The Wedding

The Wedding Dress

A/N: Listen to this first 

Wedding Dress

_____________________________________________

 

 

Together with the suit I’m wearing is a million dollar smile that shows how happy I am today as I walk towards the wedding hall where the ceremony will be held. I see a lot of people, relatives, friends and even kids who are busy running around while their mommies and daddies trying to catch up with them.

“The wedding will begin in less than five minutes!” The wedding coordinator announced as I go in line with my best friend.

“Nervous?” He asked as he looks at me with a smile on the face.

“Who wouldn’t be?” I simply replied as I smiled back.

 

The entourage starts and all I feel right now is mix emotion. This is not just a simple wedding; it is a wedding that will be remained not just in my mind but in my heart. The moment a person says I do, everything will change. Am I really ready for this reality?

 

Sophomore year in Seoul University, I met a petite girl from the Education Department. It was in the library while I was busy sleeping when she tap me.

“What?!” I annoyingly shout that create a sound to the whole floor.

“Sorry, but you were just too loud announcing to the whole floor about your underwear issue while sleeping.” She bluntly said to me as she continues what she is doing.

“Oh.” I immediately feel shame on my part because I didn’t expect that coming along. “I’m sorry to disturb you.” I whispered to her as she was just situated in my front.

“Don’t worry. I’m not really bothered.” She said, holding an earphone on her right ear. She just smiled at me and continues writing.

I, on the other hand, just turned red from the humiliation that I go through. I look at her, she looks at me. And in that instant, we click.

 

I haven’t seen the bride to be since two days ago and I’m anxious to see her. What does she looks right now? Is she pretty? Is she beautiful, stunning and amazing? What the heck am I asking to myself? Of course she is! She always been and always will.

“Excuse me Mr. Lu but it’s your turn already.” Ms. Choi, the wedding coordinator, told me and wink at me. “Your sweats are dropping, very nervous I see.” I smiled at her as I start to walk down the aisle.

 

Nothing can stop our fun and dates, even the busy streets on Hongdae. Hands intertwined, we happily walk together as she takes pictures of the view, me and us. It’s surely one of the dates that I will never forget.

“Lu Han,” she called my name and I immediately lay my eyes on her.

“What is it?” I asked as I look at her. *click*

She put her camera down and stares at me. “I’m so happy that I met you…”, she said and hugs me, “promise that you will never leave me through ups and downs?”

“What are you saying? I promise.” I said as I hug her back.

“Even if you meet other girls along the way?” She asked.

“Even if I meet other girls along the way, you will be my other priority aside from my mother.” I answered as we stay on the same spot, hugging each other. She takes my right hand and there made a pinky promise. Sounds too childish, but that’s a promise I will keep for the rest of my life.

 

 

“Lu Han, do you think that you and I can end up like them?” She asked as we were watching a chick flick in the TV. It was a weekend, no school and it was raining hard outside. I was at the dorm with my other roommates, chilling around when she came in carrying bags of chips and a chick flick DVD.

“Maybe, maybe not. There’s a lot of possibilities.” I answered as my eyes were glued on the tv screen.

“But what if we were, what if one of us is in love? Do you have guts to tell me?” She asked.

“Can you?” I return the question to her and look at her.

“I can’t say. Maybe, maybe not.” She smiled as return her eyes to the TV screens.

 “What if I really do mean it?”

 

As I started walking around the aisle, I look around the people inside the hall. Everyone was smiling and I can’t help but smile back despite of the tension that is occurring in my body. I take off my eyes from them and face the altar. As I take my last step in front, I went to the side. I take a deep breath first before looking at the aisle where I was minutes ago.

As soon as the ring and coin bearers move out from the aisle, the cute flower girls followed. There I saw the girl that I patiently waited for the rest of my life. As she walks towards the aisle, she was smiling from ear to ear and I can’t help to do the same. Anxiousness and nervousness were driven off from the system as she comes closer and closer to me.

 

It was a mid-afternoon of April, we were walking in the premise of Namsan tower as we watched the cherry blossom trees blooming on the side.

“Babe, there is something I wanted to tell you.” I said as we take a sit on a vacant bench nearby.

“Really? I have something to tell you too!” She said excitedly as she looks at me.

“You first.” I told her but she shook her head.

“No. You go first, you look excited and I want to know what it is all about.” She answered, waiting for me to say something.

“I love you.” I said with sincerity and honesty as I look at her eyes.

She smiled and intertwined her hands on mine. I pressed my hands to her as she did the same. With just simple gesture, I know that she is the one for me.

.

.

.

.. Or just maybe..

______________________________________________

 

“Promise me you will never let me go.”

“I promise. I will hold you until forever last.”

 

A promise that was long kept.  A promise that will change our life. You and me, together…

 

 

FOREVER..

 

But I guess promises are meant to be broken. Forever is just a word used by people but don’t actually mean what it really means. Because if you mean that it will last, why are we in this position now? I look at him from the altar, dashing as how I met him years ago in Seoul University. The guy I love, and forever hold a big part of my heart.

“Are you okay, honey?” My dad asked me as we started walking in the aisle.

“I am dad.” I replied with a smile as he pressed his hands to mine.

“It’s okay to be tense love, it’s normal in a wedding.” My dad said, “If you are fidgeting right now, what about your husband to be?” We laughed at that comment.

After seconds of giggling, I composed myself as show the smile that people want to see. “I’m sorry.” My dad told me and little by little I started to feel betrayed, betrayed from the people I loved and cared the most.

