Green Tea Frappuccino

Rainy Days

Ah.  I’m so tired.  Five more minutes until the bell finally rings.  You quietly drum your fingers impatiently on the wooden desk while your teacher rambles on and on about something irrelevant to the class.  You had planned on going to Starbucks afterwards so that you could study for the exam in a few days.  It was a huge exam that would be a huge factor towards your grades.  There was no time for anything else… except maybe food.  You played with your long, silky hair that cascaded all the way down to your belly button.  Searching for split ends, you plucked a couple out of bad habit.  Ring!  You hastily packed up your things and escaped out of the classroom and went to your locker.  20. 14. 3. Click!  You grabbed the textbooks you needed.  Taking your navy sweater, you threw it over your head and pulled it down with your fluffy cream-colored circle scarf over it.  You slammed your locker shut and began your ten-minute journey to Starbucks so you could get your favorite drink, the Green Tea Frappuccino.

“One order of Green Tea Frappuccino!” called the worker.  

You grabbed the drink while saying a polite, “Thank you!” and took a sip.  Delicious!  Ah, green tea is always so refreshing after a tiring day of school.  You sat down where you usually sat, in the corner near the window.  You realized it began to drizzle a bit.  Thinking, it’ll probably stop by the time I leave, you let the thought slip.  Starting on your studies, you began to zone out the atmosphere and people around you, only focusing on your work.  You concentrate hard until you feel a peculiar feeling in your gut.  Wondering what was up, you looked around and saw a wonderful sight.  A tall, Korean boy with perfect hair and complexion.  His cheeks were full of the right amount of chubby and his nose was long and bold.  His eyebrows were a perfect shape that suited his face and displayed his confidence.  You felt your cheeks burn up and you finally pulled your eyes away from him.  Oh my god.

“Hi, may I have a Green Tea Frappuccino?” he asked with his lovely, deep voice that sounded like a melody to your ears.  Stop. Stop.  Stop!!  I need to concentrate.  Okay so find the square root of… “Wow, this is amazing.”  Right?!  “I need to order this more often.”  Yes, so I can run into you more often too.  Oh my god.  I can’t afford to get distracted.  Study, study, study.  Why am I eavesdropping?  Ugh shame on me!  Okay, I really think I better get going.  You pack up and head on out and before you know it, water gets your head wet.  Whoa, when did it start raining this much?!  I have to hurry home!  You begin to run while covering yourself when you suddenly drop some of your books in clumsiness.  Seriously?  You bend down and pick them up when you realized the rain had stopped.  But the sound was still there.  Wait, what?  How is that possible?  You look up and think, OH MY GOD.  The perfect boy was covering you with his umbrella.  What a gentleman!  You fell in love with him even more.  Is he going to walk me home?  Oh, please!  “T-Thank you so much!”  you managed to get out while standing up.

“Oh, no problem.  Where are you headed?  A pretty girl like you shouldn’t be walking alone, especially in the rain without an umbrella!”  he said in a concerned tone.

You shrug while blushing and reply, “Ah, I just forgot my umbrella today.  I didn’t think it’d rain.  I’m heading home and it’s pretty close anyway.”

“Well, at least you have me right now!  I got you.” he chucked.  “Oh hey!  You got a Green Tea Frappuccino also?  Nice taste!”

“Haha, it’s great, isn’t it?” you said.

“Well anyway, would you like me to you home?  I have nothing else to do and--oh!  Sorry, I haven’t introduced myself.  I’m a nice guy as you can see, trust me.  The name’s JunQ.  Some things I like to do are sing and rap.”

You reply with your name and interests, while admiring his.  He seemed perfect and you were dying to walk home with him.  “It’ll only be five minutes before we arrive.” Sadly.  You engage in conversations with him that only get more and more personal as your stories are revealed and you find him to be more interesting than you first thought.  The short walk felt long for once, and you did not want it to end.  But all good things always came to an end.  Like the umbrella.

“Oh no!  Let’s run!!”  You two ran in the rain, not for long, when you arrived in the front of your house.

“It was great meeting you.” he smiled.

“You too.”  You gave him a hug and inhaled his scent.  He was warm, cozy, and cuddly.

“I love the rain.  Who needs an umbrella?” he chuckled while holding the poor tattered umbrella.

“Haha, I agree.”  Little did he know, that you were crying.  I love the rain, because I met you.  And because you can’t tell that I’m crying in tears of joy and love.