Missing the Chance

I'm Here To Love You

 

 

                Daehyun had just taken a shower when he saw his roommate lying on his bed after he got out of the bathroom. The younger boy was tightly hugging his pillow with a smile on his face, his eyes followed every movement Daehyun made.

               “Why are you on my bed again?” Daehyun asked while drying his hair using a towel. He had already put on his pajamas in the bathroom since he had started to feel self-conscious after his first intimate time with his roommate.

               “It’s warm...” Zelo sighed, snuggling more into the pillow.

               Daehyun clicked his tongue at the irrational reason. “You don’t even shower yet.”

               “I’ve showered before dinner and I’m fine with that.”

               Daehyun scoffed. He put away his towel and got ready to sleep. But instead of heading straight to his bed, he just stood in between their beds. “Are you going to stay there till morning or...?” He placed his hands on his hips as he raised his brows at the younger boy.

                “Of course,” Zelo answered nonchalantly. “Come, I save a spot for you,” He patted the narrow unoccupied space beside him.

                Daehyun rolled his eyes before turning around and dropped himself on Zelo’s bed. “No, thank you. As you can see there’s a free bed here. So I’ll just gladly sleep here tonight,” His lips were forced into an annoyed smile.

                Zelo could only listen to what Daehyun got to say while propping his head on his elbow. Just as he was about to protest, the other boy had already lied down on the bed, giving the small back to him. He groaned internally in disappointment though his mind had started plotting plan B.

               But then the older boy suddenly got up. Zelo eyed him intently as Daehyun rounded the bed. His roommate still wore that sulky expression with pouting lips and furrowed eyebrows. And Daehyun was clearly approaching him.

                Zelo saw a spark of hope for a moment. His heart began thumping faster but it wasn’t long as Daehyun’s intention was only to take his blanket. His bed didn’t have any since he didn’t need one to sleep compared to his roommate.

                “Are you really going to sleep there, hyung?” Zelo asked once Daehyun had settled in his bed again.

                Daehyun hummed in response, pulling the blanket up to his chin.

                “Where’s my ‘good night’?”

                “Yeah, yeah. Good night,” Daehyun said halfheartedly.

                Zelo frowned at the unsatisfying treatment from his beloved roommate. What’s the point if they were still sleeping separately when they really liked each other? So he slowly got off the bed before going to switch off the light. Then as he wanted to return to Daehyun’s bed, his body was quick to change path. He went to his bed instead and dove under Daehyun’s blanket.

                Daehyun gasped at the intrusion. He tried to turn around but Zelo was fast to lock his long arms around his waist. “What’re you doing?”

                “I just wanna sleep with you,” Zelo whined like a spoiled kid, nuzzling his nose in the crook of Daehyun’s neck and rewarded himself with the intoxicating scent.

                Daehyun’s heart eventually softened. His hand slid over Zelo’s large one on his stomach. His back was warm against Zelo’s body. It was ridiculously more comfortable than sleeping alone with one, two or three blankets. It felt like they were perfectly fit for each other.

                Maybe he should let Zelo sleep with him tonight? Even though the same thing kept happening for the past few days and usually, it didn’t end very well.

                Little by little, Zelo subtly tightened his hold on the smaller body. His lips and the tip of his nose kept brushing the smooth skin of Daehyun’s neck. Daehyun shut his eyes in irritation. Of course this would happen. It happened every night since the night he allowed Zelo to touch his body in that way. But that was just because the boy was . And it was because of him. So it was legit his responsibility to make him release, right?

                However, right now, he was really not in the mood for it. If they would be doing it tonight, it would be five days in a row. Was Zelo having the of his raging hormones at only sixteen years of age?

                As Daehyun was swept with his thought, Zelo was progressing quickly by starting to kiss Daehyun’s beautiful tan skin, from the back of his neck, under his ear to his collarbone. Daehyun tried so hard not to give any response at first even though his skin was tingling under Zelo’s gentle touch, gnawing on his lips in order to prevent any inappropriate sound coming out from his mouth.

               But all his sanity flew away when Zelo began to use his tongue.

               “There you go again!” Daehyun snapped, shifting a bit to the side so that he could turn around to glower at the younger boy. “This is why I don’t want to sleep together! You’ll always get like this!”

                Zelo smirked when Daehyun finally responded to his teasing. That was what he aimed for after all. He pushed himself up before trapping the scowling boy with his hands at either side of Daehyun’s head. “How can I not when someone like you is lying next to me?”

                Daehyun’s eyes were large as he stared at the boy hovering over him. His cheeks were flushed with deep shade of red under Zelo’s piercing gaze. Zelo’s scornful smile was pulled wider before he suddenly pounced on the latter.

