Chapter 2

The Story Of Nam Sookyung

A few weeks had past since Sookyung left the hospital and was able to return home with her parents. Due to what happened to her, her parents both decided to take her out of school so she could be home-schooled instead but it was mostly so they could look after her as they were afraid of her getting picked on or hurt for a second time. They felt that keeping her home was the best thing to do.

Yes, her friends from her class visited her as much as they could.. Well they did until that one day. That one day when she was in such a bad state that she ended up throwing a massive fit. She would cry and scream and when people came over to her, trying to hug or calm her down she would push, thrash and hit them. That day she lost all of her friends. All but one. The one that stayed by Sookyungs side was Park Hyomin and although the two were already close, they grew even closer since Hyomin visited the Nam residence everyday after school. 

Sookyung's parents began to notice that the only time Sookyung would even attempt to talk or when she would smile was when she was with Hyomin. They were thankful that their daughter had such a good friend. They were happy that Sumin had someone she could talk to and be herself around. All they wanted was for their daughter to be happy again. 

The more the two spent time together, the more Hyomin was able to convince Sookyung to go outside for a few hours almost everyday. The places they went the most was the park where they could play on the swings, go for a walk in the park or sit in the grass to have a picnic together. Sometimes Hyomin would let Sumin help make food with her in any way she could manage. It made Sumin happy and she didn't feel useless. She could help with food. She felt like she could do anything with Hyomin around. 

( quick authors note here. This bit was just like, explaining their friendship, I guess heh. )

 

-

 

Hyomin turned up at my house and although I can't see, I knew that she was smiling. She knocked on my door with that pretty smile on her pretty face and my mum answered it. WHen she saw Hyomin, she beamed. "Oh! Hyomin!" I could hear her saying with her usual cheery voice. My mum always put on a rather.. cheerful voice when people came over or when she answered the phone

"Hello, Mrs Nam." Hyomin replied with a smile on her lips as my mum opened the door more, signalling for Hyomin to walk inside our house and as usual, she got the hint and walked right on in.
"Sookyung's in her room as usual." I heard my mother say to my friend.

Hyomin nodded her head with that same smile on her lips and walked up the stairs to my bedroom. She didn't even knock before entering but I didn't care. I was so use to her forwardness and anyway, she practically lived here so it wasn't all that bad. I didn't say anything as she made her way to my bed and sat beside me because I was too busy trying to teach myself how to read Braile. If you don't know what Braille is, it's what blind people use to read. It's sort of like..bumpy letters. They feel them with their fingers and that's how they read. 

I felt Hyomin turning to face me on the bed so I turned back to face her and smiled slightly.

"Can I learn it too? You know.. In case for whatever reason we get seperated.. We could like, write letters to eachother and stuff." 

Even though I didn't like it when she said "get seperated", I forced a smile onto my lips and nodded my head in reply. I didn't attempt to speak because well.. I found it hard and very uncomfortable. I knew Hyomin didn't mind though. I know that she wants me to learn how to speak properly again in my own time. She and no one else wants to rush me.

 

After a few hours of learning Braile togeher, Hyomin suddenly turned to face me again and I could tell she was smiling that big smile of hers.

"Hey, Sookyung.. Let's take a break from all of this and just go outside for some fresh air, okay?"

I turned my head as if to look at her and nodded. I was beyond tired and I wanted to go outside anyways but because I could hardly walk in a staight line and didn't know if I'd walk into something, I didn't go. I mean, don't get me wrong. I don't want a walking stick and I sure as hell am not getting a guide dog. I'm pretty independant and just refused. I want to be as normal as possible no matter what and Hyomin helped me.

I knew that I was getting better and better at walking on my own as the days past since my accident happened and it was all thanks to Hyomin because well, she's the reason I'm getting better at it. I wouldn't be able to cope if it wasn't for her.

The two of us made our way out of my house and with Hyomins help I made my way to the car, She didn't need to help me with getting into the car or putting on my seatbelt so she closed the door after me and walked around to her side of the car, getting in and putting on her own belt before starting up the car and pulling out of my driveway before driving towards the destination she was taking us to. 
Once we arrived, she smiled and turned to face me for like.. the 100th time that day.

