Miracle

Miracle

Back to Basics

 

-----------------

 

"Ah miracle~" she whispered as tears rolled down her cheeks while looking at her photoshopped picture of the 15 members of Super Junior. Wandering around the streets of Seoul alone makes her feel overly-nostalgic despite the fact that it's her first time traveling there. 

 

It's been a while since she last fangirl-ed so hard over the boys. She's finally in the place she once dreamed of going to everyday; everywhere reminds her of the past, the bittersweet past.

 

The memories of the 13 members onstage flashbacked as Miracle plays inside the CD store, she can't help but wonder how she kept going all these years with very few news from the boys that was once her whole life, and ask why do unfortunate things happen. 

 

She slammed the glass door and took off outside.

 

She walked and walked, not caring if she bumped into other people. At last, she found herself standing outside a member's—the Anchovy's—bake shop, fighting the urge to go see him and burst out crying and embarrassing herself in front of the boy, now a middle-aged man. The fact that she will finally see him again after all the years of longing was overwhelming. 

 

She stood outside for 10 minutes and sighed in defeat—she can't resist the temptation.

 

She fell in line together with the other fans who are full of hope that they'll have a chance to interact with the Anchovy. She waited for a few minutes for her turn, pacing back and forth due to nervousness. 

 

The first thing she noticed was the sassy brown dog with the very large eyes; it's the pet sensation, and Eunhyuk's dog and best friend—Choco. A smile formed in her lips. She can't help but stare at the beauty; never in her wildest dreams would she have thought that they would meet someday, she almost forgot that she's supposed to stare at the dog's owner.

 

She didn't realize that Eunhyuk was now staring at her with intrigued eyes.

 

 

As if a bubble was popped, she turned to Eunhyuk—mildly embarrassed, and announced her orders. While getting the money from her wallet, a picture fell. Being the gentleman that he is, Eunhyuk picked up the picture on the counter to give it to her. 

 

He looked at the picture, surprised—the thought that the girl was her fan never really came into his mind. Her actions says that she's just a regular customer buying a cup of coffee. 

 

The picture was taken 20 years ago. He still remember that day—when everything was better, when everyone was happy. Although he has his own copy of the said picture, it still made him feel weird to know that people still remembered the bond of the two groups that paved way for Hallyu—the groups that changed the history of K-Pop.

 

It has been a long time since they debuted. And it wasn't an easy road—staying in the limelight without difficulties; it has been tough for Super Junior and TVXQ in the past years. 

 

But ELFs are still fighting for OT15—because they promised to believe. Cassiopeias are still keeping their faith—because they know that there is hope to the end.

 

He gave back the picture to her, holding back his tears, and feeling all weird by himself. He walked out of the store after giving back her orders. 

 

All the memories flashbacked in his mind—the miseries, the happiness, the hardships, and even the most ridiculous moments between the two beloved boy groups of South Korea. He had stopped being emotional about it for years now, and a single picture brought back all the memories the 19 men gave him. 

 

He smiled. He needs to make a phone call.

 

(A year later)
 

 

As the song goes, a miracle did happen. 

 

A few months after the coffee shop incident happened, there have been a lot of talks and rumors about a possible comeback—a long-awaited reunion. After years of waiting, a good news finally came—and it hit the whole world like a wrecking ball.

 

A collaboration, once again,—as expected—became legendary. The legends are together, once again, for good. And no amount of bashers and company interference can ever bring them down. 

 

Concerts and fan meetings, comebacks, albums, world tours—its like the world is back to the 2000s again, the good old days.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo! Dong Bang Su Ju imnida!" (Hello! We are Dong Bang Su Ju!)

 

"Yah! Uri-neun Syupeo Shinki i-eyo!" (Hey! We are Super Shinki!) Heechul shouted, causing an erupt in laughter to everyone at the Big Dome.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Eunhyuk-imnida. It's been a while everyone; Cassiopeia and ELF, we're back! It will be my first time telling this story to everyone, but I just want to thank someone. There's this girl," causing roars from the audience, but he continued.

 

"The girl who is the main reason why we're here in front of you, the girl who likes Choco more than me. You. I want to thank you for making me, or let's say for making us realize that we shine the brightest when we're together—though the chaos in our dorm is disgusting—you may not know it but you're the reason why everyone is here right now. It may be a bit creepy but every member knows you." Shouts, squeals and cries are heard from different sides of the arena.

 

"Also, you may not know this but you've been running through my mind all this time." Eunhyuk turned to her. Her heart stopped the moment they locked eyes—is this real life? He escorted her to the stage, and in a heartbeat, the arena drowned in a sea of tears.

 

She was astounded, crying; everything was surreal.


Eunhyuk wiped her eyes and looked at her straight in the eyes.

 

"So, I already said everything. Can I just shut up and kiss you now?" Without permission, Eunhyuk grabbed her waist and kissed her in the lips, whispering "thank you" in every breath.