               Daehyun gasped when his lips were attacked in an eager kiss. Zelo used the chance to slip his tongue into Daehyun’s mouth, tasting every corner of the sweet cavern. It made Daehyun felt like Zelo was going to eat him alive.

                He released a shuddered breath as Zelo began to move down his jaw to his throat. “Stop it…” He whimpered.

                Zelo stopped savouring the warm flesh and had their eyes in the same level again. Their noses were touching with each other, their lips brushing slightly as he whispered. “Come on, hyung. Don’t be like this…”

                Daehyun gulped at Zelo’s deep voice. “I told you… I’m not ready…” He breathed out. His words were not matching with his hands that were slowly roaming over Zelo’s firm torso.

               “We don’t have to go that far…”

               When Daehyun didn’t have any return to that, Zelo took it as the green light. He captured Daehyun’s plush lips again, this time receiving the same pleasure from the other side. He knew Daehyun had finally submitted to him when the older boy circled his arms around his neck, starting to feel the thirst to touch the other body.

                At this point, Zelo didn’t think he would feel anything like this with someone else. He couldn’t help it but to blurt into Daehyun’s mouth. “I love you.”

 

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

 

               “So he doesn’t penetrate you yet?” Youngjae asked in surprise after Daehyun told him about his current relationship status.

               “Shhh!!!” Daehyun tapped his lips with his pointer finger as he were blushing a deep shade of red. Good thing everyone in the class was given a task to discuss with their partners about their lessons by the teacher. His classmates were loudly talking to each other and the teacher was busy marking papers at her table that they didn’t hear Youngjae’s exclamation or else, the whole school would know that he was still a .

                “Don’t say it aloud!” Daehyun warned in a whisper though he knew it was his own fault to bring up that topic in the first place when he was supposed to be discussing with Youngjae about their task.

                Youngjae realized his mistake, quickly covering his mouth while taking a look around. When he’s sure there wasn’t any weird stares directing towards him, he scooted closer to his deskmate before whispering. “But why?”

               “I told him I’m not ready,” Daehyun retorted shyly, moreover when he was talking to a friend with much more experience in this matter.

               “When will you be ready?”

               “I don’t know,” Daehyun pouted as he thought about it. “I just thought if the persons want to have , they must really love each other.”

               Looking at Daehyun’s genuine face when he said that, the thing that crossed Youngjae’s mind was ; ‘Some purely innocent friend I have…’. Although he found it ridiculous, he really wished that everyone else would think like Daehyun.

                Youngjae sighed with a thin smile because a certain someone came to his mind. “So you don’t really love him?” He asked.

                The blush spread to Daehyun’s ears. He casted down his gaze at his paperwork while playing with his pen. “I do, I really do…” He admitted under his breath. “But I never tell him.”

                Youngjae snorted at his lovesick friend. “Did he tell you already?”

                Daehyun slowly nodded his head.

                Youngjae clicked his tongue, shaking his head in disbelief. “Poor Zelo. You should really tell him how you feel about him.”

                Daehyun started to feel anxious when Youngjae said it in that way. He frowned in guilt at his best friend like he was the one at fault for not telling his roommate about his true feelings. “I know. I just want to do it right, in the right timing,” He explained.

                “What’s this timing thing?” Youngjae arched up an eyebrow in wonder. “When did he tell you that he loves you?”

                Daehyun cleared his throat. Blood rushed up to his cheeks again as he averted his gaze at somewhere else. “You know…” He shrugged, faked a cough and fixed his glasses. “During the…”

                Youngjae gasped, finally getting the clue. “Okay that’s so unfair.”

                “I know right,” Daehyun huffed.

                Their conversation was paused for a moment when the teacher decided to make a round in the classroom. They were quick to switch their mode, looking like they have been trying to complete their task during the past half an hour. When the teacher passed their tables, Daehyun started to talk out of the topic again.

                “What’s up with you right now?”

                “What? Yongguk hyung?” Youngjae asked in return but continued talking without waiting for Daehyun’s confirmation since he already knew who did Daehyun meant. “I don’t know but he seemed to be in his own world right now. We don’t for ages,” He replied nonchalantly.

                It was Daehyun’s plan to talk regularly about Yongguk. He had told Youngjae about Yongguk’s apology towards him and he thought Yongguk was slowly changing back to his old self. Maybe that childhood friend of his should be given a second chance. He tried as much as he could to get Youngjae and Yongguk together again because seeing Youngjae happy really made him happy too.

                But then he couldn’t really do anything when Yongguk himself wasn’t doing anything. “Maybe he needs some time to get his mind straight,” Daehyun said.

               Youngjae shrugged his shoulders. “Yeah, probably.”

