nothing good ever lasts

Graduating Batch of Gay

~*~

  “So tell me again why you’re not going to the school’s Halloween party tomorrow?” Heechul asked as he handed his boyfriend the soap.

  “I don’t see the point. It’s just an excuse for people to dress up and pretend to be someone else, and they already do enough of that every day.” Siwon explained as he hugged Heechul’s waist from behind and ran the bar of soap against the older man’s chest. “Besides, I don’t want to go to any event where I can’t be publicly seen with you.”

  “Well, technically, we can be seen in public together, as long as we don’t do, you know, couple stuff.” Heechul pointed out as Siwon continued to scrub him clean. “Ah, I love it when we do this. Makes me feel so clean and so dirty at the same time.”

  “Very poetic choice of words, Chullie,” Siwon’s chuckle was muffled as he buried his nose in Heechul’s wet neck. “Do you realize we’ve been at this for almost an hour now? My fingers have already started to look like raisins.”

  “Ew, I hate raisins. Disgusting little things.” Heechul scrunched his nose at the word. “But I sure am very fond of these fingers…”

  Heechul took one of Siwon’s fingers in his mouth and on it as if he were a baby with a tasty pacifier. Despite the heat of the moment (and not only because of the hot water), Heechul quickly pulled away with a scowl across his lips. He wished Siwon had informed him first that his fingers all soapy before he let him on them.

  Before Siwon could offer an apology (while trying not to laugh), Heechul’s phone started to ring (the fact that his ringtone is Lee Hyori’s Miss Korea doesn’t surprise Siwon at all) and he reached out of the shower curtain to answer it.

  “Hello?” he said as Heechul spit out the remaining soap he can still taste on his tongue. “Oh, hi Sungmin.”

  “Hey, Siwon. Is Heechul there?” Sungmin answered (followed by him yelling at someone on the other line not to be careful with his nails—apparently they’re very delicate). “Wait, is that running water I hear? Where are you?”

  “Um…” Siwon wasn’t sure whether or not it would be appropriate to tell him they were in the shower together; before he could decide, Heechul had already snatched the phone away from him.

  “Hey, Min. Sorry about that, I just had to get the taste of soap out of my mouth—”

  “Do you mean to tell me Siwon’s tastes like soap?”

  “Hey, not everything that comes in my mouth is Siwon’s , okay?” Cue the raising of Siwon’s eyebrows. “Now, what do you want? I’m kind of in the middle of something important here.”

  “As we speak, Hae and I are at the salon getting mani-pedis for the school dance. Care to join us?” he offered. “We’re going for banana smoothies and strawberry cheesecake afterwards.”

  “What’s he talking about?” Siwon asked as he squeezed some shampoo onto his hand.

  “Banana smoothies and strawberry cheesecakes. Obviously, someone’s getting over his eating disorder pretty well.” He revealed before returning to Sungmin, “As thrilling as all that sounds, I’m afraid I can’t just ditch Siwon. We plan to spend the rest of the night together.”

  “You guys spend every night together. A couple of hours apart won’t kill you.” Heechul could tell from Sungmin’s tone that he was rolling his eyes. “Besides, we need a legal adult to buy us alcohol for the big sleepover tomorrow.”

  “Heechul, you can go if you want to, I don’t mind.” Siwon said as he tried to rub out the tiny drop of shampoo that got in his eye. “We can always make up for lost time on the weekend.”

  “Are you sure?” Heechul asked, sticking his lips out in an attempt to be cute, as if that could justify him dropping their date for strawberry cheesecakes (he had a certain soft spot for cheesecakes). “I don’t want to leave you hanging…”

  “I’ll be fine, really.” Siwon assured him with a kiss on the forehead. “I have a lot of homework to get to anyway. Just promise to call me after your little girls’ night out ends, okay?”

  “Okay. Thanks, sweetie,” Heechul gave him a quick kiss on the lips before reporting back to Sungmin, “Hey, ButtMin. Yeah, I’ll be there in a few minutes. But I ain’t buying you guys any booze.”

~*~

  “Thanks for buying the beer for us, Chullie!” Donghae grinned as he hugged the paper bag containing bottles of liquor close to his chest. “Tomorrow night is going to be so much fun!”

  “You can say that again,” Sungmin agreed as they entered a cute, little café just a few blocks down from their regular salon.

  Donghae looked confused, “Um, alright. Tomorrow night is going to be—”

  “Hae, he didn’t mean that literally.” Heechul nearly facepalmed as they settled down on a tiny table in the corner. “Anyway, this café is cute, but from the looks of their menu, they obviously don’t have much variety to choose from. I say we keep looking for a regular hang-out.”

  “Well, my pedicure is already ruined from walking the three blocks over here, so we’re staying put for now.” Sungmin kicked off his open-toe sandals to give his newly-painted toes air to breathe. “Anyway, before we order, let’s talk about the subject at hand. What are you two wearing to the party tomorrow?”

  Donghae groaned, “Don’t remind me. Hyukjae and I just had an argument this morning about what costumes we’re going to wear tomorrow.”

  “Ooh, trouble in paradise already?” Heechul gave an intrigued whistle. “What is it this time?”

  “Well, I guess Hyukkie wanted us to wear couple costumes, but I want to wear a Nemo costume, but Hyukkie told me I was too old to dress up as Nemo and I said that no one is ever too old for Nemo then, well, some harsh words were said…”

  “I have never understood this sick obsession you have with Nemo.” Heechul shook his head, clucking his tongue to show his disapproval.

  Donghae responded with a tiny glare, “I don’t see why, since you can’t live without your humungous My Little Pony collection.”

  Heechul gasped in horror, “How do you know about that?!”

  A series of nervous chuckles slipped out of Sungmin’s lips as he abruptly stood up and excused himself, “I’m gonna go and place our orders—”

  “ButtMin, you blabbermouth, I told you that in confidence!” Heechul chucked a crumpled tissue paper at him before turning his attention back to Donghae. “That’s it, I am never telling that anything again. Anyway, back to your mundane life—so what’s the status between you and Hyukjae now?”

  Donghae groaned, “I don’t even know. Are couples supposed to argue so often?”

  “Um, yes, pretty much.” Heechul nodded blankly. “That’s the whole point of being in a relationship, besides the .”

  “Well, we do have lots of …” Donghae rubbed his chin in thought. “What should I do, Chullie? I really want to dress up as Nemo tomorrow night.”

  “You can always dress up as Nemo next year.”

  “But, Heech—”

  “Donghae, I don’t think you’re in any position to complain. Especially after the hell you put your boyfriend through not too long ago. You’re lucky the school even allowed him to attend the dance despite his suspension.” And just like that, Heechul had given his two cents on the matter.

  Donghae tilted his head in thought, “So you’re saying I should let him choose what we’re going to wear?”

  “Exactly,” he smiled cheekily. “So glad we had this conversation, Hae.”

  “Good news, the cute boy cashier was so dazzled by my goddess-like beauty that the banana smoothies are on the house.” Sungmin revealed as he joined the two at their table.

  Heechul scoffed, “Goddess-like beauty? Please. You did tell him you have a , right?”

  “Why on earth would I do that?” Sungmin looked at him as if he were talking crazy. “Anyway, what were we talking about here?”

  “Well, me and Hyukjae—”

  “Oops, just remembered, I don’t give a rat’s .” Sungmin quickly dismissed, not so subtly turning the conversation to him. “Let’s talk about what’s really important here. I have a dilemma.”

  “Let me guess, Kyuhyun can’t find your G-Spot?” Heechul teased, snickering.

  “Oh please, Kyuhyun found my sweet spot our first time together.” He bragged, before revealing the true nature of said dilemma. “But, speaking of Kyuhyun…I think something’s going on with him.”

  “What are you talking about? I haven’t noticed anything different.” Heechul asked as he slapped Donghae’s hand away from his mouth when the teenager tried to swallow one of the decorative marbles on the table.

  “Well, of course you wouldn’t notice anything. You wouldn’t even remember your own last name as long as Siwon’s in the picture.” Sungmin jeered with a roll of the eyes (Heechul bet he couldn’t go one day without rolling his eyes).

  “That is so not true!” Heechul squeaked, offended. “I can so remember my last name, with or without Siwon and his godliness. Like anyone could ever forget such a glorious name like Choi Heechul.”

  “Your last name’s Kim.” Sungmin reminded him smugly.

  Heechul’s face immediately turned bright pink, “I knew that!”

  Annoyed, the crossdresser in the strapless polka dot dress groaned, “Whatever, can we go back to my problem now puh-lease?”

  “I’m beginning to think there isn’t even any problem to begin with.” With a flip of his wig hair, Heechul huffed.

  “Yes, there is!” Sungmin insisted. “If you actually bothered to pay attention to anyone else besides yourself, you’d notice that my boyfriend is acting very strangely nowadays. He hasn’t been sleeping right, not eating much, and he’s always so snippy lately. I don’t know what’s gotten into him.”

  “Have you tried talking to him, Minnie?” Donghae suggested.

  “Yes, of course,” he nodded. “But he always tells me that he’s fine, as if I don’t know that that’s the biggest lie in the book. Between the three of us—”

  “Among.” Heechul corrected.

  “Whatever, you’re our Art teacher, not our Grammar teacher.” Sungmin waved him off. “Anyway, as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, I feel so helpless, knowing that Kyuhyun went through great lengths to help me through my problem and I don’t even know where to start with him.”

  “Well, Ming, sitting around here feeling sorry for both yourself and Kyuhyun isn’t going to solve anything. I say you get off your big and find out what the hell’s wrong with—ooh, smoothies.”

  As three banana smoothies were brought to the table by the young waiter that had his eye on Sungmin the minute they walked in (who Sungmin thanked with a wink when he returned to the counter), everyone took a minute or two to slurp their troubles away.

  Sungmin was halfway through his smoothie when he pointed a newly-manicured finger at Heechul, “I suppose you must be pretty happy, being the only one with a perfect relationship status at the moment.”

  “Oh, I wouldn’t say that,” Heechul his lips before going on, “I don’t know, I guess it’s just me being paranoid, but ever since Siwon and I started dating, there’s always been this nagging feeling in my chest that…something’s wrong. Call me crazy, but it’s just too good to be true.”

  “Well, you know what they say,” Sungmin glumly stirred the contents of his glass with his swirly straw. “Nothing good ever lasts.”

~*~

  “Hyukkie! I found a way we can wear couple costumes and I can still be Nemo!” Donghae barged into Eunhyuk’s room, and at precisely the wrong moment too, as the poor boy didn’t even get a chance to pull up his pants when his boyfriend caught him smack down in the middle of the act. “You see, I’ve been talking to Sungmin and Hee—please tell me you’re not touching yourself to a picture of TOP.”

  Eunhyuk sheepishly drew the covers up to his still-clothed chest, “I was lonely and you weren’t answering any of my calls.”

  “You mean your booty calls?” Donghae smirked before snatching the poster of the Bigbang member off his boyfriend’s wall and throwing it aside (much to Eunhyuk’s horror). “Anyway, I wasn’t picking up my phone because I was too busy finding you your costume for tomorrow night.”

  “Where is it then?” he asked as he searched for his boxers under the covers.

  “Right outside. I’ll bring it in; don’t move!” Eunhyuk watched as Donghae scrambled outside his bedroom and came right back in (not very smoothly though—he almost fell over when he tried to fit the ridiculously large box in his arms through the narrow doorway). “Ta-da! What do you think?”

  “I think…that’s the biggest box I’ve ever seen in my entire life.” He remarked as he finally slipped his plaid boxers on.

