The Reason

Just Give Me A Reason
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m going to bed. Good night.”

               Luhan walked pass s who were still crowding the front door without a second glance. He didn’t even put his shoes properly, making the ever so tidy Kyungsoo let out a scolding that was left unheard by the elder male.

               “What was that?” Jongdae stopped trying to undo the knot of his shoelaces and decided to just took his shoes off. He put his shoes on top of one shelf when he saw Kyungsoo sending a glare to him as he moved to leave the shoe unattended. “What’s wrong with Luhan Hyung?”

               Kris, knowing he was the one Jongdae was asking, shrugged his shoulders in confusion. His elder lover has been ignoring him since their flight back to Seoul this morning. They were alright just the night before, going out for a shopping spree and ending up sleeping in a spooning position in the same bed in their shared hotel room. And suddenly, the morning after, where Kris woke up to Luhan closing his laptop in anger,  the smaller man started to ignore him. “I don’t know.”

               “Liar. What did you do to Lu-ge?” in a cold tone, Tao asked him. The frown in Tao’s face raised Kris anger. He really didn’t know what he did wrong, he was the one who was supposed to ask his lover what the heck went wrong, but the accusation Tao gave him was pissing him off.

               Realizing Kris’ anger, Sehun move to stand between Kris and Tao. He tugged Kris’ arm and start to pull him away from Tao. “Ignore him, Hyung. Tao’s just worried about Luhan Hyung.”

               “He’s a rude unmannered bastard, that kid.”

               “Hey~!” Sehun slapped Kris’ toned arm carefully, “that’s my title. Don’t just give it to someone else!”

               Kris looked blankly at Sehun, trying to understand what the kid meant, and laughed with him when he finally did. “Stupid maknae.”

               “Now that’s better,” Sheun helped Kris took off his coat and folded it in his arms. “Now go, and solve whatever Luhan’s problem is with you. Cheer him up.”

               Hearing Sehun say “Luhan’s problem is with you” instead of “your problem with Luhan” made Kris smile gratefully. Sehun knows Kris was not at the wrong. He knows the duizhang was probably confused as well, and this was just another case of Luhan with his unreasonable mood thing. Even when most people had a problem with Sehun’s careless and sometimes rude personality, Kris did not. In fact, he was one of the closest member to Kris, who understood how to cheer Kris or support him without overdoing it.

 

 

 “Lu?”

               Kris peeked inside the room Luhan shared with Baekhyun. He saw the lump on the bed with a football team sheet, and smiled knowingly seeing the position his lover was in. Luhan was curled onto his side, clutching his dear life on the plushie a fan gave to Kris. Carefully Kris entered the dark room, letting the room remain dark not wanting to wake his boyfriend. As he knelt beside Luhan’s bed, he felt a warm sensation ran through his whole body just at the sight. Luhan’s eyes are closed, breath even, lips pouting with a slight of frown on his eyebrow. Reaching out to smooth the frown, Kris gently swiped his finger on Luhan’s forehead.

               One thing Kris didn’t expect to see was the trail of tears on Luhan’s cheek. Luhan was not one to cry alone. Luhan is not a crybaby, he was strong and composed, but every time he did cry he cried in front of Kris. There was never a time where Luhan ran to anybody else but Kris to cry – not even his family. That what makes Kris loves him more. That he trusted Kris, only Kris, to see his tears. And Luhan stated to Kris once, that he never liked crying alone. It doesn’t make him feel better, so Kris better be there whenever Luhan needed to cry.

               “What’s wrong, Xiao Lu? What did I do?” he gently whispers, fingers tracing Luhan’s soft cheek. Now that he realized how angry Luhan must be at him that he even kept himself from running to Kris and cry, Kris thought about what Tao said. Maybe he really did something wrong. Maybe he was at fault.

               It was a long time of silence before Kris pulled his hand abruptly as Luhan started to move. A The older let out a whimper, blinked a few tmes cutely before slowly opening his eyes.

               “Kris?” his small voice sounded so weak and crushed that all Kris wanted to do was to wrap his arms around Luhan and tell him everything’s okay. But things are not, and Kris had to find out why.

               “Luhan. Sleep well, baby?”

               Kris eased himself, relaxing the tension he felt through the core of his body and gently raised himself to sit on the edge of the bed. He’s still upset at Luhan’s behavior, but it’s not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter