Hana

The Perfect Gift: Side Stories

Just like most people, I don’t remember much from when I was very little. What I do remember was when I first met my dads. I will never forget running into Umma’s arms for the first time, he held me so gently but at the same time, he held me as if I was the only thing that was keeping him from floating away like a balloon. He looked at me as if I was the most perfect thing in the world, and I knew right away that he loved me with his whole heart. I knew right away that I loved him too, how could I not? I noticed that my Appa acted the same was as my Umma, and I never felt more adored in my life. I knew that my biological mother loved me just as much as they did but she was always careful with me, knowing that one day she would have to let me go. I will always be thankful to her for that.

 

I will always laugh when I remember the look on Umma’s face when I called him “Umma”. I don’t think he was expecting to be forever referred to as the female role in our non traditional family. But the way he held me and the way that he looked at me reminded me of the other kids’ Ummas and when I told him that all these years later, he laughed. He said that he was surprised at first, but he never really minded. He actually enjoyed being my Umma, because he was always the first person I would go to when I had boy problems or I was sad and needed someone to nurture me.

 

Appa was always just, Appa. He could never be thought of as anything but a man and I’m sure that’s partially do to the fact that he was horizontally challenged (Umma used to call him fun sized when he was really irritated). He was the one that was always making me change my clothes when he thought they were too “scandalous” and thanks to him, I didn’t get to wear ripped jeans until college. He would also be the first to threaten my boyfriends, sometimes he’d go a little too far. There was one time in particular when I thought that Yixing was cheating on me after a girl at school told me she saw him with a girl in the music room. This all turned out to be a misunderstanding and that “girl” was actually Luhan, which of course, resulted in neverending androgynous jokes, even on his deathbed. But, of course, when I came home and hurtled myself into Umma’s arms and buried myself in his chest, sobbing my story to him. Appa listened and once I was done, I heard some keys jingle and the front door slam. I found out the next day, from a petrified Yixing, that he had gone to their house and had a very serious conversation about what he was going to do to him if the rumor was true.

 

Ever since I was little, I was always very attached to my parents and I was always very cuddly, something that followed me even into adulthood. I was always begging my parents to carry me around, and according to Uncle Onew, my feet barely touched the ground. Whenever I cried, Umma would rush to me and pull me into his arms before Appa would pull me into his lap. Umma always jokes that I picked up on Appa’s skinship obsession but, I just really liked cuddling, it was my love language. I would always look for my Appa and beg him to let me sit in his lap. Umma even hung pictures on our walls of Appa and Uncle Minho, Taemin, Onew, and Jiyong playing video games together and I would be perched on his lap, face half nestled into his neck, while he held the controller in front of us, and was shouting at the game. Appa never complained when I asked him to let me snuggle up, he would just pet my hair and kiss my head.

 

Umma, was always the one to nag me about everything, to the point when Appa and I would just sit and watch while trying not to laugh. His nagging wasn’t just limited to us either, he nagged everyone. He would always scold me as he picked my clothes up off the ground and put them in the hamper, he would nag me to eat my vegetables, and he would nag me to get off the phone because I was making the phone bill a mile long, and I would always hear Appa laugh from whatever room he was in at the time. God forbid Appa and I eat things that weren’t healthy for us, the was when he nagged us the worst. He was always trying to make me eat healthy, and rarely did we have take out, which included pizza. Whenever Umma was out, Appa would immediately call a pizza delivery service and we would eat the pizza as quickly as possible and then hide whatever was left. We almost always got caught, though, but it was fun all the same.

 

Sometimes, Appa and I would play tricks on Umma. Our favorite was sitting on the floor play games that had no point and made absolutely no sense whatsoever. It was funny to watch, not only Umma, but any guests we had over at the time, give us looks of confusion. Aunt Sodam and Uncle T.O.P and Daesung were the first to figure out what we were doing, and they always watched us in amusement. It was also fun to scare Umma by jumping out of closets or hiding and pretending like we never came home. I only pretended not to come home once because when I did, Umma burst into tears and cried hysterically that he had “lost his baby girl forever” and that he was, “a terrible parent”. I immediately felt bad and apologized which in turn, earned me a week of no friends outside of school.

 

As I grew older my relationships changed with everyone but my love for my parents only grew. I began to realize just how much they sacrificed for me and how much they wanted me. I pitied other kids at my school, some of their parents didn’t even plan on having them, and here were my parents, desperately wanting me and accepting me with their whole hearts and souls. This was proven the most to me when a kid at school called  me a charity case in the tenth grade. I came home in tears and my parents spent the rest of the afternoon explaining to me just how much I meant to them and how I was anything but a charity case. Appa even said that if anyone was a charity case it was them, not me.

When my parents passed away, I was absolutely devastated. My Umma went first of old age and Appa followed him just days later. I knew that was how it was going to be, they couldn’t bear to live without each other. Hell, the most time they spent away from each other was two days and that was when Appa told him he didn’t like Umma’s meatloaf. A part of me was thankful that God had taken them in their sleep and within days of each other, but the other part of me never fully finished mourning. Even years after they died, I still would see things that reminded me of them and would burst into tears. I would sometimes go through the box of their belongings and find the old videos of me that Umma took when I was little. My favorite was the one when Appa and Uncle Minho tried to teach me how to ride a bike and it ended in chaos after Uncle Taemin called Uncle Onew old. I even caught Jongdae and Jongin watching the videos, but never said anything.

 

I honestly was the luckiest child alive, my parents adored me and showered me with love and affection but were careful not to spoil me too much. I had Aunts and Uncles who couldn’t get enough of me, and cousins and grandparents who loved me dearly. No matter how much I reflect on my life, I can’t think of a single thing I would change. I wouldn’t change sneaking out to get drunk and getting busted hardcore, almost crashing the car into the tree in our front yard, convincing my parents I was gay and Yixing was my cover up (Umma didn’t buy it at all but Appa sure did, and laughed and laughed at Yixing), or pranking Uncle Onew by parking his car in a block down the road from his house. I was the most loved child in the world and there is nothing more I could ask for.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

HELLO :) So, this chapter was going to be the 2min chapter but that chapter is taking me forever to write (E/N: Hard core writer's block). So instead Bre convinced me to write a chapter from Hana's POV which I actually am glad I wrote. It was fun to write this, and I got to show a whole new side of JongKey. Not that they were bad parents, but I got to show just how much they loved Hana and how, they really were appreciated and loved by her. 2min will be next we swear!!

I only have one chapter  (E/N: Well two if you count this one.) up and I have over 100 views and a bunch of subscribers!! You guys are beyond loyal and I love you all!!!

 

PICTA SPAM TIME!!!!!!

tumblr_ml27gxzQrX1snmzsuo3_500.gif I feel so accomplished!!

tumblr_ln7q9khe991qlihbbo1_500.gifI can't even deal with this gif!

gifkey.gif

tumblr_mm6yvaP5Fp1snmxkso3_400.gif DONT FORGET TO COMMENT!!!