  “Yes, but inside it is—” Donghae grunted as he lifted the costume out of the box and proudly presented it to the older boy. “See? Brilliant, isn’t it?”

  Eunhyuk lifted an eyebrow, “What the hell is that?”

  “Isn’t it obvious? It’s a fishbowl costume!” He revealed, practically shoving the costume in his boyfriend’s face. “You’re a fishbowl and I’m a fish. Fish in a fishbowl. Couple costumes! Compromisation!”

  “First of all, though your usage is right, compromisation is not a word—though compromise is.” Eunhyuk didn’t know what he was more confused about: his boyfriend or the life-size plastic fishbowl he was holding. “And second, I don’t see how me being a fishbowl and you being a fish would make any sense, because usually I’m the one inside you.”

  Donghae seemed to consider his point, “So you’re saying you want to be Nemo?”

  “No, Donghae, I’m saying neither of us should be Nemo. Sweetheart, we’re eighteen years old, we can’t walk around in school wearing kiddie costumes.” Eunhyuk took the costume from Donghae and placed it on the bed. “Look, I love you, and all your little eccentricities, but sometimes you’ve got to learn to grow up and let go. At this rate, I think we’re better off dressing up as Snooki and The Situation, which is kind of perfect, because I think you’d make a prettier Snooki than Snooki herself.”

  “Well, it’s too late to go out and find new costumes, so I guess we have to make the best of what we have.” Donghae said, despite the look of dejection on his face. “We can go as Beyonce in her Single Ladies music video. In fact, I think I have a dress that can fit you. If not, we can steal one from your sister’s closet—”

  Just the idea of squeezing into a tiny black dress and a pair of killer heels was enough to make Eunhyuk pick up the fishbowl costume and put it on, “You know, on second thought, this fishbowl costume doesn’t look too bad…”

~*~

  “Well, hello there, Ms. Kim. Don’t let me interrupt you; please, continue stuffing your face at the buffet table.” Sungmin smirked as he approached the teacher whose cheeks were all puffed up because of the number of rolls of kimbap in his mouth. “I see someone’s obviously feeling a little down since his boyfriend didn’t want to come tonight.”

  “Keep your effing voice down,” Heechul hissed once his mouth was empty. “You know I’m a stress-eater. And do you really have to carry that ridiculous stuffed cat around? I didn’t think it was possible for you to become even more of a sight for sore eyes.”

  “If I want to stay in character, yes.” Sungmin confirmed, grinning as he eyed the hors d’oeuvres neatly laid out on the long table. “So, exactly what are you supposed to be?”

  Heechul was clearly judging him for failing to recognize his admittedly half-assed costume. “I’m a nun.”

  “You’re an atheist,” he pointed out.

  “I thought the irony would amuse people.” He shrugged before putting another roll in his mouth. “Anyway, what are you doing here alone? Don’t you have a boyfriend you need to hump?”

  “I could say the same to you.” Sungmin managed to duck just in time when Heechul flicked some kimbap at his face. “If you must know, Kyuhyun’s in the bathroom trying to unwrap another lollipop since his last one fell out in the car.”

  Heechul’s brows furrowed close together, “Since when did Kyuhyun become such a sweet tooth?”

  “He didn’t. We needed a cigarette for his costume, but since we can’t bring one to school, we settled for lollipops instead.” He explained as he poured himself a cup of punch. “Anyway, do you remember how I talked to you guys about Kyuhyun last night?”

  “Yeah, why? Are things any better?” he asked as he scanned the table for more food to scarf down.

  “No,” Sungmin sighed. “He still won’t tell me anything.”

  “Well, did you ever stop and think that maybe nothing’s wrong?” he said, his eyes glittering when he saw the tower of doughnuts. “For all you know, he could just be having a bad week or something.”

  “Why on earth would he be having a bad week? I have been right by his side 24/7, right down to every millisecond.” He said, starting to sulk.

  “If you’re going to ask and answer your own question, then what do you need me for?” Heechul smirked. “Oh, speak of the devil. Or should I say, gangster?”

  “There’s my little badass,” Sungmin greeted his boyfriend with a kiss on the cheek, leaving a faint lipstick mark. “I missed you.”

  “Mm, missed you too—is that sashimi?” Kyuhyun’s focus was quickly diverted to the food table. “Hey, Sister Heechul, stop hogging all the food. Unless you’re eating for two. You’re not pregnant, are you? Tsk, shame on you, Sister, nuns are supposed to be celibate.”

  Rather than argue, Heechul decided to play along, “Well, I haven’t gotten the test results back yet, but I’ll be sure to tell you when the morning sickness kicks in.”

  “Too bad Siwon isn’t here.” Sungmin quipped, “I’m sure Shisus would have loved this little get-up of yours.”

  “God, I miss that little . I wonder what he’s doing right now.” As Heechul reached for the platter of tiny finger sandwiches, he was inadvertently elbowed in the gut by a stranger wearing a less than attractive horse mask. “You again? Didn’t I tell you to go get on someone else’s nerves? Leave me alone, horseface.”

  Said ‘horseface’ threw his hands in the air, as if in frustration, before walking away, much to Heechul’s pleasure. Sungmin nudged him as the teacher got his hands on the tray of meatballs, “A little harsh, weren’t you? Who was that anyway?”

  “How should I know? He’s been pestering me all night.” He revealed, his voice muffled as his mouth was full. “It’s probably Hongki. He’s gotten really clingy ever since I dumped him.”

  “Hold that thought,” as Sungmin held up his palm, he managed to knock over the bowl of candies in Heechul’s hands. “Eunhyuk and Donghae just walked in and Eunhyuk’s abs are totally obscured by that…what the hell is he wearing?”

  When Sungmin yelled out “Yoo-hoo~” and waved them over, Donghae was beaming in his clownfish costume whereas there was a big frown that was practically plastered on his beau’s face.

  “Shut up.” Eunhyuk snarled immediately before anyone could even say anything. “I need a drink. Please tell me the punch is spiked.”

  “Unfortunately, no.” Kyuhyun answered. “I don’t know what the organizers were thinking—everybody knows you have to spike the punch at these kinds of parties.”

  “Don’t worry, honey,” Sungmin linked his arm with Kyuhyun’s, “We bought plenty of booze for later tonight.”

  “Good, because it’s pretty obvious we all need to get a little liquored up tonight.” He said, putting his arm around the shorter boy. “Especially Sister Binge-Eater over there.”

  “I know,” he agreed. “I may have to lay out newspapers everywhere to make sure he doesn’t projectile vomit all over my bedroom.”

  “I’m sure grosser things have been in your bedroom before. Including yourself.” Heechul sniped back, swatting Eunhyuk’s hand when the latter reached for one of the candies. “Go get your own damn food.”

  Eunhyuk looked wounded, “Hey, all this food is supposed to feed the entire school, not one…what are you, a ty nun?”

  Kyuhyun put his lips next to Sungmin’s ear, “There’s an idea for your next Halloween costume.”

  “I must say, Sungmin,” Eunhyuk’s eyes scanned over Sungmin’s costume. “This is certainly quite a change from your previous costumes.”

  “Which were?” Kyuhyun asked curiously.

  “Well, during my pre-teen years I dressed up as a Disney princess for three years straight.” Sungmin revealed. “Once I got too old for it, I tried something else.”

  “What?”

  “You don’t want to know.”

  “Sure I do.”

  “Well...I went as a stripper.”

  Heechul guffawed, some of his spit and crumbs from the cookie in his mouth landing on Sungmin’s face. “I can tell your parents must have been very proud of you.”

  Donghae suddenly grabbed Eunhyuk’s hand and pointed towards the photo booth, “Hyukkie, let’s go get our picture taken!”

  “Um, no thank you,” he refused, tugging Donghae away from the line leading to said photo booth. “I think I’ll be able to remember this night well enough without a picture to commemorate it.”

  “But, Hyukkie—”

  “No, Donghae.”

  “Wow,” Heechul muttered in between bites. “When did he get so firm and manly?”

  All of a sudden, Eunhyuk, who clearly hadn’t heard Heechul’s impressed remark about him, groaned much like a whiny teenage girl, “Ugh, Donghae, this stupid costume totally hides my fab figure. I told you we should’ve just gone as Snooki and The Situation!”

  Sulking, Eunhyuk stomped away, with a helpless Donghae following right after him.

  Sungmin snorted as he bit off a cherry from its stem, “Spoke too soon, Sister Chul.”

  “Hyukjae, if you hate the costume so much, then take it off.” Donghae said once he caught up to him. “God, I didn’t think such a little thing could make you so much. This is a party, Hyukkie. We’re supposed to be enjoying ourselves.”

  “I can’t take it off, Donghae, because you’re the one who wanted me to wear this fishbowl in the first place, and all I’m trying to do is make you happy.”

  “Well, I don’t want to be happy if you’re miserable.” Donghae sighed, “Hyukkie, I really don’t want to have another argument. Just take it off.”

  “What would I wear then?” he asked.

  “I don’t know. Why don’t you take a cue from Sungmin and be a stripper?” he suggested. “I don’t even know what I was thinking getting you that costume. You’re obviously embarrassed to be seen in it.”

  Eunhyuk’s face softened, “In all fairness, I think I manage to pull this off pretty well. Besides, I love you—if you’re happy, I’m happy.”

  “You’re so good to me,” Donghae smiled and pecked his lips. “Why are always you so good to me?”

  “I don’t know either.” Eunhyuk chuckled. “I’d hug you right now, but I can’t really move my arms around in this costume.”

  “Next year, we’ll dress up as Snooki and The Situation. I already have our outfits planned out, even.” He promised. “In the meantime, I’ll go around and check if anyone has a spare costume handy or something.”

  “Ah, yes, please,” he breathed a sigh of relief. “Anything would be better than being a fishbowl.”

~*~

  “Well, I see someone’s gone through a wardrobe change.” Heechul, who was still standing by the buffet table, held in giggles as Eunhyuk approached wearing his new costume. “What are you supposed to be now?”

  Eunhyuk answered through gritted teeth, “I’m a dove.”

  “Remind me to give Donghae an award for managing to find you the most mortifying costumes twice in a row. I’d say you would’ve been better off as a monkey—hey, what the—horseface, get off me!”

~*~

  “Hi baby,” Sungmin pounced on Kyuhyun’s back, attaching himself to his puny waist like a straitjacket. “Did you miss me?”

  “You were gone?” he asked, a little smirk tugging on his lips.

  Sungmin gave him a hard swat on the shoulder, “That’s not funny.”

  “I know,” he chuckled and kissed him on the nose. “But you’re cute when you’re annoyed.”

  “I freaking hate it how impossible you make it for me to stay mad at you.” Sungmin pouted, partly because he knew Kyuhyun would kiss his protruding lips. “Say, honey, can we talk?”

  “Oh sure, because we never do that.” Kyuhyun replied drolly, earning only a forced chuckle from the slightly older boy.

  “As hard as it is to believe, Kyuhyun, I’m being serious here.” He said as he unconsciously straightened Kyuhyun’s tie. “You know I love you, right? And that you can tell me anything?”

  He nodded, “I know.”

  “Great. So, tell me,” he started, “What’s new with you nowadays?”

  “Do you even have to ask?” he asked, one of his eyebrows rising in suspicion. “We see each other every day.”

  “I know, but there must be something going on. I mean, you haven’t really been yourself lately.” He took his hand and laced their fingers together. “If there’s anything bothering you, I’d want you to tell me because I want to help.”

