The Birth

Hidden

Hi! Thank you for the quick response, and since you asked for it, here's a new chapter!

As earlier said, this should have been the last chapter, but since I'm not yet done and I want to share it with you right away, then there will be another chapter for the finale. :)

Previously...

“For your deceit and betrayal, you, Jeul Ki, rather Joong Ki, are sentenced to death! You may take him away from my sight. Make sure that he will die before the sun sets!”

My world started to blur as Joong Ki was being lifted from the ground. They tied him up along with the horse that dragged him out of the throne hall. I could only hear my heart throbbing and my raged cries.

“Joong Ki! Joong Ki!” I called his name over and over until his figure was nowhere in sight. If he will die, I could might as well die with him. Jin Kyung immediately went to my side to pacify me but it was no use. I cried my heart out and suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I shouted in agony and the next thing I knew there was blood on the ground and on my sok ot. Oh God, please do not let my baby be taken away from me!

---

Chae Won's POV

“Please do not hurt my child! Joong Ki!” I could only supress these words along with groans and screams as they brought me to a room in the palace. I can hear mumbles from the hugungs saying that they need to take my child as soon as possible. I reached out to hold my bulge but Jin Kyung held my wrist.

“Chae Won-ssi, calm down please, you are only making things harder for yourself and for your child. You need to give birth soon otherwise the child might die in your womb. Calm down and focus on your child. Do not think of anything else just yet.” She said in a rather caring voice. Knowing what could happen to my child I took in deep breaths until I feel a little more relaxed. Thoughts of Joong Ki flooded my mind, but I have to remain strong for him and for our child.

They settled me in a large bed and had me grip on two cloth ropes that were tied on each end of the bed. A number of hugungs gathered around me, one at each side and three were at the end of bed where my legs were propped open. I bit on a rolled cloth as they said it would prevent me from further hurting myself during the birthing process. Waves of pain made me hold on to the ropes as if my life depended on it. The pain was taking its toll on my body as I almost passed out a number of times. I will get through this for Joong Ki and our child. I told myself over and over again. I heard them saying that I need to push some more and that my child was almost out.  It felt like an eternity when a surge of relief filled my body and I hear shriek cries coming from another person in the room, who is no other than my child.

 “A baby boy” the hugung announced, uri Myung Dae is now here.  I did my best to keep my eyes and ears open the whole time since my child was welcomed into the world for I feared that they might take him away from me. He was rather small contrary to how he felt coming out of me, wrinkled and covered with blood, but he is alive and I hope healthy. Myung Dae was immediately placed on top of my stomach where his cries started to tone down. I could feel my eyes welling up with the immense love I have for my child. I carefully caressed his back and felt his soft skin under the blood covering him. I counted his little toes and fingers which were very much complete. My reverie was disrupted when they took him,  my instincts were to keep him with me but they Jin Kyung assured that they will only take him to be cleansed and will be immediately returned to me.

True enough, after a few moments Myung Dae was returned to me wrapped in a white cloth. I settled him on my chest where I fed him for the first time. Everything seemed to sit still when I focused on him while he was contentedly taking in his first meal. Early on I could already see some features which he inherited from his father – his pursed lips, little nose and even the shape of his ears. My heart broke at the thought of Joong Ki. I closed my eyes to say a prayer for his safety, I am unsure if he will ever see our child, I am even unsure if he is still alive. My beloved husband, wherever you are, please know that I am safe and your child was safely delivered to this world. I will protect and love him with all my life. We will be together again someday.   

“The baby is short of some months, we are fortunate that he made it. You did well Chae Won-ssi.” I was somewhat grateful that Jin Kyung was there to support me all throughout the birth of Myung Dae.

“I am very grateful for your help Jin Kyung-ssi” we exchanged faint smiles until we were the door slide open revealing Jusang Sang Wook. He has a scowl on his face, and his gaze was piercing through me. I held Myung Dae closer to me as if to protect him. Jin Kyung stepped bowed and stepped aside as Jusang Sang Wook went near the bed.

“I came to see my son” He said. I looked down to Myung Dae where he has already fallen asleep in my arms and adjusted him for Jusang Sang Wook to see. He carefully took Myung Dae from my arms, it pained me how much I wanted Joong Ki to be the one carrying our son. I did not dare look at him but it was evident in his sudden change of tone that he was pleased with my son.

“I am very glad that my heir has been born. I will call upon a celebration to proclaim him as the prince. But this does not mean that I have already forgotten what you did Chae Won.” Hearing this, I bowed my head and tried to my best not to shed any tear.

A week after Myung Dae’s birth, I was visited by Jungjeon Si Yeon. Being her usual self, she arrogantly looked at me and my child. Myung Dae’s presence in the palace threatened her position as the queen.

“I cannot see any feature inherited from the king. Are you sure that this child is his?” She asked.

“Your highness, if I may just request you not to say anything against my child. The king acknowledged him as his child and heir.”

“We’ll see then” Jungjeon Si Yeon snorted and was about to exit the room when she turned back to Chae Won again “Oh, just so you know, it’s a pity that your fake hugung is no longer in sight.” And with that she left her.

Chae Won felt a million stabs in her heart as she thought of Joong Ki. It was only a week prior that they were very happy in each other’s presence. How come it came to this point? She asked herself. Silent tears escaped her eye, and then she was disrupted by the whimpers of her son, as if he was comforting her. She lovingly kissed his forehead and said a prayer for her beloved husband. As of the moment, she is alone in this battle for the safety of her child. 

----

There you go - what do you think? I'd love to hear from you! :D