Birthday

Mission
It's been a week since my best friend became my boyfriend, and Minsoo and I are sitting on the floor, reading. Coincidentally, it's also a day before his birthday, so we decided to have a sleepover at his place to celebrate. I was used to these slumber parties, because it was a normal thing in our friendship. Usually, we would just do random things, or relax and watch videos. Since today was a special occasion, though, we decided to go through some old photos and reminisce about our middle and high school days.
 
"Hey, what's that? Is that my journal?" He scoots closer to me, his eyebrows raised in question. 
 
Feeling playful, I stick my tongue out at him, refusing to hand over the notebook to him. "I haven't even started to read the good parts yet!" I turn to him in the midst of my laughing, and I see the look in his eyes. Oops.
 
A faint squeal leaves my mouth as he playfully pounces on top of me and begins to tickle my ribs. "Minsoo...AHH!" I try to scold him, but inevitably, another fit of giggles escapes my mouth. By now I'm squirming uncontrollably, but he just continues to torture me, a wide grin on his face. 
 
"Say that you like me, and I'll stop tickling you for the next month!" 
 
"But we're datin--"
 
"I'm waiting," he crosses his arms victoriously after sitting up so that he straddles my torso, giving me a chance to say the words he wanted to hear.
 
I just look up at him and mutter, "You like being in control a lot, don't you?" Minsoo's eyebrows raise a bit and his shoulders drop ever so slightly, probably a bit surprised that I caught on. "But that's okay," I continue. "That's one of the things I love about you." Silence washes over the room, and I start to wonder why. Did I say something wrong? I shift my gaze to his face before realizing the reason why there was a growing smile on his lips.
 
"YOU SAID YOU LOVED ME!"
 
"Well, yeah," I start to run my mouth, obviously flustered. "I said that when we were friends, too--"
 
"But this time, we're dating!" He gets off of me and starts jumping in happiness, like a little boy. Of course, I'm too embarrassed to pay mind to it.
 
I scramble to my feet and start awkwardly pacing around the room, searching for words to explain myself. "Um, we're dating, yeah, but still, I mean, you know what I meant when I say that, you always--" 
 
My blabbering is cut off by his hand gently clamping my mouth shut. "Are you done?" Minsoo asks with a chuckle. I nod mutely, glancing into his eyes. "Good, because it's pretty hard to kiss someone who's talking."
 
He teasingly brushes his lips against mine, tilting his head in the process. My body has forgotten how to respond to any senses, but he keeps going, pressing his full lips on mine. I'm putty in his hands, and I no longer feel shameful about it.
Minsoo deepens the kiss, softly nibbling at my bottom lip, and I suppress a moan at the action. He moves his hands tentatively, slowly caressing my torso, and at that moment I'm convinced that the heat of the room went up tenfold. 
We break away for air, gazing into each other's eyes. His hands are still holding my waist and his eyes are twinkling with admiration. I'm forced to look away, letting a bashful giggle slip from my lips. He leans in again, smiling wide while tipping my face towards him with a long finger.
 
"You're beautiful," he murmurs before capturing my lips with his own. I find myself pushed up against the wall, and his lips start to leave mine and make their way down my jawline. Naturally, my head tilts to the side. This electrifying feeling he gives me will never grow old, I conclude as he plants soft, fleeting kisses in a trail down my neck. 
Minsoo breaks our contact, his hands still on either side of me on the wall. My eyes flutter open after I notice that they were closed the whole time he was kissing me. I almost whimper at the loss of contact, and my cheeks flush with embarrassment. Never would I have imagined I'd be in this situation, yet here I am.
 
Minsoo breaks the silence surrounding us with a hoarse whisper. "It's my birthday, and I believe I have the rights to do whatever I want for today." He smirks knowingly, and I stare into his gorgeous eyes, too captivated to form an intelligent reply.
 
"My gosh, you're really good at this whole romance thing," I breathe as he picks me up and carries me to his bedroom.
 
 
---
 
 
A/N
 
didnt realize how short this would be compared to the first part ahaha I wanted to turn this into but alas I am incapable of doing so
 
unlike my first story i actually like this one and worked really hard on it ahaha so comments are appreciated like always.