Tae Il: Sunbae 4

Block B Love Stories

     "Is your sister dating Ki Kwang now or something?" Ji Hoon asked Min Hyuk, it was no secret that for the past weeks Tofu and Ki Kwang were inseparable,  but no one knew if they were dating.

     "I don't think so, they might be. She said she was going to give him a chance so I'm not sure," Min Hyuk said, he couldn't care less about who his sister was  or what she was doing. His job was to make sure she was healthy and eating, not manage her affairs.

     Tae Il never spoke to her after that day though, he knew his friend wasn't lying about her, but he never got to tell her what he wanted to say. His plan that day was to tell her that he liked her too, but she didn't want to hear it. He found her confusing because before one say she'd hate him and the next she'd like him, but now it was all Ki Kwang.


     "Oppa! I told you I was having a friend over," she complained when she opened the door greeted by six loud boys.

     "Yeah I know," he said pushing her out of the ways so his friends could come in, "Ji Hoon ah, go to the kitchen with Tae Il and my sister to get the food."

     "If you knew then why'd you invite all your friends?"

     "This is my house too, who cares anyways. You and Ki Kwang are going to be locked up in your room anyways, now go with Ji Hoon and Tae Il to get food." Min Hyuk gave her a light push and she dragged herself to the kitchen with the two boys following.

     "Over there are the drinks and the food is on the counter," she mummbled while lazily moving to sit at a stool. "Ki Kwang Oppa's here!" She suddenly squealed when her phone lit up, she got up and ran toward the door to meet with Ki Kwang and she felt happiness fill her body.

     "Since when did she start calling him 'oppa'?" Tae Il unknowingly thought aloud, "A month ago she hated the guy and I was the one who bailed her out."

     "Don't you watch dramas? The guy the girl hates is the one who gets her. To the Beautiful You, You're Beautiful, Boys Over Flowers, Playful Kiss, The Heirs. The girl always hates the guy at first and the nice guy is stuck as the friend, not your case obviously" Ji Hoon told him receiving an odd glare in reply, "What? I watch them with my sister."

     "Hey Pyo Ji Hoon, this is real life. Not some drama with Lee Min Ho."

     "I'm just saying," Ji Hoon sang.


     "Ki Kwang Oppa why won't you answer my calls or texts anymore? It's really bothersome that you won't even say good morning to me. I'm your girlfriend and I really like you, why won't you answer me anymore?" Tofu was embarrassing herself in the cafeteria by yelling at Ki Kwang. She couldn't help it though, the couple had only been dating for a month and he had already begun ignoring her. "Do you like someone else now? Why won't you talk to me anymore? Oppa," she whined, everyone's attention was on them and she was on the brink of tears.

     "Bad enough it's at home and now I have to hear it at school," Min Hyuk, who was sitting at the table beside Ki Kwang, said in annoyed tone, "Don't you get it? This is his way of breaking up with you."

     "Oppa! Stop getting into my bussiness," she shouted hitting her brother. "Ki Kwang Oppa don't you still like me? If you do then why don't you answer me anymore."

     "Yaish! I'm trying to save you here, the guy is dumping you. Just break up so everyone came finish their lunch," her brother told her again, "Lee Ki Kwang, hurry up and dump her."

     "I only dated you because I thought you were hot and now you're really annoying, let's just end it, okay?" That was how she was brutally dumped in front of the majority of the school. That was how the majority of the school saw her burst to tears and run out of the cafeteria.

     "Shouldn't you go say something to your sister?" Ji Ho asked Min Hyuk wondering how a brother could treat his younger sister like that.

     "No, I told her not to date Ki Kwang. I'd rather have her date on of you than him. It's not my fault, if you are all so concerned then you go out and comfort her," Min Hyuk told them while heartlessly eatin his lunch, they all exchanged looks before Tae Il decided to go after her, he thought of this as a chance to sweep her off her feet. Tae Il found her crying her eyes out by the field, he was hesitant to approach her but knew it was now or ever, he softly said her name to get her attention and she slowly brought her head up to face him.

     "What?" She groaned not wanting to face him ever again, she did pretty well considering he was one of her brother's best friend.

     "Ki Kwang's a real huh?" He said sitting next to her trying to make her feel better.

     "What, did he take your ity too?"

     "What?" He shouted shocked at the confession she made.

     "I'm kidding, the only thing he took was my first kiss. I'm a well raised girl."

     "Aha, well I'd like to finish the conversation I last had to you."

     "Look I wasn't trying to to be mean, but at least wear socks in my hose if you aren't going to wash your feet. Also if it isn't much, leave your shoes outside too. I really wasn't trying to be mean or rude, but I just couldn't stay silent."

     "No not that, but I wash my feet now... Kind of.. Look remember that day when I came to talk to you after school and you were waiting for Ki Kwang. It was a few days after he cog eased to you."

     "Oh, that one..."

     "Yeah. I never got to finish what I wanted to say, what I had planned to tell was that I like you too and if you were up to it then maybe we could start dating. Slowly of course."

     "I've been single for five minutes. Give me three days at least. I don't want people to think I'm a ."

     "Three days? I can do three days. Does this mean you like me again?"

   "Maybe, but you know I just kind of got dumped so I could use alone time."


    "Oppa, why are you being so mean to Tae Il Sunbae today, you're always so mean to me and the boys I like," she complained, "If you weren't my oppa I'd already have you kicked out!"

     "Then who'd walk you Tofu," he replied in a mockingly tone, "You're so stupid, you're not even pretty."

     "Shut up, just get ready before I decide to have someone like Jae Hyo come with me instead." From the moment she woke up she was supposed to have a perfect day, but it was far from. "You're just cranky because you're on your man period," she muttered.

     "Stop fighting now, Min Hyuk, your dongsaeng went through too much already today and she doesn't need to have you being crankier than usual. Now make up and get ready to go out," their mother said butting in. The two forced each other to barely hug before they were ready to look like loving siblings. Their mother left to join the rest of the crowd before the music started playing and they were walking down the aisle. They finally made it to the end where all eyes were on her and she took a deep breath before beginning.

     "Tae Il Sunbae was a name I called you a long time ago and Tofu Hoobae was something you called me. I remember when you old me you liked me and I told you to wait, but I ended up rejecting you. After that we had a normal Sunbae to Hoobae relationship, and turned us into best friends. Then one day last year you had just said, 'Tofu yah, let's get married.' I was shocked and a bit happy with your reasoning. First love. When I was a tiny ninth grader Tae Il Sunbae was my first love and when I was 27 years old Tae Il Oppa was my best friend and the love of my life. Tae Il Oppa, you're stuck with Tofu forever."