Chapter 2 (Edited)

Will You Remember?? ~ (Edited)

"Bloody Irritating punks!! You think it some kind of cafe for you’ll chat and gossiping aloud? This is a library for study and reading! Keep your noise down or get your out!!" loud voice boom the silence atmosphere.

 

The rumour about the terrified senior librarian is no joke and her temperamental scared most of the student who has violated the library rules. Each year new students were warned by the senior student about this and today I about to get to experience it first hand. She stood beside the table, giving mean aura as she glares at us. The both of us tremble and relentlessly apologises awhile other students could offer sympathetic looks including him who has witnessed the whole matter. Oh my God, how embarrassing is this... there goes his first impression on me. I feel like hit my head on the table now.

 

After the whole episode dies down, we continue with the research and gathering resources. The mobile phone vibration set off and my hand wandering around the table trying to grab it without looking up. Kwang Hee who was engross reading grabs my hand without his eyes leaving the book, and place on the mobile. Switching off the snooze button and pack my stuff to take my leave for work.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

The café located near the University and along the busy streets are shopping haven. It owned by a successful businessman who decided to venture into another field. He purchases 4 stories high building; the 3 level is designed for café and dine in, and the top level is the actual recording studio. Occasionally we do bump few famous artists and produces, having their meetings and recording here. Since the café is near the university, the students will religiously come to hang out, mealtimes or merely get takeout. I must admit the atmosphere here give that sense of privacy and comfy which you can really focus on meeting, study or personal conversations for hours.

 

These days the café is busy preparing decoration and promoting for  Halloween; introducing two seasonal drinks and pastries. I am really looking forward to these as this will be my first experience. Kwang Hee will lend his stage makeup and wig to complete the look. How embarrassing for me as a girl who barely owns any products.

 

After the change to the uniform, I walk out to cashier area and greet Taecyeon, who is busily entertaining the customer over the Take Order. Usually, if he is at the counter, that means either shortage of manpower or overwhelming crowds. It seems the place is packed with customers ever since the launched.

“Ya Haenim ah~~, get yourself useful and help out Jin hyung. He got 6 orders in hand, help him to brew coffee and shots.” Taecyeon calls out, he used his lips to point at Jin oppa who I saw was struggling to change the brewing unit.

 

I hurry over to assist him and quickly change the filter in the brewing. Once done, I headed over to the freezer and took out the cold steam pitcher, added milk and put the steam wand at the bottom of the pitcher to create the creamy foam. Then put the proper amount of ground espresso into the burr grinder to make it finest and that extra freshness. The aroma of the freshly ground espresso; smell delicious when poured into the coffee mug, really making me crave for a hot cup of mocha. I pour the milk gently on the espresso till it raises then wiggle the milk pitcher back and forth till forming a heart shape. To make a good cup of espresso is art with itself especially the foam topping patterns. Taecyeon demos it to me the first day of work with his facial expression shown full concentration. It took me a while to get up to his expectation and learning new foam topping.

 

“Haenim, help me to serve this order to the table 9,” Taecyeon instruct. “Aissshh, this Jin, he really got butterfingers.”

 

Not wanting to get involved with his madness, I hurry to place the orders on the tray and carry out. The table is near the high windows, located at the back of the café, oversees the patio. It is the cosiest place for a student who needs to have full concentration on a difficult topic. I could see two girls standing beside a man who seems to chat with him. From a look at it, both of the girls were handling something to him, and they look blushing? Oh! Must be a confession but… where did I see him before, his silhouette seems familiar… I really can’t put my finger on it until…

 

“Yong Hwa Oppa, hope you like that present.” One of the girls who passed the present to him, spoken.

 

‘Yong Hwa? Ah, no wonder he looks familiar’ not realising that I have said out loud. All three of them turn to me, and his eyes caught my eyes. I quickly apologise and place his order on the table and briskly walk away to the counter. How embarrassing to get caught by him again!