Chapter 2

Cold Warmth

            A week passed by since they first moved in the new apartment. Everything was already decorated; the house looked amazing. YunHee missed her old, rustic house, but the apartment was so modern and peaceful that she got used to it.

            Her mother had already started to work, and it seemed like she was really enjoying it. YunHee had found a job, too, in a popular coffee shop near Gangnam. The girl could not believe how lucky they both were finding such good jobs in the enormous capital that was Seoul.

            It was Monday morning. 7 a.m. YunHee woke up with the sound of her alarm clock and mentally prepared herself for what was coming. First day in a new school; she was scared. Besides judging people too much, she was a shy and introverted person. Making friends was definitely going to be a challenge.

            After taking a shower, washing her face and teeth putting on her school uniform, she sat on her beauty table brushing her hair, applying makeup in her neck- to hide some marks- and on her pale face. YunHee looked herself on the mirror when she was done. Black stockings covered her bruised legs, a grey cardigan doing the same with her arms. She felt uneasy watching her reflex; would people see through her and what she went through? Would they judge her? The girl sighed, remembering what her 13 year-old self said about teenagers when she started understanding the society around her.

‘The best way of describing teenagers is: a bunch of judgmental fools controlled by their hormones.’

Will they really be like that?”- she said under her breath.

           

                Arriving to the front gate of the school made YunHee stop. The girl stood immobilized watching the people entering the building. She felt like an intruder. Everyone made their way to the classrooms in groups, talking happily with each other.

            Sitting on the opposite side of the headmaster’s desk, the girl presented all the necessary documents to attend the school. The middle-aged man greeted her with a warm smile, handing her the map of the building, a diary and her timetable, and indicating her to follow him.

            He walked through the corridors followed by YunHee, until they stopped in front of a beige door. The man knocked the door, greeting the teacher inside the room.

“Mrs. Ahn, can you come here for a moment?”

“Of course, Mr. Nam. Is there something wrong?”- a woman in her 30’s said getting out of the room.

“We’ve got a new student. She just transferred from Ulsan. I was wondering if we could put her in this class.”

“Of course, principal. Can you tell me your name, please?”- she asked smiling at the girl.

“Y-YunHee. Choi YunHee.”

“Oh, I see you are shy. But we have to present you to your new class, shall we?”- the teacher said opening the beige door and entering the classroom, followed by the principal and YunHee.- “Well everyone. This is our new student, coming from Ulsan, YunHee.”- she announced, looking at the girl after doing so.

“H-Hello. Jeoneun Choi YunHee ieyo. Bangapseumnida.” (I’m Choi YunHee. It’s nice to meet you.). She said bowing. The teacher and her new classmates applauded.

“Now, you can go sit on the empty desk at the end of the room.”- the teacher said. YunHee bowed again and made her way to her sit.

“Treat your new classmate nicely and have a nice day.”- the headmaster finalized before leaving the classroom. The teacher bowed and returned to her sit.

“Let’s continue the class then. As I was saying, there is an uncountable number of cells that…”- Mrs. Ahn continued teaching about cells during the rest of the class. After about an hour the bell rang.

            Most of the class got out of the room. YunHee continued sitting on her desk organizing her things and preparing for the next class. She thought anyone would go talk to her, until she saw two legs standing next to her desk while she stooped to save her books on her bag.  

 


I can't believe how boring these chapters have been, sorry about that x( I finally decided to make this story with Minhyuk since I just saw him on "Love & Hate 2" and felt like writing a story with him xD He'll soon appear, so look forward for the next chapters :) 

School is about to start for me and I don't know if I will have time to post chapters that often, so yeah, I have to see how I'll manage my time.

Please comment, subscribe and stuff if you like this fanfic so far, and tell me if you have any ideas or found any mistakes on the story (My main language is not english, that's why).

 ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