Power of Love

Chapters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you, Im Yoona take Lee Seunggi as your lawfully wedded husband?”

I look up at the priest who is glancing in my direction, then to Seunggi who is smiling at me. I swallow the lump in my throat, millions of things racing through my mind. I take myself to a flashback from the night before until this moment.

 

Taecyeon took me to the rooftop of our company’s building. The night sky was painted with thousands of stars, most of them winking at us. Taecyeon grabbed my hand as we walked over the edge, staring off at a distance. We took a while to appreciate the beauty of Seoul at night. Roads were glowing from below, cars appeared like mini race cars that young boys play with and tall buildings illuminated the whole city.

“Pretty isn’t it?” Taecyeon said, not taking his eyes off the view. “Breathtaking.”

“It is,” I nodded. “Why did you take me up here?”

Taecyeon turned his body, facing mine. “Nothing…” he shrugged his shoulders. “Just wanted us to be alone for a while.”

I smiled at him, punching his arm lightly. “You’re delusional.”

He snickered, ruffling my hair playfully. “At least you like this delusional person,” he pointed at himself which made me giggle.

Silence took over as we stared at the mesmerizing view upon us again. Times like these, I found it peaceful and relieving, especially with Taecyeon by my side.

“I’m not going tomorrow,” I heard Taecyeon say, my smile faded quickly.

“What?” I questioned. “Why aren’t you attending?”

Taecyeon sighed, his eyes glued towards the sky. “I have a schedule. I’m busy.”

I rolled my eyes. “Taecyeon that’s not an excuse. How can you not attend your dearest friend’s wedding?” I pouted.

He chuckled, switching his glance to me. “I’m a bad friend I guess.”

“Come on, your members are going. Nichkhun oppa told me so,” I tried to convince him.

“I know Yoong,” he agreed. “But still, I can’t go. I’m sorry,” I caught him slouch as he shoved his hands in his pockets.

“But I want you to go,” I frowned. I turned around, folding my arms pretending to be upset. Taecyeon turned me around by grabbing my arm. He smiled at me, linking our fingers together.

“Okay maybe my schedule is kind of unreasonable,” he snickered.

“You don’t say,” I muttered in sarcasm.

“But that’s not the only reason why I’m not attending the wedding Yoona,” Taecyeon raised my chin up, making me stare into his eyes. I let my guards down, drowning in his soft gaze.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

He took a step back. “The reason why I can’t attend the wedding is that…I don’t want my heart to ache,” he whispered barely audible. However I heard it, and I stood there, speechless. What did he just say?

“What was that?”

Taecyeon swallowed hard, his eyes tearing up. “I  still love you Yoona. I love you,” he confessed. “And I can’t bear to see you go down that aisle, walking towards another man.”

“Taecyeon,” I said but he prevented me so.

“Yoona I can’t get over you, I just can’t. After we broke up, after all the misunderstandings and arguments we had, after all the tears we poured, after all the pain that both of us suffered, I can’t go on a day without thinking of you. I love you too much to be forgotten. But I guess, it’s better for us this way,” his voice cracked. “Although I was hoping for another chance, I ended up with none. I’m sorry Yoona. I’m sorry for the times I made you cry, for the times when I put you in a difficult situation and for the times when I wasn’t good enough for you. I’m sorry. I hope you have a better life with the one you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter