Jealousy

Your Oppa

            “Why are you acting like this?” You asked, trying to understand why he was so angry.

            “Because, you don’t ever understand why I feel the way I feel!” He shouted back. Walking away you run after him.

            “Please don’t leave!” You begged falling to the ground and trapping him so he wouldn’t be able to walk away.

            “Let me go!” He said.

            “NO!” You screamed. You started sobbing and he heard you. Bending down and lifting your head so he could look into your eyes he saw how pained you were.

            “Why won’t you let me go?” He asked trying to breathe normally. You closed your eyes and turned your head away from him. “Say it or I’m leaving. I’ve told you many times. Now it’s your turn.”

            “Because I love you,” you whispered.

            “I didn’t hear that,” he said, a hint of a smile in his words.

            “Because I love…” He didn’t let you finish; instead he planted a kiss on your lips. Moving in sync with his mouth you straighten up so he could hold you closer. Choosing to kiss you, he had forgiven whatever wrong you had committed. He leaned over you as you held onto his neck.

            “Wait.” You say as he kisses your neck. Not wanting to go any farther you held his hand and looked into his eyes. “I’m not ready for this.” You say more breathless than before.

            “Okay. I won’t push you.” He says as he helps you stand. “But I do expect to hear those words all the time now.” He smiled and your heart melted. He drove you home and stood at your door with you for a minute.

            “Want to go out tomorrow?” He asked. You could tell by the look in his eyes that he was holding himself back with all the force he had. You just smile.

            “I can’t. I have to go somewhere. Maybe next week?” You say trying not to give him too much information.

            “Why not?” He asks.

            “I have somewhere to go.”

            “Go? Where?” He asked still trying to get the information to pass your lips.

            “I can’t tell you.” You say looking away from his eyes.

            “Okay,” he said. Lifting your head and kissing you again, you held your breath. Attempting to keep the secret, you hold his hair and mentally bite your tongue.

            “I’ll see you later,” you say pulling away from him.

            “See you later,”

            “Love you,” You say kissing him once more.

            “Love you, too.” He said walking back to his car smiling. You watch him drive off and walk inside smiling.

 

The Next Day

 

            You woke up especially early the next day. Taking a shower and getting ready as quickly as possible you sit on your couch until eleven. As you walk out your front door, you smile failing to notice his car following you as you walk up to the bus stop.

            Sitting in your favorite spot you laugh at nothing and gain a few awkward looks as the other passengers avoid you. Three bus stops later you are close enough to walk to the train station. Practically running you go inside and wait, still failing to notice he is following you.

            “What are you doing here?” He asked as he sat beside you and kissed your lips. Surprise written all over your face you try to maintain your cool.

            “Nothing, what are you doing here? Did you follow me?” You ask.

            “No, I was driving by and I saw you come in here.” He couldn’t meet your eyes. He was such a bad liar, but he looked so cute. You smile and lean your head on his shoulder until the clock chimes alerting the public that it is now noon. You stand up and jump, struggling to see over the heads of the people getting off the trains.

            You can’t handle the excitement as you try to look for that one familiar face among the crowd. Your face drops when all the people are done getting off and you still haven’t met the face you were looking to see. Closing your eyes, you turn around and let your head fall to his chest, he holds you with a confused look on his face.

            “Why so sad?” Asked a familiar voice. Your eyes immediately open and your head lifts from off his chest. Turning your whole body at once you see him standing there with that same old smile you remember him having just before he left for the military.

            “Oppa!” You scream as you run into his open arms, leaving the other boy stunned and altogether too shocked to move even an eyelash.

            “I missed you!” You say very excitedly. You hadn’t seen your brother since he left for the service. Every time he could have a visitor you couldn’t go see him because of school but since you got out you had been looking forward to this day.

            “I missed you too, my girl.” He said.

            “O-oppa?” Asked the very confused boy.

            “Come on oppa, let’s go!” You say grabbing both of their hands and leading them to the coffee shop a few shops deeper into the train station.

            “O-oppa?” He asked again. After you ordered three large coffees, you and your oppa stood there talking as the still confused boy sat off to the side.

            “Why haven’t you dyed your hair back?” He asked.

            “Because I wanted it to be the same when you got back. I wanted you to be able to recognize me!”

            “I could recognize you if you cut off all your hair. It’s the eyes sweetie.” You laugh and hug your brother so tightly that the confused boy snaps out of his stupor. He pulls you down to his chair and sits you down on his lap.

            “Oppa, come sit with us!” You call as he looks at the boy whose lap you were now occupying.

            “And who is this?” He asks.

            “I’m her boyfriend.”

            “Right, he’s my boyfriend.” You say smiling and planting a small kiss on his lips. As soon as you pulled away he grabbed you and kissed you again.

            “Don’t get quite so handsy, boyfriend.” Said your brother, pointing a finger at the much younger boy.

            “What’s it to you?” He asked, clearly looking for a beating.

            “Yah!” You called. “He is your hyung, be respectful.”

            “Yea, be respectful.” He said straightening his uniform.

            “Sorry.” He said looking down.

            “When are you going to be done with all your nonsense?” He asked you.

            “What do you mean? She is the most sensible person I know!” Said your boyfriend getting awfully touchy.

            “You obviously don’t know my girl.”

            “Your girl?” He asked. You could see him getting upset.

            “Yes, my girl. Until I marry her off she is mine.” Said your oppa smiling. You beamed and turned a little red.

            “Marry her off?” He asked. Why was he so confused?

            “Yes, when our father died I promised I would take the utmost care of my little yeodongsaeng.”

            “Little sister?” He asked.

            “What is so confusing?” You ask.

            “Nothing.” He said smiling. There he was. He was almost back to himself. He leaned you over the table and kissed you. You tried to push him away but he was pulling you closer. Eventually you gave in and placed your arms around his neck.

            “Yah! Boyfriend! Get off of her!” Screamed your oppa.

            “Sorry. Are you staying here in Seoul?”

            “Yes, why?”

            “She will come and see you later.” He said dragging you out the door.

            “Oppa! Come by my place tomorrow! I’m sorry!” You say as he drags you out.

            Dragging you deeper into the train station he stops to look at a map and you notice him smile again.

            “What is up with you?” You ask, as he starts walking again. Leaning over and kissing you, he makes a hushing sound.

            “Where are we going?” You ask as he stops again. Dragging you inside he stops and pulls you into a hug.

            “I can finally ask.” He said kissing your forehead.

            “Ask what?” You say as he motions for you to look into the shop.

            “Pick one.” He simply says.

            “What?” You say. Now it was your turn to be confused.

            “I said, pick one.” He walks you further into the little shop and you notice it is a jewelry store.

            “What is this?” You ask.

            “Marry me?” He said. You look into his eyes. Your brother walks into the shop. Did he follow you two here? He looked around the shop the same as you.

            “What are you doing?”

            “I’m going to marry your sister.” He said confidently.

            “With whose permission?”

            “Yours.” He said grabbing your oppas hand.

            “And why would I let you?” He asked shoving him off of his arm.

            “Because I love her very much and I found that I couldn’t live without her. We fight a lot, in fact we fought just yesterday, but I don’t view that as a bad ting. That only means that we are growing to love each other more.”

            “You want to marry him?” He asked motioning to your boyfriend. You nod your head and he laughs.

            “And what is the name of the person who feels so strongly about my little sister?” He asked holding out his hand to shake your soon to be fiancés hand.

            “My name is…”