Reset (V, You)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When you think about it, the most used terms are the short one-syllable words consisting of no more less than four letters. 

Ah Love, the word that makes every girl and every boy go gaga; the word in which the world goes round, as what other would say.

Then there's Hate, the opposite of love, but stronger and evidently more appealing (especially in soap operas) when used in the proper situations. 

What else? There's the word Stay as if meaning to let him explain; Late, as to the time you've waited for him; and then a personal favorite, Fate... who never fails to play with you as if life itself was a game meant to be played.

You were doing well: Having graduated with honors a couple of months ago and offered a job at an entertainment company as their newest composer. 

 

But you didn't think fate could be this cruel. So cruel that it was willing to bring up the past and let you get tangled up in it once again when all you've tried to do in the past two years was forget about it. 

Fate just had to play with you.


And as you stare up at the boy whose eyes you knew so well; all you could think of was this four-letter word:

Sh*t.

~~~
There was a time when he was known by one name only:

Kim Taehyung—

Not V… the handsome, y, 4D alien of the Hip hop group Bangtan Sonyeondan. He was your neighbor, your best friend, and the love of your life. At least, way back when he was just a simple boy dreaming to become big.

You still couldn’t understand how it all happened as you replayed the events of that night two years ago. Taehyung was always happy, always smiling, and has always been nice to you; so nice… to the point that you almost thought he reciprocated your feelings. But of course, you were just being delusional because he obviously didn’t. His words that night made it clear.

“I’m leaving.” He said as he gave you one his blank stares. It was a Saturday night and the two of you were standing in front of his house, which was right across from yours. Taehyung had been going back and forth from Seoul to Daegu, since he became a trainee at BigHit. You were happy for him, considering you knew that his dream ever since he was young was to become a singer and now he’s finally on the way there.

“You’re always leaving, Tae.” you joked.

“It’s for good, this time.”  

The words seemed to hit you like a slap and you tried not to react. You knew it was coming but it didn’t make it any less surprising. “Oh.” You frowned. When?”

“Tonight.” He said coolly. You were fidgeting with your shirt as you thought of what to say but words escaped you. Should you tell him how you feel? Should you confess?

Hearing a slight shift, you looked up to see Taehyung with a bored expression. It’s almost like he’s waiting for you to just say something so he can move on with his farewells. He crossed his arms and you realized how he’s been acting coldly towards you for the past few visits. Before, he wouldn’t stop talking whenever the two of you met. He told you about his practices, the new choreographies; the places he got to visit in Seoul. But now… he was just blank. And sometimes, he gave more than just blank stares but mixed with bore and annoyance, as well. He sighed heavily and you couldn’t take it anymore, “Is there something wrong?”

He shrugged, flicking his eyes to the right. “Yah,” you said as you gently tugged on his arm. “Kim Taehyung—“ he pulled his arm from your grip almost irritably and you bit your lip as you withdrew your hand. “What—“

“I just came to say goodbye.”

“Goodbye? What for?”

He rolled his eyes and you wanted to slap him for it, “Just be happy I even said goodbye before I left, Y/N.” He nodded towards your house. “Go home. It’s late.” He walked away and your mouth hung open slightly at his harsh words.

“Hey!” you yelled as you stomped towards him. “That was a little harsh, Tae. Was that really necessary? Why are you being like this—?”

“Because I’m sick of you!” he whirled, making you stumble back. His eyes looked angry and it scared you. “I’m sick of you, Y/N! Can’t you see that?!”

“What?” you mumbled. “I don’t understand. Why—“

“You can’t leave me alone, can you? You just have to bombard me with text messages all day!” he ranted. “You keep asking me questions like ‘are you coming back? When? What time? Have you eaten lunch yet?’ Seriously, Y/N.” he scoffed. “It’s suffocating.”

You gasped as the words left his mouth. You never knew he felt that way about you or saw your care for him that way. “I was just being a good friend, Tae.” You argued. “I just care—“

“Well stop it!” he spat and you widen your eyes, tears threatening to come out of your eyes. “It’s annoying. I don’t need you, Y/N. Give me some space, will you? You’re not even my girlfriend! You’re just a friend!”

Just a friend. The words echoed through your hollowed heart as it cracked, breaking into a million tiny pieces. “I know that, Taehyung.” You whispered as you tried to keep a straight face. You weren’t going to show how hurt you were, not after he said all those things to you.

“Then good.” He faked-smiled and the harshness of it was terrifying. “Glad we have that settled.” He walked away and shut the door, leaving you standing there on his front porch, hurt and broken.

~~~
2 years later

Happy.

That's the word you'd choose to describe your current state. It wasn't perfect but you were happy. You had a good job at a famous company; you get to do what you love everyday which is songwriting, and one of your colleagues who was the apple of the eye of every girl staff here was actually interested in you. What more can you ask for, right?

Wrong.

 

You could've asked for a different company to work in because as of the moment you were faced to faced with the one person you cursed for the past two years. You just had to bump (literally) into the one boy whom you tried so hard to forget. 

"Y/N?"

You cursed under your breath as you crouched down to pick up the song sheets you dropped; wishing you could make yourself disappear. He immediately crouched down to help you gather the papers. The two of you stood up at the same time as he handed the papers back. Taking it with shaking hands, you bowed. "Mianhe." Before walking past him. 

You haven't even exhaled when his hand closed around your arm, stopping you. "Y/N."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter