Chapter 2

Temporary Angel

Their eyes never left the other's. The boy, with wings stretched out behind his back, and the girl, with eyes widening by each passing second, both refused to move. Until the brown haired boy spoke up in a whisper, 

"I hold you in a warm embrace as you journey through the veil of dreams," he chanted. The girl's eyes began to shut close. "I grant you a deep and peaceful sleep that you may dream of worlds unseen." With the *snap* of the boy's fingers, the girl dropped on her bed- fast asleep. The boy let out a huge sigh then turned his gaze to the girl. She looks uncomfortable, he thought. He took a step closer to the unconscious girl. With one step at a time, he reached her bedside. Her room wasn't very big but his nervousness took over him and it seemed to be a billion years until he finally reached her. He gently grabbed her legs and laid it on her bed. He picked up the fallen blanket and covered her in it. She immediately snuggled into it's warmth. The boy couldn't help but smile at her. 

~~~~~~

It had been two hours since their little 'meeting'. Jieun was still fast asleep and the boy was sitting on the floor, refusing to move (or even breath.) Every time the girl would stir in her sleep, the boy would freak out and his wings would emerge. This happened about 6 times. He was patiently waiting on the floor, when Jieun let out a whining sound. Her eyes began to flutter open. The boy in his breath and got ready for what's about to come. Jieun rubbed her eyes and sat up from her bed. She turned her head and found the same brown haired boy, smiling sheepishly at her. 

"Um.. hehe... Hi..?" He said nervously, scratching the back of his neck. Jieun was more confused than ever before. Then it hit her, the light, the earthquake, the boy, THE WINGS. She gasped. 

"Yah!!!! What are you?!?! Why are you here?!?" Jieun shouted, kneeling on her bed and throwing anything she got her hands on, at him. He freaked out and tried to dodge the flying pillows and stuffed animals. 

"Yah!! Quit it!! Calm down Jieun!!" The boy shouted, catching almost all of the things being thrown at him. His deep (y) voice echoed throughout her room.

"H-How do you know m-my name?!" Jieun asked, eyes wide again. Her arms dropped to her side.

The boy sighed, "Are you calm now, Jieun?" 

"NO!!! How do you know my name?! e!!! Stalker!!!!" She shouted at the top of her lungs, resuming her throwing. The boy rolled his eyes. He stood up and, with two long strides, he reached Jieun. He pushed her on the bed, grabbing one of her hand and covering with his other hand. 

"God, can you please be quiet?" He whispered. Jieun felt as if her entire body went numb. His hot breath touched he cheek, sending electric signals all over her body. The boy had both of his legs straddling her and his entire body on top of hers. Jieun felt her cheeks turning red. 

"Are you ready to listen now Jieun-sshi?" The boy asked in a 'sassy tone'. Jieun just rolled her eyes and pushed the boy off of her. She wiped with the back of her hand. She could still feel the lingering touch of the boy's soft hand. 

~~~~~

The boy sat back at his original spot on the ground and Jieun remained on the bed. She scanned him with her lazer eyes and the boy just lowered his head. 

"I guess you might have a lot of questions, Jieun-sshi." The boy said, clearing his throat. He didn't want to look up, but when he finally gathered enough strength to do so, he met her glaring eyes and lowered his head again. 

"You can say that.." Jieun responded, crossing her arms. 

"Um, my name is Park Chanyeol." He stuttered. "I'm still in--" 

"What are you?" Jieun interrupted, surprising the boy. He didn't know how to respond to that question.

"Um.. Park Cha--" he began.

"I know that Chanyeun." She said, rolling her eyes. The boy gave a confused look.

"It's ChanYEOL." He corrected, sticking his tongue out at the girl.

"Whatever. Just answer my question. What are you?" She asked again. The boy thought for a moment. He didn't understand what she meant. "You look like a normal boy." She said. Chanyeol looked up. "But most normal boys don't have wings attached to their backs." She fired back. He lowered his head, wondering what to say.

Chanyeol sighed in defeat. "I'm an angel. More specifically, I'm your angel. I was--" 

There was a knock on her bedroom door. Jieun and Chanyeol's eyes both widened. 

"Get under here!!" She whispered at the bewildered boy, pointing under her bed. The boy quickly scrambled underneath her bed. The door finally opened.

"Jieun-ah, go to sleep now, Arreso?!" Her dad staggered. He was obviously drunk. He wasn't in his complete mind yet. 

"Neh Appa.. You should sleep too." Jieun said, slipping into her bed sheets. Her father ignored her and walked out, slamming the door behind him. 

Jieun sighed in relief. She looked to the side of her bed and saw the boy's long legs sticking out from underneath. She giggles a bit to herself. She got off her bed and went to her closet. She pulled out a futon, pillows and blankets. 

Jieun walked over to the side of her bed and set up everything. "Sleep here tonight. We'll talk in the morning." Chanyeol stood up and he happened to be more than a foot taller than Jieun. 

She climbed into bed and Chanyeol into his small bed beside her's. Jieun could hear the soft snores coming from the man next to her. She unknowingly smiled.