the door. One hour passed and then two and later three until soon it became dark outside. Mi Rae fell asleep on her bed and after tucking her in, I headed over Mrs. Min's room. Yoongi was stepping out with a tired, sad, and puffy face. I hugged him immediately and kissed his cheek trying to console him as best I could. "How's your mom?" I asked fearing what the response would be.

"She's gone".

__________

Sad chapter :c

Comment, subscribe, upvote, etc. and thank you for reading! ^^