  “I know, Sungmin.” He insisted. “But there’s nothing to tell, because I’m fine. I swear. So stop worrying your pretty little head over nothing, okay?”

  “But—”

  “Um, hello? A little help here?” Heechul grabbed onto Sungmin’s arm, desperate to hold onto anything as he was being hauled away by the very person that kept harassing him ever since the party started.

  “Not now, Heechul,” Sungmin shrugged his arm off without even taking a single glance at the teacher. “I’m kind of in the middle of something here.”

  “Well, I’m kind of in the middle of being kidnapped by horseface here.” Heechul was almost pleading. “When I was little and I wanted a pony to take me away to fairytale land, I didn’t mean it like this!”

  When Sungmin and Kyuhyun finally turned to look at him, the looks on their faces obviously showed that they couldn’t care less. “Have fun with your new pony, Sister!” crooned Sungmin.

  “He deserves it for finishing off half the buffet table.” Kyuhyun put his arm around his boyfriend and turned him away from the crime scene, as they didn’t really want to bear witness to the kidnapping of their art teacher by an assailant in a ridiculous horse head.

  Meanwhile, Heechul had no choice but to be brought out into the empty hallway by horseface, as he didn’t even have the strength to fight back since his body was pretty heavy from all the food he practically inhaled earlier.

  “Dammit, Hongki, I’ve already told you, we’re over. Why don’t you go screw some other teacher? I hear the Music teacher, Jaejin, is available.”

  Heechul heard a chuckle come from horseface before he bent over to remove his mask, revealing his identity not to be Hongki, but rather, “Siwon?” he gasped. “You were horseface this whole time? Whatever possessed you to get such an embarrassing costume? And I thought you weren’t coming tonight?”

  “I wasn’t. But I was sitting at home alone and I just…I couldn’t stop thinking about you.” Siwon cupped his face and pressed his lips to his. “I missed you.”

  “That’s really sweet, honey. But I still don’t understand this atrocious get-up.” Heechul said, referring to the large horse head on the floor.

  “Well, I told my friends I wasn’t coming and I didn’t want them to make a big fuss. Besides, I only came here to see you.” Siwon had this uncanny ability to make Heechul swoon every time he opened his mouth. “How could you think I was Hongki though? We’re not even remotely the same height.”

  “I guess I was too preoccupied with eating my sorrows away to notice.” Heechul admitted. “But you have no idea how glad I am that you’re here now.”

  Siwon picked up his costume and threw his arm around Heechul’s shoulders, “Well, Sister, if you’re up to being a little naughty tonight, what do you say we lock ourselves in the janitor’s closet until the party’s over?”

  “Ah, that sounds just like music to my ears.” Heechul smiled and leaned his head on Siwon’s shoulder. “Hey, you wanna go to a party tonight?”

  “Aren’t we already at a party?” he asked.

  “Oh, this party’s going to be a completely different one.” He revealed. “I think you might even actually enjoy yourself at this one…”

~*~

  “Well, Siwon, I hereby declare that you make a very hideous girl.” Sungmin decided as he put the cap back on the lipstick he just used on the football team’s quarterback. “I’ve tried everything. You just can’t be beautiful. Heck, even Eunhyuk makes a prettier girl than you.”

  “I don’t know whether to be relieved or insulted.” Siwon said, resisting the urge to scratch the eyeshadow off his eyelids.

  “That’s okay, sweetie. I can be beautiful for the both of us.” Heechul assured him as he handed Siwon a wet wipe to use on his face. “Anyway, how are those cocktails coming along?”

  “I feel the need to tell you guys that I really have no idea what I’m doing here.” Kyuhyun said as he stared at the two bottles of liquor in his hands. “If any of you ends up in the hospital tomorrow, don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

  “Oh, how hard it can be? It’s just mixing—ow!—alcohol together.” Eunhyuk flinched when Donghae accidentally pulled on his hair too hard as he brushed it. “Um, Hae, why don’t you go try on one of Sungmin’s new dresses? My scalp needs a break.”

