VIII: Under My Skin

TIMELESS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaerin stay with Dara in the hotel for the night, her two roommates making a teasing noise when she tell them she will be sleeping on different place until Tuesday. She cannot stop her face from being blushing red, but she have no intention of doing things further with her teacher. Because once she is surrender, everything will be ruin, and she do not want to be the reason someone is hurt. Especially when that someone is very nice with her.

Not to add more pressure, Jiyong text her a message and ask her to take a good care of his wife. They got a huge fight before Dara went to Busan, he do not understand what is happening with his wife. But Dara just change and being indifferent all the time, she cannot help it by saying 'I don't know' couple of times. 

Saying; 'Yeah dude, your wife is fall in love with me and so am I.' Does not seems a very good idea, and she do not like the sound of it either.

"What?"

"Oppa text me. He's worried about you."

"Oh, he didn't text me."

"He said both of you had a fight. Is it true? Why?"

"I told you before, you took my soul with you. How am I suppose to live without someone who take my soul away?"

"Oh." Chaerin still holding her glass of water, she is afraid to sleep next to her teacher.

"You go sleep in the couch Chae. I've a big ulterior motive when you sleep next to me." Dara tell Chaerin without turning her body away, she already call the room service to have an extra blanket.

"Okay."

They cannot sleep, all night long. They can hear each other heavy breathing from one of another, the sounds of the air conditior is cannot compare to the sound of their heart beat. They both cursing theirself that cannot control their own heart beat or the breathing sound.

"Oh, it seems both of you can't sleep?" Sungwoo tease the two females in front of him the next morning.

"No, it is just a new place." Chaerin and Dara make a reasoning.

It is the truth, they do not sleep together in my bed and definitely not having any extra skinship last night. They just cannot sleep. That is all.

Today schedule is about meeting for the Italy art Gallery, which is located in Venice, Italy. Sungwoo and Paola currently need someone who can be the curator at their art gallery and the artist itself, because both of them would not be staying at Italy all the time. Since Paola is active at MOMA in New York, and Sungwoo will be back and forth from Los Angeles to Busan for the next five years.

A curator  is a manager or overseer. Traditionally, a curator or keeper is a content specialist responsible for an institution's collections and involved with the interpretation of heritage material. The object of a traditional curator's concern necessarily involves tangible objects of some sort, whether it be artwork, collectibles, historic items or scientific collections. At this modern era, a few type of curator is emerging, such as curator of digital data collection or a person who do the selection, preservation, maintenance, collection and archiving of digital assets. Regarding Dara's expertise, Paola find an amusing way for her point of view when she talk with Dara yesterday, the woman she meet yesterday have a different point of view from any other curator she ever meet.

Dara do not only read the history of the art itself, she can feel the story behind every of the paintings she saw, she feel every emotions behind every touch of the sculpture she observe and she can also telling what kind of person behind every literature that she read, makes her also a genius. The way she look at Chaerin's talent and the way she sharpen, direct Chaerin to develop her raw talent is different than any teacher she ever met.

"Does it include with the in love part?" Paola whispering on Dara's ear.

"No, it just happen and please let's skip that part. Continue." Paola can see the woman she have been talk to is having a blushing red face and try to compose herself in front of them.

Sungwoo also surprise when Dara mention that she already have her Master Degree of Arts, a cute and beautiful woman like Dara, with a small built and her innocent face, make it hard to believe that she have the brain of master of art. When hearing that, Chaerin only staring Dara with an awe expression, there is always a reason why professor Kyubin always fancy Sandara Park and treat her special as a treasure in their university.

"We will give Chaerin a scholarship at Accademia di Belle Arti at Venezia, she will take her step course in the academy of the fine arts. And I want you to be her tutor, her private tutor. While you'll be working in our gallery, of course not only a salary but we'll give both of you a part of the shares. 5% for each of you, as long as both of you agree to work and develop our gallery, we need your skills." Paola explaining to Chaerin and Dara.

"Accademia di Belle Arti? I can't speak Italian, I only speak English, Japanese and French." Chaerin explain to Paola, it is because she has been living overseas because of her father and when he is broke, he is missing with all the money left in the money, resulting in making her mother gone missing also.

"Even more impressive, you both will have a teacher to teach you have to speak Italian. Especially for you Chaerin, six month before the semester start. You'll learn how to speak Italian, and develop your skill with your teacher here." Paola saying h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter