Why Am I This Way?

A Love from the Past

WARNING: This chapter is EXTREMELY short ._. Sorry but.. Yeah. Orz. I'll try to write a very long chapter for the next one. Just... Yeah ._. Here you go ♥

 


 I sat behind the rock I had curled up near, my eyes barely open from the long sleep. The girl was nowhere around me, the nearest living thing being a small bird that had landed to look for a snack. I stood up and brushed myself off before heading towards the village where I had met Jongup.
     I haven’t been able to get him out of my mind even for a second. His smile, his laugh, his eyes, everything about him was stuck in my mind. It was slightly driving me insane. When I was near here, something in me wanted to pull him into my arms and hold him there, never letting him go.
     Most guys would question everything at that point but mostly their uality. I was aware of mine, well aware. But never has someone made me feel that way, especially someone I knew only for an hour or so. I sighed as I walked through the stream, kicking small rocks that made up the bottom.
     I left the stream and tried to use grass as a way to dry the ends of the pants. It failed and I was forced to keep walking until I finally reached the village and sat underneath the tree Jongup had been sitting under.
     "You came!" Jongup came out from the hut and smiled brightly, running over to me and throwing his arms around my neck.
     We tumbled backwards and I chuckled, hugging him loosely. "I told you I would visit, didn't I?" I smiled and ruffled his hair.
     He smiled. "I made soup for us," he looked at my dripping clothes. "I'll give you more clothes, as well." He smiled again and pulled me inside where a woman and a young girl sat.
     It was his sister, the girl I had met in the present. She noticed me and smiled, waving but remaining as her mother brushed her hair. "Umma, can I play with Oppa and his friend?" She smiled and nodded, telling her to wait until we finished eating.
     His mother looked at me and smiled. "You're the friend he's talked about, right?" I nodded. "If you need somewhere to stay, you're more than welcome to stay with us." He sent the girl outside to play. "I'm sure you've come a long way."
     "You wouldn't believe how far..." I mumbled softly and smiled politely. "Thank you, but I found somewhere else to stay." I bowed respectfully and pulled Jongup outside with our soup.
     Jongup smiled and slightly leaned against my arm. "My sister already seems interested in you." I nodded and quietly downed my bowl. He hummed and finished his as well, setting the bowl in the grass and resting his head on my lap. "I hope you don't mind if I rest a bit," he smiled up at me. "I feel a bit tired." I gulped softly and nodded, granting him permisson to remain as he was. He closed his eyes and sighed as he relaxed. Within no time at all, he was asleep.
     I rested my hand on his cheek gently and bit my lip, my heart beating faster with each passing second and feeling like it would break through my chest at any moment. I carefully brushed his bangs back to reveal his gentle eyes, his eyelashes fluttering slightly as he dreamed. He was beautiful, everything about him was beautiful. I swallowed the lump in my throat and leaned against the hut with my arm lightly draped over Jongup's. "You're just confused, Daehyun," he whispered to himself. "He's nothing more than a friend."
     That would become the biggest lie of my life.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
 
     I shot up in my bed and looked around through the darkness. I my bedside lamp and rubbed my eyes. A loud beating sound came from the front door and I lazily crawled out of bed, completely ignoring the heavy weight that covered my legs. "Sonseng-nim?" I yawned. "It's the weekend, why are you here?"
     She smiled. "I came to check on her."
     I hummed. "She's sleeping," I lied, knowing she was most likely still with her family. "I'll tell her you stopped b-" A loud scream from my room interrupted me. I darted back inside and stared in shock when I saw Jongup, laying on my bed and looking around in fear and confusion. "..."
 

See? ._. I wasn't kidding. It's SHORT.