  “I’d love to,” Donghae hopped off the bed and opened Sungmin’s closet, marvelling at all the clothes on hangers and the stack of shoe boxes on the bottom. “Oh, Minnie, someday I hope I can have a wardrobe as large as yours.”

  “I can’t take all the credit; I owe all of that to the wonders of online shopping.” Sungmin revealed proudly. “Special thanks go to mommy and daddy’s credit cards, of course.”

  “Oh, I love online shopping. It’s like sending presents to yourself.” Donghae grabbed a tube top dress out of the closet and stood in front of the body mirror to try to see how it’d look on him. “My dream is to shop in the mall with no one else but me inside and everything is free.”

  “A burglary, you just described a burglary.” Heechul informed him as he showed Siwon how to use petroleum jelly and Q-Tips to remove make-up more easily.

  “Hyukkie, why don’t you wear heels anymore?” Ignoring Heechul's quip, Donghae started perusing through Sungmin’s shoe collection. “I bet you’d look great in them.”

  “Oh, um, because wearing heels while playing football is normally frowned upon.” Eunhyuk’s tone was so casual that Donghae almost didn’t pick up on the sarcasm. “Plus I already get enough calluses from training anyway, I don’t need any more.”

  “Eunhyuk, have you noticed that nothing ever comes out of your mouth anymore except football?” Sungmin pointed out as he moved over to the mini-bar they had created themselves to help Kyuhyun with the drinks. “Where have the days gone when all we talked about was coordinating outfits, experimenting with new hairstyles and choosing out each other’s nail colors?”

  “Well, it’s not like I can just go back and forth from being girly Eunhyuk to manly Eunhyuk. I have to choose just one persona.” He said. “And if you hadn’t turned Donghae all girly and stuff then I probably wouldn’t have become this manly.”

  “I’m sorry, but I fail to see exactly how you are manly.” Heechul scoffed. “Just yesterday, you cried for hours at that drama on TV.”

  “You’d have to be heartless not to shed a single tear at Jan Di’s piano scene!” He said defensively, almost tearing up at the memory. “Besides, you’re the one who kept squealing every time Kim Bum appeared on the screen!”

  “You’re one to talk, Hyukkie.” Donghae smiled knowingly. “Need I remind you about the compromising situation I caught you in yesterday?”

  Eunhyuk blushed, chucking a pillow in Donghae’s direction to keep him quiet. “I have no idea what you mean, Hae…”

  “Oh, come on, Hyukkie. The TOP poster?” he smirked.

  “Oh my God, Hyukkie, you still get off to that TOP poster?” Sungmin chortled. “Well, I think it’s safe to assume that Donghae hasn’t been keeping his boyfriend very satisfied in bed.”

  Donghae brought his hands to his hips, “I’ll have you know that I keep Hyukkie very satisfied in bed. Just ask Nemo.”

  “Nemo?” Siwon chuckled at Donghae’s childishness and even picked up the stuffed toy to humor him, but his smile soon disappeared when he noticed the white, sticky substance on Nemo. Scarred for life, he promptly flung the plushie all the way to the other side of the room while emitting a high-pitched scream. “Ew! Is that what this is?”

  “Okay, that’s it. It’s been an hour into this so-called slumber party and stuffed animals with are being thrown around, no one’s served any alcohol yet and the cable is out. This night officially .” Heechul complained, crossing his arms to show his frustration.

  “I kinda like this though,” Donghae said. “All six of us are together again, just like camp!”

  “Ah, but you know what? Unlike camp, we’re not confined to just one place anymore. We’re free to roam around.” Sungmin rubbed his hands together, a plan forming in his mind. “Guys and gays, put on your best dresses because we’re going out tonight.”

~*~

Their costumes ^^^^

This was supposed to be one long- chapter, but I had to cut it into two. Still a pretty long- chapter though xD