{Epilogue}

No Boys Allowed!

Daehyun fidgeted with the hem of his sleeve as he waited impatiently. Why was this taking so long? Is something wrong with Youngjae? Did he forget? Did he back out? A million thoughts were racing through Daehyun’s mind as he stood before nearly one-hundred of his friends and family. He glanced back at Yongguk, who flashed him an encouraging smile and Jongup added a thumbs up.

Daehyun calmed down, summing his paranoia up to his own nerves.

“Just be patient.” Yongguk leaned forward to whisper in his best friend’s ear.

Daehyun tried to take his friend’s advice, but could you blame him for being impatient when he’d already waited nine years for this? This was the day Daehyun had been waiting for since he met Youngjae; they were finally, finally, getting married. They’d been married once before; at a Chapel of Love in Vegas (it was halfway through their senior year and they’d gone back to America during the holidays. They ended up in Vegas with Elvis performing the ceremony and using their couple rings as wedding rings. When everyone back home found out they all told them they were crazy, but to this day they never regretted it.) but they wanted to do it properly this time. Everyone knew those marriages weren’t legit and the moment gay marriage was legal in Korea, they started planning their wedding. Though they lived in New York now, they wanted to have a traditional Korean marriage in Seoul; this is where they met, where they fell in love, where they broke up and where they gave themselves to each other completely. This is where their love story happened.

Daehyun was brought back to the then and now by the sound of an organ playing, signalling that his husband-to-be was about to enter. He quickly straightened up, adjusted his tie, smoothed his hair and tried to ignore his heart beating against his chest.

And then Youngjae entered the room and everything fell away and there was only Daehyun and the boy he loved. Youngjae tore his gaze away from his shoes and looked up at Daehyun, a light blush dusting his cheeks at the goofy smile on Daehyun’s face.

Youngjae took his place at the altar with Daehyun, Junhong and Himchan following behind him as his groomsmen.

“You are so beautiful.” Daehyun commented lovingly as he took in Youngjae’s navy blue suit and light brown hair that was styled to the side (most likely the work of Himchan) and the soft eyeliner that lined his lids (also probably thanks to Himchan). He took both of Youngjae’s hands in his own, holding onto them tightly.

The minister started the ceremony and with Youngjae standing before him with a shy yet giddy smile on his face, it took all Daehyun had not to kiss him before he was meant to.

When it came time for vows to be exchanged, Daehyun went first. He pulled a folded piece of paper from his pocket and clumsily unfolded it, making Youngjae giggle. The adorable sound made Daehyun internally coo.

“Youngjae,” he started, giving Youngjae’s hand a light squeeze. “When I first saw you I thought; who is this boy and how can I make him mine? Turns out, I only had to keep asking until you said yes. In one of the very first text messages I ever sent you, I called myself your future husband and you told me not to bet on it. I guess I won that bet, huh? And I’m so glad I did because Yoo soon-to-be-Jung Youngjae, you mean so much more to me than you could imagine. Before you, I was just a stupid kid but you helped me become a man that I could be proud of. I love you so much and I will keep loving you until infinity ends. I'm forever yours, Youngjae.”

With a small sniffle, Youngjae wiped away the tears that he had let spill. Daehyun gave him a soft smile and Youngjae’s tears flowed faster. He covered his face and let out a broken sob that he failed to hold in. Immediately, Daehyun’s arm came to wrap around him and pulled the younger into him. He whispered soothing words and sweet nothings into Youngjae’s ear until his tears ceased.

“Daehyun,” Youngjae began when it was his turn to say his vows. “From the moment we met, you knew exactly how to make the butterflies in my stomach fly. I know it was hard to love me, but I love you so much more for sticking through it. You have been my first and last everything and I couldn’t be happier with how my life with you has been. You mean more than the world to me. I don’t know what I’d do without you and I know that I’ll never find out because I'm going to spend the rest of my life being in love with you. I was then, I am now, I will continue to be; forever yours, Daehyun.”

Daehyun’s eyes were shining with a mix of tears and utter love. Forgetting for a brief moment exactly where they were, he leaned forward to claim Youngjae’s lips but a pair of dainty hands on his chest stopped him.

Youngjae blushed a deep scarlet.

“Not yet, pabo.” He whispered adoringly. With a small pout, Daehyun went back to his place at the altar.

Yongguk clapped Dae on the shoulder and everyone at the ceremony laughed, including the minister who then composed himself and swiftly carried on with the ceremony.

“Do you, Yoo Youngjae, take Jung Daehyun to be-”

“I do!” Youngjae all but squealed with a wide smile on his face as he bounced excitedly up and down on the heels of his feet.

“Okay,” the minister nodded, smiling. “Do you, Jung Daehyun-”

“Hell yes!” Daehyun exclaimed, pulling his hot fiancé-about-to-be-husband closer by the lapels of his suit.

“I now pronounce you hus-”

“Can I please just kiss him already?” Daehyun pleaded, unable to wait even another few seconds.

The minister sighed. “At this point, why not?”

Daehyun didn’t need to be told twice as he crashed his lips onto Youngjae’s. Daehyun couldn’t wait to spend eternity with this boy.

“Do you want to get outta here, Jae Jae?” Daehyun asked as they finished their cheesecake – it was Daehyun’s only request for the wedding planning that they have a cheesecake wedding cake and of course Youngjae agreed; anything to make his Daehyunnie happy.

“What? This is our reception; we can’t leave our own party!” Youngjae scolded.

“Yes we can~!” Dae argued with a pout and nuzzled his nose into Youngjae's neck. “We can start our honeymoon early,” he pecked his husband’s neck. “Maybe we can work on making that child we’ve been talking about having.”

Youngjae bit his lip. “But what if we’ve already made it?”

Daehyun gaped and then broke into a smile. “What? Youngjae do you mean you’re – are we having a baby?!”

Youngjae nodded, smiling. “I’ve known all week, but I wanted to surprise you. Are you happy?”

“Youngjae pabo, that’s not even a question!” Daehyun grabbed Youngjae’s face in his hands and kissed him with fervour. Standing up from the table, Daehyun pulled Youngjae up too. “We’re leaving now.”

“But Daehyun-”

“Youngjae, the only ‘but’ I'm concerned about right now is yours. I just married the love of my life and found out we’re having a baby so I want to celebrate by having so much mind-blowing, world-rocking, earth-shattering that you won’t be able to walk properly for a month.” He told him bluntly. Youngjae was too embarrassed to say anything. “Excuse me everyone! Youngjae and I will be leaving now. Thank you all for coming, enjoy the party and we’ll see you when we get back from our honeymoon!” Daehyun announced and dragged Youngjae away with him.

“Jung Daehyun, you are unbelievable sometimes.” Youngjae told him as they approached their car.

Gently, Daehyun pushed Youngjae against the cool metal. He reconnected their lips briefly.

“But you love me,” a smile played at the corners of his lips. “Jung Youngjae.”

X x X x X

Wow...it's really over...*cue existential crisis*

I made it to 300 subscribers!!!!!!! 301 even!!! ^_^

Please upvote if you liked the story, it would mean a lot to me!

Goodbye, it's been a pleasure my lovelies~ ♡♡♡