Chapter 1

Hurricane with a Chance of Kyungsoo

 

 

 

 

   

 

 

He sighs for the umpteenth time as he looks and curses the sky...


Well, if you could really see the sky seeing that a summer storm had hit Korea and the skies are probably covered with big gray nimbus clouds...

 

 

 It could also be that he is currently stuck inside a four-walled closet of-he sniffed- toilet cleaning supplies. But he is not going to the technicalities right now. Right now he was supposed to get something of utmost importance. Or, as “utmost important” as it could be for his housemate, Baekhyun, that he felt the need to order Jongin to go and get it for him albeit putting the younger’s safety on the line.

______________________________________________

 

“Toilet paper...” Jongin repeated.

 

“Toilet paper" Baekhyun deadpanned.

 

“Sooo,” he drawled. “You want me to go out this instant... with the hurricane currently raging outside...splattering our windows with big fat droplets of rain... swishing the wind chimes outside the door to oblivion and oh look, has also managed to destroy the swing set you recently installed in the backyard just minutes after its landfall.”

 

“Mm-hm.”

 

Jongin crossed an arm with the other fisted in his chin.“ And considering all of what I’ve just said, I have nothing but a rundown pick-up truck  that runs under 50 miles per hour and a record of at least 20 troubleshoots more than the times you can even successfully fine-tune the thing...as my only means of transportation. ” he said more as a fact rather than a question.

 

“Yep.”

 

“All for the sake of...?”

 

“A toilet paper, yes.”

 

Which you could have rolls and rolls of if you didn’t freakin forget to buy yesterday when we were stocking up for today. But Jongin knew it was useless to even point that out to his neglectful hyung. He scrubbed a hand on his face, trying to reign in his frustration.

 

Catching the action on his peripheral vision, Baekhyun faced him, a scoff on his face. “Yah yah, Kim Jongin. You don’t have to go and make that face if doing a simple thing as buying one-one- roll of snot-cleaning, poop-swiping, all-purpose paper is too much for you.” he said hitting Jongin continuously with a rolled up newspaper as the other tried to dodge it.

 

“Given the five level warning the weather forecast announced, the hurricane could last at least 3 to 4 days and if I should ever felt the need to go,” hit “I  think letting me hold it out for that long is" hit "rude” hit” and” hit “insanitary. Bowel problems and me are no no, capiche?” Baekhyun ended with a grimace, newspaper roll in mid-air.

 

Jongin gritted, rubbing exasperatedly the arm his hyung attacked. Like he could(is allowed to) ever say no to Byun Baekhyun who asks as if it's too much trouble but doesn’t take no for an answer. No. I do mind. No.I’m still busy. He recalls and mentally nods in agreement. Yep. All end up with him still doing errands for the older. That’s why he didn’t bother hide his protest nor try to be a good Samaritan earlier when Baekhyun asked him a solid.

 

With a grunt, he walked out of the kitchen. Baekhyun  followed Jongin to the living room as the latter  fished for his jean jacket slung in the sofa and took the car keys from the glass table near the door. He was shrugging his jacket on when a loud consecutive thud thud succeded by a loud crash came from outside. Both male looked at each other. Baekhyun scrunched his face in dismay knowing that was the flower vase his boyfriend, Chanyeol, made for him that was the casualty. Jongin pulled the door open for confirmation.

 

"Ah." He starts, looking down at the tiny pieces that used to be a pot. His hyung frowned like his heart had been shattered into million pieces..on the patio floor, apparently. He rolled his eyes at the sight.

 

He could care less at the poorly made display. It occured to him that this may be a suicide mission he wouldn't survive.He clears his throat."This would be on your conscience hyung",and to make a point, widened the door to reveal just how strong the hurricane is escalating to be. Baekhyun gave his younger's behind a good whack and ushered him hurriedly outside. "Just get the damn toilet paper, Jongin." With that he slammed the door in finality on his face.

 

The lords must hate him so much though.

 

Forty very bumpy,wet, windy, car ride later, he arrived at the market only to find it closed.

 

It took him a good two minutes as he reread the notice plastered on the hypermarket's big- door before the thought of him dodging fallen trees and braving the thunderstorms-lightning cracking the sky followed by a loud thunder laying command to the vast grey blanket(", it's not even safe to go out on a normal storm," he snarled as he held steering wheel for dear life and tried to gas the car in the hopes that it will go faster. Crap. Jesus take the wheels...)- to get here was all in vain.

 

He swept the empty parking lot with a look. With the exception of that mangled blue umbrella slowly scraping away on the cement, there was no sign of life anywhere. It looked like he really was the only person who was stupid enough to go out and yield to his hyung's order when he damn knew doing so meant putting one foot already in heaven. Resting his back on the car seat covered with chapped leather, Jongin allowed himself a little self-pity party at his miserable situation. Of course the store would decide to close early. It was helter-skelter outside. They know safety unlike Baekhyun who doesn't have the word in his vocabulary.