 

Something came up when you were having a class in Calculus, one of the major subjects that you’re taking this semester and the last one for today. You were not in the mood because of a certain someone didn’t greet you on your birthday. Your friends were fussing about your change of mood and tried asking you what’s wrong.

“Cheer up unnie, maybe he was just preoccupied with the whole graduation thing. He is very serious when it comes to academics.” Riseu said as she comforts Jaemin.

“I understand that idea but even a simple “happy birthday” greet on text will do.” Jaemin sobs as she feel sad not getting any single greeting from his boyfriend. “I don’t need any extravagant surprises or flowery whatever that is. All I want is a simple greeting from a boyfriend, am I being selfish?”

RiSeu didn’t reply, so as the others. They know Jaemin isn’t the cheesy or clingy type. You were just upset. When the bell rings for dismissal, you slowly gather your things and as you were about to go out from the classroom, someone put a blindfold on you.

“YAH! Take it off!” Several attempts of taking the blindfold off, yet you didn’t succeed. You were just trying to back off but the person keeps on pushing you forward. All of the sudden you feel drops of water in your skin.

“OH MEN! Right on time rain! Right on time!” You hear a familiar voice mocking and you immediately take off the blindfold off from you and look at the guy at the back.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Before he can say something you already smack him using your books.

“That was supposed to be a surprise, see?” Luhan point the tree where a table with set of utensils were prepared. You check on the surroundings and noticed it was the soccer field of the university. You can’t help but awe in the set-up he made for you. “Now everything is ruined because of the stupid rain.” He keeps on mocking but suddenly stops upon seeing her smiling widely. “You okay?”

“I never expected this kind of effort today.” She replied as she started walking in the rain towards the table.

 

Hey dad, isn’t it awkward?” You asked as you look at the guy waiting in the aisle smiles at you. You can’t help but smile also.

“What is awkward? That you ended up with him?” Your dad asked as he tries to follow your gaze.

“Yes. I can’t believe that this is really happening.” You smiled as you look at your dad. “For a second, I thought I lost everything already after what happened in the past. But then again, I think this is a way for me to end up with my Mr. Right.”

“I still can’t believe you’re still hyped and happy after all of it.”

“I thought so too, dad.”

 

______________________________________________________

 

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today as we celebrate the union of Jaemin and..” The priest starts to say. Luhan was just looking upfront, listening to every word the priest says. This is the day he’s waiting for. The unity of two hearts, the union of two lovers deserving for each other..

 

 

 

 “How are you feeling?” RiSeu asked as she went to her husband’s side and sit beside him.

“I’m okay. I just can’t believe ‘till now that they’re happily married.” Lu Han said as he put his hands to his wife’s waist. “How about you?”

“I’m happy for them.” RiSeu replied. “I just thought, maybe, that,” she said as she points the chest of Lu Han, directing to the heart. “Is not okay.”

“Will I be a bad husband to you if I say yes?” Lu Han seriously asked as he looked at Jaemin and Minseok in the center of the dance floor as they’re having their first dance as a couple.

“You will be a bad husband to me if you lie.” RiSeu assured him.

 

“Jaemin, sweetie! Dinner time! You don’t want to starve your guests’ right?” Mrs. Lee called out from the kitchen.

“Coming mom!” Jaemin shouted back and quickly ran from her mom’s room. Her friends were at home as they celebrate her 18th birthday.

She was about to go out when she bump into a box inside the table. Jaemin immediately sits down and pile up the scattered papers and pictures on the floor. As she gets them one by one she suddenly stopped on piece of paper that she didn’t intended to read at first.

 

Jaemin came down and it was all dark. Only the birthday candles were the source of light as of the moment. They were singing her a birthday song but rather than blowing the candles, she turns to Lu Han and hugs him tight.

“Sweetheart? What’s wrong?” Mrs. Lee asked as she came towards Jaemin.

“How come you didn’t tell me that I have a twin brother?” That was all she said as hot liquid came down from her eyes. “And for all these years, it was Lu Han?”

“H..how did you..” Her mom was speechless and looks at Lu Han and Jaemin. “Jaemin, sweetie..”

“Jaemin is m-m-my sister?” Lu Han asked as tears starts to form in his eyes.

“Thanks mom. This is the BEST BIRTHDAY GIFT EVER!” The birthday girl said sarcastically and stormed out from the Lee Residence.

 

“Will I be a bad wife to you if I confess I had a huge crush on Lu Han back then?” Jaemin asked as she dances with Minseok.

“I will be a bad husband if I won’t accept that fact.” Minseok grins at her lovely Mrs. Kim. Jaemin pouts. “Okay, I’m a liar if I won’t confess I was jealous.”

“Why will you be jealous? We don’t even have anything.” Jaemin said in defense.

“Still, you guys were too close. If I didn’t know by now that you two were siblings, I’m not sure if I have any guts on asking you to be my girlfriend.” Jaemin pouts again from the confession of her husband but a chance for Minseok to steal a kiss from the wife.

“HEY!”

“This kiss stealing is way better than doing aegyo for you to kiss me.” Minseok teases Jaemin.

‘But if I didn’t know about that tiny detail, maybe…just maybe, there’s a chance that we can be what we are now.’

___________________________

As said earlier, this was featured in a fanfic project,

Music and Lyrics

that my friends and I made. Want to read from other exo members? 

Just click the link above! :)

 

<3 missdauxian