Jonghyun and Key

The Perfect Gift: Side Stories

I had always thought about having kids with Jonghyun and he knew that. But I knew that our lives were so hectic and busy that it just wasn’t possible. It was hard not to have a child to spoil, dote and love on, especially with my strong mother instincts. But, for the sake of our family, I did my everything to suppress my urges. That all changed on one February day.


The day was colder than normal, I clutched my jacket closer to my body, not that it helped much. I finally reached the TV station that my brother’s group was starting their day at. I ran up two flights of stairs, too impatient to wait for the elevator, and flashed my ID to the guard. As I entered the dressing room,  my eyes widened in confusion. There were several children in the dressing room, two sitting in Daesung and my brother’s laps, and another playing a game with T.O.P. Thoroughly confused, I walked up to the head coordinator.  

 

“Um, Noona?” I said, feeling a little sheepish.

“Hm?” She responded, deep in thought over which earrings to make my brother wear.

“What’s with the kids?”

“It’s bring your kid to work day, apparently.” She rolled her eyes.

“Oh, that makes sense. Oh, and I think the paper clips would work the best with Jiyong’s outfit.” I pointed to the green paperclip earrings.

“Thank you, I wasn’t sure whether to go with the paper clips or the zippers.”

“Kibum!” Another head coordinator called me over.

“Yes, noona?”

“Can you please watch Yoogeun for me? He keeps running off.”

“Sure.” As soon as I said that, the coordinator handed me a toddler boy and I instantly fell in love with him.

“Yoogeun, please listen to Kibum hyung, okay?” His mother told him.

“Yes, Umma.” Yoogeun said with a big smile. As soon as she left to help style Daesung, the boy turned his attention to me.

“Hyung, up.” The boy reached up towards me and I  couldn’t deny him. I pulled the small child into my arms, adjusting him on my hip so I could walk around. It felt almost natural to have a child in my arms and on my hip. I wanted to keep him there forever but knew I couldn’t. At one point, while I was ordering my brother around, he eyed the boy on my hip and gave me a knowing smile.

“When you gonna tell Jonghyun that your womanly instincts are demanding a child?” He teased me but the question was serious.

“I don’t know, Jonghyun was adamant that we should wait for a while.” I replied sadly.

“Well, how long does he expect you to wait? You’ve been together for four years and everyone who knows you, knows that you have the most insane motherly instincts known to man.”

“Shut up and put the necklace on. They want to mike you soon.” I ordered him with a smile.

“Yeah, I know, I’m going. But really, Bummie, you should talk to him again.” His face turned serious as he looked me in the eyes.

“I will when the time is right.” I sighed, the  boy in my arms had fallen asleep and was snoring lightly.   

 

I spent the rest of my free time that day looking up different adoption agencies and getting estimates about how much it would cost us to go through the process, and what the process itself was. I felt myself getting more and more excited with each phone call. It was almost the end of my shift when I finally found the perfect company. They were located in downtown Seoul, they had a lot of success stories, and weren’t insanely expensive like some of the other companies I had called. I saved the link on my tablet right as my brother walked up.

 

“Hey,” He said, sitting down next  to me. “What are you doing?”

“I’ve been thinking about what you said, and I decided that I should at least look into it a little before I talk to Jonghyun.”

“Really?” Jiyong’s eyes were big with curiosity. “What did you find? Any luck?”

“Yeah,” I replied while I adjusted the blanket over the sleeping toddler next to me. “I found an agency that’s located downtown and they’re affordable. I think I might get some paperwork from them tomorrow.”

“Wow, you’re serious about this group huh?”

“Yeah, I just need to talk to Jonghyun now.” I sighed knowing that was going to be the most difficult task of them all.

“Yeah, good luck with that.” Jiyong laughed and patted my back.

“Thanks.” I mumbled, looking at my lap.


Not very long after my chat with my brother, did I find myself off work and on my way home with a packet of print off information about adoption in my backpack. It had been almost painful when Yoogeun’s mother came to take him back, I didn’t want to give the toddler up to her. Instead I wanted to run out of the building with him and back home. But I knew that if I did that, then I would be not only a kidnapper but also, in a world of hurt with my husband.


“Jonghyun, I’m home!” I called out from the doorway as I took my shoes and jacket off.

“Yeobo!” I heard his voice shout before he came to give me a kiss. “How are you?”

“I’m okay, today was interesting.” I told him as I walked into the kitchen to make his favorite dinner.

“How so?” Jonghyun asked as he followed me.

“It was bring your kid to work day.” I didn’t make eye contact with him as I started chopping the vegetables.

“Oh, really?”

“Yeah, somehow I ended up watching Sooyoung noona’s toddler, Yoogeun.” I smiled at the memories of playing and feeding and loving on him for that short period of time.

“I see, I’m sure you enjoyed that.”

“Yeah, actually I did.” I began to imagine us with our very own child, running around after them, feeding them, freaking out at 1am because we can’t get them to stop crying, and playing with them. I was imagining buying them clothing and little shoes, teddy bears and toys, and reading bedtime stories. I saw Jonghyun in my mind as he pushed our child in the swings and bought us ice cream. I smiled when the image of us all cuddling in bed with our child in between us after they had a nightmare.

“Uh oh, what are you thinking?” Jonghyun said behind me, I barely registered that the food was done cooking already.

“Hmm?” I said as Jonghyun pulled me back to reality.

“I know that face,” He said sternly as I put the food on our plates. “You’re imagining something, aren’t you?”

“Yes, I was imagining us with a baby.” I said, pouting.

“Yeobo,” He said quietly, pulling me into his arms. “I know you want kids, I get it. Don’t think that I don’t want to have kids with you too.”

“But, not like me.” I started to cry. “I want kids so badly, Jonghyun. It’s killing me inside, all I can think and dream about is having a child.”

“Oh, baby, don’t cry. Please don’t cry!” He said sadly as he wiped my tears.

“Jonghyun,” I began, remembering the papers in my backpack.

“Yes?”

“I-I want to adopt.” I choked out. At first he didn’t say anything and just froze for a moment in surprise.

“You want to adopt?” He finally whispered.

“Yes, and I’ve been doing some research online and I think I found a place.” I told him as I ran to get the papers. “They have a lot of success and they’re really affordable.”

“Alright, let me see.” He took the papers and read them. I started to get paranoid after ten minutes and eventually got up and started washing our dishes. Suddenly, in the middle of washing dishes, I felt two strong arms snake around my waist and Jonghyun’s chin resting on my shoulder.

“Let’s do it.” He whispered in my ear.

“W-w-what?” I whispered in shock, dropping the cup I was washing in the sink.

“Let’s adopt, we can call the agency tomorrow afternoon and set up an appointment.” He said. I spun around and looked into his face, thinking he was messing with me in the cruelest way possible.

“You mean it?” I asked him.

“Yes, I want to adopt. I know that we said that we should wait a while, but the look on your face when you told me about Yoogeun and the look on your face a few minutes ago told me that you want this more than anything. I can’t deny you that. What kind of husband would that make me if I told you that you had to wait longer when you clearly are desperate.”

“A terrible one,” I choked out, happy tears rolling down my face. “Thank you so much, Jonghyun!” I threw my arms around him and kissed him.

“You’re welcome, Bummie.” He whispered into my lips. "I love you."

"I love you too, so much!" I cried.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

We are back (E/N: Wassup!!!!!!!)!!! I decided to add to our little saga by writing the background stories behind the adoptions of Hana and the twins. Obviously, this is only Jonghyun and Key because I decided that I should break the two up since they aren't really that related (E/N: Two different people, two different stories...). I think this will be the last story in the little series, it's so weird to be pretty much done with something that I've been working on for almost two months already!! I'm really happy at the same time though. So, I hope you guys like this little side story thingy (E/N: If you think about it, you could make a movie outta the stories if you put them all together.), we tried our best to make it good! Also, if you haven't read our stories before, then we should explain what you're reading in the autor note right now (if you have then you can ignore this):

 

So, I don't just write alone, I have my best friend, Bre, edit for me and so she likes to hack (E/N: WOAH, IT IS NOT HACKING! YOU GAVE ME YOUR PASSWORD!) and anything written in blue is all Bre's work. So that should explain a lot  (E/N: tumblr_m9t46fZ8Ww1r78fza.gifYeah, especially since I almost never get any credit, thank you very much.)

 


I can't believe that all I did was post the foreward and the description and I already have a few subscribers, an upvote, and over 25 views (E/N: Seriously, where is this magical land in which you guys are spreading your love from?!)! If that isn't dedication and love, then I don't know what is (E/N: Can you feel the love tonight *bum da da*)! Any ways, we love you guys, and we love hearing from you guys, so don't forget to comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumblr_moyzihbh221snmxkso1_500.gif

NOW TIME FOR-DRUM ROLL PLEASE- (E/N: DADADADADADADA) THE EVER FAMOUS

 

PICTA SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!! (E/N: Obnoxious cheering)

tumblr_mm6z3ddGzW1snmxkso6_400.gif We is back!!!

tumblr_mmjcwhnC1O1snmxkso5_250.gif<---- Writing is a lot of work, especially since I promised to upload everyday!

tumblr_mm6z3ddGzW1snmxkso7_250.gif<----------- Ugh, HOMEWORK

tumblr_mlnsf9oeYX1snmxkso6_250.gif Hey, who does homework anyway?! (Uh, I do?)

tumblr_lt4uo0v50m1r0p8zc.gif

 

 

key-shinee-angry.gifStill mad about never getting any credit lol

See you guys soon! Again, COMMENT! 

jongkey-peace-out.gifAdios achos ;) I REALLY love saying that. It's fun :)