First Chance

This Is A Chance
Please log in to read the full chapter

First of all, I wrote this years ago so the ages here won't match with Chinen's real age.

The story will be narrated by Hasegawa Reita.

 

 

 

 

Another school day, sigh~ However, without school, I wouldn’t have met her. Kuromiya Ayumi, one of the prettiest and laziest girls in my class, though she doesn’t like being praised as a pretty girl. Seriously, I will tell her about my feelings once I gather enough confidence. Before that happens, I will be by her side, always.

 

I heard from some girl, whose voice I recognize, who yelled behind me, “Wait up, Hasegawa!” I turned to see that she was already next to me. She was unusually early today.

 

“You’re not running late today. Did someone finally turn on their alarm clock last night?” I always like this. Yes, she’s one of the tardy classmates I have.

 

“I would have been earlier today if someone answered their phone before eating breakfast!” Is she blaming me? Anyhow, she’ll only call when she asks for which class she should sleep in or if her stomach ache excuse is no longer believable because she uses it every time we have a quiz.

 

“Hey, you know that I am a very busy person. Not only am I busy as a student, but also as a fellow who does his job as a son perfectly.” I can’t hide the fact that I need to be the son my parents want me to be.

 

“We all know that you are the perfect guy. Enough of that, what are we going to do on your birthday?” Ayumi asked me after she was bored about what we were just talking about. My birthday is coming soon; then again I don’t know what I will do that day.

 

Without any real reason, I answered her, “I will leave it as a day when I turn a year older.” We arrived at our school’s gate.

 

She immediately left me after saying, “Suit yourself, old man!”

 

‘I, Hasegawa Reita, should…’ Nahh, that’s too uncool. ‘Ayumi, we have been friends for a while and I kind of have feelings for you.’ Is confessing really that hard? It’s not like it’s a crime to confess.

 

Before I knew it, someone had brushed their shoulders against mine. My mind went back to reality when the guy started speaking, “You need to stop daydreaming while walking in the hallway.”

 

Chinen Yuri, a close friend of mine. His family and mine are both big in the society. He’s from another class but we somehow get along well. And we’ve been friends since we were kids so he can easily tell what is on my mind.

 

“Chinen, is there something you want?” I asked, totally skipping the day dreaming part. This guy was shorter than me, but sure has the qualities most of the girls in our school like.

 

“I just wanted to tell you personally that I may not attend your birthday party. My family planned a road trip to some place unknown to me and my sister, but if they cancel it, I’ll make sure to come.” He told me with an apologetic look and then a smile. I understand that he has to make time for his family.

 

“That’s okay, being an heir to your family’s business and nearing the right age to succeed it must be tough on you.” Come to think of it, this must be my first birthday party that he will miss.

 

“Okay, I need to go. I need to handle some school projects with my classmates.” Chinen quickly left me.

 

After Chinen’s exit, Ayumi came to me and said, “If you don’t want to get scolded by our teacher, you better run back to the classroom. She’s frustrated that you were supposed to have a short potty break, instead you’re nearly skipping her class.” Ayumi looks serious this time. But I’m sure I heard the bell rang before I went outside to do some business inside the men’s room. I doubted her at first, but she may be telling the truth. So I ran back to my classroom, only to find that no one was in there and that they all were outside the school building ready to leave.

 

“SCORE!” I heard Ayumi happily screaming from behind, “I don’t know why you always fall for that. However,

Please log in to read the full chapter