Chapter 01

What Is Love

► Han Estate

On the day of her sixteenth birthday, she started having concerns about the harsh weather conditions. "Omma," Jin Ae replies, "the weather out there is really harsh, are you sure they will make it?" "My daughter, don't worry so much," her mother replies, "they will make it for sure." Jin Ae stares at the living room window and the blizzard was getting worse, 'Please...' Jin Ae thought, 'please come soon, I miss you, Jongin...' "Are you concerned?" her father asks, taking a seat on a chair. "Yeah, I don't know how they will get here on time." Jin Ae replied. Her father smiles and replied, "I'm sure they'll be here, don't worry too much about it." Jin Ae gets a closer look at the window, the snow started to get a little gentle, she walks to the kitchen to eat something warm since the weather was really harsh.

Within one hour, the door opens and Jongin was there, dusting off the snow from his jacket. "How's the weather conditions?" asks Jin Ae's mother. "Really harsh," he explains, "where is she?" "She's coming!" Jongin's father shouts. Jin Ae was in a white strapless dress, she carefully walks down the stairs to greet the people she hasn't seen within two years. "She's even more beautiful than before." his mother replies as she's looking at Jin Ae. "I know," her mother replies, "she's a beauty now." Once Jin Ae was at the last step of the stairs, she takes her last step and sits down on the chair. "Here, these are for you." Jongin replies, pulling out a rose and lily flower bouquet. "Thank you," Jin Ae replies, "they're pretty." 

After the party celebration, Jin Ae was ready to move in with her in laws and her fiancé. "Omma, please take care." Jin Ae said, zipping her jacket. "Can you please take care of her?" Jin Ae's mother asks, wiping her tears. "We will," Jongin's mother replies, "she's in good hands with us." "Be good to them," her father replies, "and please don't let her get injured." When Jin Ae was taken to the Kim Estate, she was emotional since she was away from her parents.

►Kim Estate

"I'm going to show you the room," Jongin replies, "right after a couple months, we'll have to share one bed together." "Okay then...." She replies, fixing her scarf, "will I be staying home while you're at work?" Jongin nods at her, she enters the warm mansion and takes off her shoes. "Noona, your sister-in-law is here." Jongin shouts. "Um...she's probably busy," Jin Ae replies, "she doesn't have to meet me right now."  Jin Ae takes off her coat and lets the maid take her jacket, she follows Jongin upstairs and her room was on the right. "Here's your room." Jongin replied.

*Jin Ae's room)

"My mother wanted you to feel comfortable here," he explains, "so that's why she kinda copied the design of your room." "I like it," she replies, "it makes me feel like home." All of her luggage was placed in the closet, there was new clothing in the drawers and the closets. "Um...What about my old clothes?" Jin Ae asks. "Those will be in your luggage," Jongin explains, "your old clothing will be sent back to your parents." She opens the closet, there were some dresses and other casual clothing. "My mother bought too many dresses," he explains, "I guess she just wants you to be a princess." 

After showing the room, Jin Ae stayed in her room for most of the time. She hugs the stuffed bunny that was sitting on the step of her bed. 'I am going to be married soon,' she thought, 'I have to help my family business at a young age.' Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, which made Jin Ae come back to her senses. "Please come in." She replies placing the bunny back on the step. Jongin enters the room, "Lunch is ready," he explains, "my mother wanted me to tell you." "Oh, yes I'll be coming," She replies, "I will be there in three minutes." 

During lunch, everyone was in their seats, waiting for Jin Ae. She comes into the dining room and takes a seat next to Jongin. "Everyone, this is Han Jin Ae, daughter of the Han family." Jongin's mother explained. "No wonder why she looked so familiar," Jongin's sister exclaims, "we haven't seen you since you were fourteen." "To be honest, I still look like I'm fourteen." Jin Ae explains. "Let's eat our food, it's going to be cold." Jongin's mother replies, picking up the chopsticks. "What's for lunch?" Jongin asks. "Hot pot and hot chocolate." His mother explained. "Should we put in the meat in the hot pot?" Jin Ae asks, using her chopsticks to pick up a piece of meat. "Go ahead," Jongin's mother replies, " it's alright, you are a member of this household now." Jin Ae slowly places the beef inside the hot pot, she places another one inside the boiling pot. Twenty minutes later, all of the meat and the vegetables were ready, everyone started eating until they were done with everything. "Jin Ae and Jongin are excused." his mother replies, wiping with a cloth. Jin Ae bows to her mother-in-law and goes upstairs to her bedroom. 

The rest of the evening, Jin Ae never intended to exit her bedroom, she stayed in there for most of the day. "Can I come inside?" Jongin asks, knocking on the door. Jin Ae hurries to her bedroom door and unlocks it. "Yes? Do you want something?" she asks, opening the door. Jongin enters the bedroom, looking around the room, "Seems like you've been in here all day," he replies, "why is that?" "Well...I still don't feel like I'm in the family." Jin Ae honestly said. "Maybe because you're not quite used to the surroundings," Jongin explains, "I forgot to let you have a tour around the room." Jin Ae follows Jongin out of her bedroom, she follows him to the left and was in front of the door. "This is my bedroom," Jongin replies, "you can enter my bedroom." Jin Ae hesitates to open the door, she grabs the handle of the door and opens it. 

*Jongin's bedroom*

"I've never seen a room like this before," she replies, "it looks like a luxury hotel room." Jongin laughs a little, but he leads her into the room. "Go ahead, you can sit on the couch." he said. He turns on the plasma televison and lets Jin Ae sit on the white chairs. "Um....I don't want to be a burden," she replies, "I don't know if I shall sit here or not." "It's fine, I'm not a clean-freak." Jongin explains, throwing some pillows on the couch. She takes a seat on one of the white chairs, while Jongin takes her hand and kisses the back of her hand. "I just wanna be with you," he replies, "don't leave me alone." Just before Jongin was about to give Jin Ae a kiss, the door had a knock. "Enter!" he yells. "Young master," the butler replies, "please don't raise your voice in this household." "Well..what do you need?" Jongin asks, harshly. "Your mother needs to talk with you and the new young mistress." the butler explains, closing the door.

They both head downstairs to the living room together and Jin Ae sits on the couch and Jongin takes a seat next to her. "What is it, mother?" he asks. "I want Jin Ae to sleep with you tonight," she replies, "and, I want her to give you an heir before the wedding." "A-An heir?" Jin asks asks without hesitation. "I promise mother," he replies, "I will give her an heir." "That's all," she replies, "you both can go to the room." Jin Ae hurries to Jongin's room and sits on the couch, she looks at her stomach and thinks about it. 'Is this a dream?' she thought, "an heir for the family!?' "Are you okay?" Jongin asks, "you're pale." "Can I sleep alone in my room tonight," she asks, "it's by sixteenth birthday and I want to do whatever I want." "Okay, but tomorrow, I want you to sleep with me." Jongin said. Before Jin Ae opens the door, Jongin pulls her by the arm with a jerk and gives her a back hug. "W-What are you doing?" Jin Ae asks, "I want to go back to my room." "I understand that," Jongin replies, "I will you to your room." "Okay." she replies. 

Jongin brings out his arm, she takes a hold of his arm and was escorted by him. "From now on, you are my princess consort," he replies, "I want you to be with me, always." "Oh!" Jin Ae exclaims. Jongin kissed her neck, she opened her eyes wide in surprise. Jongin moves his hand to her waist, and escorted her into the bedroom. "Your touch is gentle, but can you be less forceful on your touch?" Jin Ae asks. "I can't, pretty much, I'm unrestrained." he explains. Jin Ae goes to her walk-in closet to change into her night gown, she exits the closet and sits on the bed. "I will stay here until you sleep." he said, holding her hand. She nods at him, like she already trusted him. Jin Ae lies down on the bed and Jongin brings a chair and sits beside her. After ten minutes, Jin Ae closed her eyes and fell asleep. Jongin carefully slides his hands out of her hand and leaves the room.

The next morning, Jin Ae wakes up from her long sleep, she tries to get up, but her wrists were tied to the bedside. "What the...?" she asks.