Girl [Himdae]

Sugar, Spices, and Everything nice

Himchan has spent more effort to make himself look extra chisel today. They are welcoming another lead vocalist to the group as a last minute addition to their 5 people group, and Himchan is ready to intimidate whatever naive kid coming to the company just for the fun of it. Himchan can be a prankster at time, and he definitely in the mood today for some scaring, although Yongguk said he looks like a ridiculously overgrown 10 years old when he does that. 

Himchan isn't fazed. Yongguk can look like a hobo in his worse time. 

They'll be meeting him around 10 in the practice room, and Himchan has some free time until they all get a glimpse of the new kid. The soon to be B.A.P members are all well dressed. Youngjae is sitting in the corner, listening to music, while Jongup is chatting happily to the youngest boy, Junhong, or Zelo. Albeit being 6 years younger than the oldest, Junhong is quickly catching up with Yongguk in term of height , who is the tallest of them, and Himchan fears he might be towering them pretty soon. 

He's lazily scrolling through his iPod when the need to go release comes to him. Himchan quickly excuse himself out of the room, with Yongguk yelling at him to hurry because the boy would be here in any minute now. 

The new boy can wait. 


Himchan comes back 10 minutes after 10, a little embarrassed because who the hell get lost in the building you spend several years training in. But Himchan does have some not so bright moments when the gears of his brain aren't working, and this is one of them. 

He is walking toward the practice room when his ears pickup a voice he has never heard before. Someone is singing Secret sunbaenim's Starlight Moonlight in a rather high pitch voice, and Himchan finds himself scratching his head and wonders who might that wonderful voice belonged to.

He doesn't have to wait long because moment later, his eyes land on a petite figure standing in the middle of the room, singing her heart out. She has short crop hair, and a pair of big doe eyes. But it is her lips that caught his attention the most. They are plump and red and thick and they just seem to move sensually to every word flowing out of that pretty mouth. Himchan notices she has a boyish charm to her, cutting her hair short and wearing very baggy male clothes that she seems to swim in, but she's still a very pretty girl nonetheless. 

Himchan wonders who she is, because aren't  they supposed to be meeting a boy. 

The song ends, and everyone claps, cheering her name. 

"Daehyun. So that's her name." Himchan thinks. 

That's when Yongguk notices him and says. "Hey Himchan. You missed the song. Hurry up and come here." 

Himchan rolls his eyes and walks forward, standing next to Yongguk. 

"Who's that?" He asks his friend, and Yongguk smiles, wrapping an arm around the small girl's shoulders and pulls her closer to them. Himchan almost had a heart attack because when did Yongguk become so daring. He literally stutters at any living being that is female. 

Himchan looks at the other, and up close, she's even prettier. Her face is small and her eyes are big, giving her a very youthful and innocent look. The outfit needs to go but other than that, she's pretty on Himchan's book. 

"Himchan. This is Daehyun, the new addition to our group," Yongguk grins, clapping her back. 

"It's nice to meet you, Himchan hyung," the other flashes a smile at him, white pearly teeth that almost causes him to go blind. She's even prettier when she smi-

- wait

Hyung? 

"Woa. I thought we're adding another BOY," Himchan turns a questioning glance toward Yongguk, who lifts his eyebrows. 

"He's a boy." 

Himchan looks back and forth between his best friend and the other BOY, unsure if he is kidding or not. 

"He's a boy?"

"He's a boy, Himchan," Yongguk deadpans. 

"You're lying."

"Nope."

"Don't lie."

Yongguk rolls his eyes. "I'm not. Check for yourself. Sorry Daehyun." Yongguk grabs Himchan's hand and put them on the smaller male's chest. 

The younger one blushes when Himchan's hand immediately fumbles around. 

"It's... flat." 

"Of course it's flat. He's a boy. Or do you wanna see his birth certificate." 

Himchan almost faint, while the rest of the boys are already rolling on the floor laughing. 

There couldn't be a worse way to leave first impression. 

 


"Himchan said the first time he saw Daehyun he thought he was a girl because he could sing girl songs and high pitches." 
(Cr: 端的 on Weibo | Chinese to English Trans: @ProtectBAPSGG)