My Star

My Star

 “WE LOVE YOU MELODIES!” the BTOB members shouted out in succession as Sungjae looked around the sea of fans and he smiled proudly before pulling out his phone and taking a quick pictures of the fans all around him. He switched to the front camera and took a selca before sending it to you.

 

To: ___ <3

Jagiya! I wish you could be here with us. I miss your cheering so much. ;___;

 

He clicked send and attached the selca to you and he shouted once more into the mic, “I LOVE YOU GUYS!”

 

You feel your phone vibrating as you made your way to the hallways underground that connected to the backstage. The bodyguards and one of BTOB's managers were talking with you and you paused and showed them the screen and they smiled at you, as you waited for the perfect timing to answer Sungjae.

 

In the meanwhile, the members watched the monitors from backstage as the audience filed out of the venue. Sungjae felt his phone vibrate and he smiled upon seeing your call. He placed you on speaker and he said, “___-ah!”

 

Sungjae oppa! BTOB oppas?” you hesitantly added before giggling a bit and you said, “Congratulations on another successful concert!”

 

Ah, we wish you were here ___-ah!” Eunkwang called out. Sungjae laughed and he heard you giggilng and you said, “I wish I was too.”

 

When will you come back to Korea?” Peniel asked, curious. You smiled and softly said, “Not sure, maybe April? Maybe in June?”

 

In the meanwhile, you were slowly making your way to the monitoring room that the members were waiting in and you smiled and silently thanked the bodyguard for safely escorting you here.

 

Sungjae pouted and he mumbled, “But I miss you...”

 

I miss you too,” you admitted and the BTOB members smiled fondly at their maknae before giving you two some alone time. Sungjae plugged in his headset and walked out onto the stage idly, knowing that it was empty now.

 

I want to see you.. I really miss you.”

 

Oppa..”

 

The longer I leave you alone, the more I miss you. 'Tears come out at the thought of you.'” Sungjae sang softly. You laughed and you replied in song, “'My heart aches, and I can't even sleep.'”

 

Sungjae laughed and he said, “You have no idea.”

 

I'm thinking of permanently moving to Korea,” you admitted. Sungjae eyes widened and his tone became happy and he asked, “Really!?”

 

Yes! Of course!” you laughed and said, “I just have to apply for a transfer to a college over in South Korea.”

 

Sungjae laughed and you glanced up as you stopped in front of the door, you momentarily mute yourself as you listened to Sungjae softly humming songs from their new album.

 

The moment you walked through the door, the BTOB members looked at you like you were a ghost and you held a finger to your lip, silencing them.

 

___-sshi?” Ilhoon whispered. You nodded and immediately Peniel walked over to give a hug which you happily received before hugging and greeting the rest of them. You put a finger to your lip again and you unmuted yourself and whispered, “I wish I could see you.”

 

Sungjae chuckled and you can hear him from the monitor room and he mumbles, “I wish I could see you too. Unlike you, I don't have the luxury of seeing you on TV or YouTube.”

 

You laugh softly and Sungjae muttered, “I'm hallucinating, I can actually hear you..”

 

Thinking of me too much,” you teased. Sungjae laughed and he said, “I really do miss you though. I haven't gotten time to even talk to you on the phone. It's ridiculous.”

 

I know.. and studies keep me busy too,” you answered. The BTOB members watched as you leaned against the door, watching you as you stepped closer to the stage. Suddenly the background music for 'Star' suddenly started playing and you lightly sang and walked out onto the stage that Sungjae was standing alone on.

 

Just wait, I will always be by your side,” you began softly, Sungjae whipped his head around at the sound of your voice and you smiled and continued, “I'll be your star that shines brighter than anyone else.”

 

_- ___?” Sungjae mumbled. You laughed and nodded, barely clicking the end call on your headset and you feel yourself being embraced in his arms.

 

I've missed you,” Sungjae mumbled. You nodded and you manage to wrap your arms around his neck and you smile, and whispered, “I've missed you too.”

 

He nuzzles against you, indulging in your warmth and reminiscing your familiar scent and he sighed contently and snuggled against you tightly.

 

The music kept going and the BTOB members just watched as Sungjae just held onto you before you felt him trembling slightly and you pull away and smile fondly to see your favorite BTOB member and most significant other beginning to tear up. You gently cupped his face with your hands and you mumbled, “I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner.”

 

He laughed softly and managed to choke out, “When did you get back?”

 

4 hours ago?” you calculate. Unable to stand by and watch any longer, the BTOB members file onto the stage and Changsub asks, “So did you come to our concert?!”

 

You laughed and turned back to glance at them. Sungjae doesn't let go of you at all and you nod your head and you turn back to Sungjae, and softly murmur, “Your high notes were flawless oppa.”

 

He smiled and he nodded his head at s who in turn returned to the monitor room and picking up in the middle of Star he sang, “During our struggles, all you need to do is softly kiss me.”

 

You leaned forward and gently planted a kiss on his lips and he said, “I'm so glad you're home.”

 

I am too,” you said, and Sungjae added, “No matter what, I only shine the brightest with you.”