"So.. We're at a small field that I dound not too long ago. We haven't been here together before and I wanted to take you here."

As usual, I just nodded my head with a small smile on my lips before we both got out of the car. I stood there, waiting until Hyomin walked to me, linking our arms together and began to lead us both into the long grass of the field and up the hill to the big tree; when we arrived to to the tree, we both sat down and leaned against it's shaft and just talked for hours about nothing in particular. When I was with Hyomin, I was happy. I spoke more than I did to anyone else and I could tell that it made her happy. She was happy that I was making progress in my speech even if I refused to talk unless we were completly alone.

After looking around for a small while, Hyomin spotted a small bunny and she instantly got an idea. She looked over at me and smiled brightly as if I could see her.

"Hey, Sookyung?" 

"y..yy..yeah?" 

"wait here okay? I'll be right back so don't move."

"mm..mm..mm..ooo..oo..okay. I w-will.."

I knew that Hyomin was smiling as she pecked my cheek and it made me smile too. I could hear her getting up and walking away from me. After awhile of waiting for her to come back, I heard her sitting down beside me again. 

"I'm back"

"h..hhh..hello."

I felt her leaning over and setting something small and soft in my arms, making me hold onto it as if to keep it from running. I heard her laugh softly when she must have noticed the confusion crossing my face.

"I caught a little bunny!" She said with a smile. I blinked before smiling too and slowly ran my hand along the bunnies furr.

"Wh..what c-coolor iiis sshe?"

"He is white~" 

I smiled even more as I began to picture the little white fluffball in my mind and hugged it to my chest. I was glad that I could at least still picture things in my memory.. Even if my memory of what they looked like weren't as good as it once was.. I mean.. Atleast I can still see them in my minds eyes, right?

After a long day of running around the field with Hyomin, She took my hand and lead my back to the car and took me home. Once we arrived at my house, she hugged me and I hugged her back before going upstairs. She too was about to leave until my parents quietly called her back into the house, making sure that I couldn't hear them but.. Well.. I could. 

I waited until all three of them walked into the livingroom and closed the door before I slowly made my way back down the stairs and stood by the door; listening to whatever it was they were talking about.

 

Authors POV.

 

Hyomin was seated in the Nam's livingroom drinking tea. She felt like she was about to get into trouble or something. She was just sitting there all awkward as Sookyungs parents sat across from her. After an awkard silence, Hyomin decided to break the awkward silence.
She looked at Sookyungs parents and took a deep breath.

"...soo.." She began, looking at them.

Sookyungs mother smiled slightly, "We called you back in here to tell you something rather important, Hyomin," She started.

Sookyungs father decided to continue with what his wife was saying. "It's something concerning Sookyung." After a few more awkward moments, Sookyungs parents didn't know what to say next and exchanged nervous looks with eachother. 
After awhile, Mrs Nam decided to continue. 

"We're going to be moving to America.."

Hyomin was about to onject, to do anything to convince them not to but Mr. Nam cut in before she had a chance to.

"Sookyung.. She.. She doesn't know about this yet and we would like to be the ones to tell her. We aren't going to be leaving yet.. Maybe in like a month since our work is here and will be moving us within that short timespan. We're telling you this now because we wish for you to be there when we tell Sookyung and we would love for you to come visit us when you're off school for your summer holidays if that would be okay with you and your family, of course."

Hyomin didn't reply. She couldn't reply because well.. It was simple. She was lost of words. She didn't know what to say.

But what the three in the livingroom didn't know was that Sookyung was still lingering in the hallway. She was listening to them and she had heard everything and to be honest.. She wasn't happy. She was crying. 

 

 

 

--

 

A/N

 

OKAAAAY SO I KNOW THIS CHAPTER ISN'T ALL THAT GOOD BUT LIKE, I'VE PLANNED OUT A FEW CHAPTERS HAHAHAH So ye.

Thank you for reading. Thank you to those who commented and thank you to those who subscribe &/or upvoted. ;;;; <3