 

 

 

               The class concluded the school hours for that day. Daehyun and Youngjae kept on talking about this and that while packing their things and exiting the classroom. As usual, Zelo was already waiting outside. He was leaning against the wall next to the door, listening to his favourite songs with his earphones until Daehyun would pat his shoulder.

               “Did you wait for long?” Daehyun asked after Zelo pulled out his earphones and turned to him.

               Youngjae just rolled his eyes at the frequent question. He saw this scene almost everyday when Zelo finished his class before Daehyun because if Daehyun finished earlier, he would totally ditch him to pick the younger boy at the first year’s class.

               “Nope. I just got here,” Zelo smiled, casually taking Daehyun’s backpack and hung the strap on his shoulder.

               No, Daehyun didn’t make Zelo his slave although the boy was becoming more and more unruly nowadays. Zelo started doing something like a boyfriend would do that one day, saying that he couldn’t bear seeing the love of his life carrying all the burden on his small body. He even helped Daehyun carried the food trays after he paid for both of them.

               Daehyun did protest. He was a guy too and of course he didn’t like to be treated like a girl. But then Zelo said that he was not treating him like a girl; he was treating him like a lover. Daehyun swore his legs malfunctioned that time, he had to grab Zelo’s collar to prevent himself from falling onto the ground. And Zelo misinterpreted his act. Good thing they were in their room because his lips were attacked and ravished by the boy until his soul left his body. Daehyun did not protest again after that.

                “Ah… You’re so lucky to have a boyfriend like him,” Youngjae said sarcastically, crossing his arms as if he was very dissatisfied with it.

                Daehyun blushed when he failed to catch the hint in Youngjae’s tone. His shoulders were consequently wrapped with a long arm. “Well, thank you,” Zelo sneered as he pulled Daehyun closer to his side, causing Youngjae’s eyes to twitch in irritation.

                “Let’s have dinner together,” Daehyun asked his best friend.

                Zelo vigorously shook his head behind his shorter roommate with a serious frown on his face. Youngjae narrowed his eyes at the boy, thinking that Zelo was getting back at him for what he had done back then when Yongguk asked Daehyun to hang out with them.

                Zelo noticed his conscious expression and sent him a smirk. Youngjae scoffed, rolling his eyes away from the tall boy.

                Of course, Daehyun was confused seeing Youngjae making weird faces. He turned around to his roommate. Zelo was quick to look at somewhere else and pretend nothing happened.

                “I’m sorry, Daehyun, but I’m not in the mood for dinner right now,” Youngjae said and Daehyun turned back to him.

                “Are you sure?” Daehyun asked in concern.

                “Yeah,” Youngjae nodded before walking away from them. “See ya,” He waved with a smile.

                Daehyun waved Youngjae back, not sure if he liked it or not when his best friend left him alone with his loved one. He turned towards the said boy. Zelo was already gazing down at him with a broad smile plastered on his face.

                “I guess it’s you and me again this evening,” Zelo wiggled his eyebrows.

                Daehyun wanted to be annoyed at the younger but a shy laugh escaped his lips instead. Zelo’s hold around his shoulder was tight as they walked to the cafeteria and his arm slowly s around Zelo’s waist. It felt so nice and though he felt wrong to say this, somehow he was thankful that Youngjae didn’t join them.

 

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

 

                Once Daehyun came to his sense, he jolted up in his bed. He barely had any recollection of the things that happened last night so he lifted his blanket and sighed in relief when his boxers was still intact. He remembered that Zelo was touching him all over the place again last night but he was too sleepy to give any response. He ended up falling asleep just like that.

                Turning his head to the side, he saw his roommate was still sleeping soundly. The guilty feeling slowly grew inside after knowing that he ignored Zelo’s need for him last night. Maybe he should make it up later.

                Daehyun patted Zelo’s arm to wake him up. Zelo whined as he turned to lie on his back. Seeing Zelo’s face scrunched up in a frown, Daehyun unknowingly blushed. He suddenly felt like they were really a couple. He was one of them that would wake his boyfriend up because he wanted to go to the bathroom but he couldn’t walk after their activity last night.

                Daehyun’s face heated up at his own thought that his head almost exploded. He covered his face, shaking his head vigorously before diving into his pillow, still shaking his head like he wanted it off his body. And since the pillow was shared with the other person, it rocked Zelo’s head violently, disturbing the boy’s pleasant sleep.

                “Aish… What are you doing, hyung?” Zelo whined, glaring at his older roommate with squinted eyes.

                Daehyun gasped, sitting up on the bed again. “I… I…” He stammered, trying to gather this thought. “I’m waking you up! You have a paper today, right?”

                Zelo groaned when he was reminded that the final exam would start today for the first year. He reached out for his phone on the nightstand to look at the clock. “There are two more hours…” He placed the phone back onto its original place and wrapped himself with Daehyun’s blanket.

                “Yah! You need to get ready!” Daehyun pulled the blanket down again. “Go wash yourself and we’ll have breakfast together. It’s final exam for goodness sake,” He nagged while trying to push his giant roommate off the bed.

                Zelo reluctantly got off the warm bed, dragging his feet to the bathroom. It was not like he lacked of sleep. But when he was and the person he needed fell dead asleep, of course he had to settle his problem by himself in the bathroom. It was really easy before but after they started to help each other , it was so hard for him to release without Daehyun’s touch that he almost cried in the bathroom. So after a good hour, he was completely drained and passed out once he plopped down on the bed.

                As Daehyun had said, they went to the cafeteria to have breakfast together. The older boy kept asking him if he was ready and if he remembered everything he had studied before. But the only responses he gave were short and nonchalant.

                “Are you mad at me?” Daehyun asked after they started eating at a table.

                Zelo looked up at Daehyun without lifting his head, making him look scary with the menacing stare. “You think?”

                Daehyun gulped. “I- I know I was wrong… I’m sorry… I don’t want it to bother you when you’re sitting for a paper today…”

                “Nah, it won’t. I’m indeed angry but there’s nothing I could do when you’re too sleepy to do anything,” Zelo shrugged it off and continued digging in his meal.

                Daehyun pouted, frustrated with himself. If only he could hold his eyes for five minutes longer, Zelo wouldn’t be so bitter towards him right now. He really wanted to make up for his mistake so after they were done eating, Daehyun pulled Zelo into the space behind the stairs.

                “What is it? I need to get going by now,” Zelo wondered.

                Daehyun bit his lips, cheeks growing redder and redder. The cute sight captured Zelo’s attention that he unconsciously stared at Daehyun’s flushed face. That’s when Daehyun pushed himself onto his toes to kiss his younger roommate.

                Zelo’s eyes were wide as he tried to comprehend what just happened. His eyes didn’t blink when they couldn’t focus on anything. Those soft lips that had touched his made his mind to be in daze.

                “Good… Good luck…” Daehyun said shyly before hastily walking away from there.

                Zelo’s lips were slowly stretched into a huge grin. His fingers traced his lips because the feeling of Daehyun’s fleeting kiss was still lingering there. He felt so happy right now maybe he could even get a hundred percent in his paper today.

 

 

 

                The same thing repeated over and over again for the rest of the exam weeks. Zelo had lessened his desire for Daehyun’s touch every night since he wanted his roommate to have enough energy to answer the exam questions. They would have breakfast with each other every morning, sometimes just the two of them, sometimes with Youngjae, Himchan and Jongup. And after that, they would secretly go under the stairs again, only to give each other good luck wish and kisses.

                Today was the last paper for Daehyun while Zelo had finished the exams the day before. They were hiding behind the stairs as usual before Daehyun would leave for his exam. The older boy was pinned to the wall while his younger roommate was passionately kissing him. Zelo had his hand against the wall and the other holding onto Daehyun’s arm.

                Daehyun tilted his head with his eyes closed as Zelo deepened their kiss. His grip on Zelo’s shirt became tighter and tighter when the boy prodded his tongue into his mouth. He almost moaned in pleasure if Zelo didn’t pull apart, causing him to open his eyes.

                “I love you, hyung,” Zelo breathed out, gazing gently into his Daehyun’s orbs.

                Daehyun was flustered. It made him blushed madly every time Zelo said those three words but this time, they were not on the bed. His heart was pounding, his mind was working a way to make him say the same thing to Zelo. He really loved the boy standing in front of him right now but why was it so hard to admit it? It was true that he would cringe every time he thought about saying those three words to someone else but eventually, he realized that those simple words could send him to cloud nine. And he wanted Zelo to feel it too.

                “This is your last chance, hyung,” Zelo uttered. Daehyun’s eyes widened in surprise. Did the younger know what he was thinking?

                “You’re sitting for the last paper today so it is your last chance to decide your grade,” Zelo added.

                “Ah…” Daehyun nodded his head slowly, relieved to know that Zelo wasn’t talking about his zero reply after a love confession was being consciously said straight at his face.

                “Do your best,” Zelo pecked Daehyun’s lips one more time before turning the older boy and softly pushing his back, urging Daehyun to leave for the exam. Daehyun stumbled a few steps ahead but he turned back around to see the younger again.

                “Fighting!” Zelo pumped his fist and Daehyun smiled.

                “Fighting!” Daehyun copied Zelo’s act and finally walked away from there.

 

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

 

                Two hours later, Daehyun could release a sigh of relief at last. He already had a plan to laze around in his room for the rest of the day since the bus going to his hometown was scheduled tomorrow. He had packed most of his stuff and he would finish everything by tonight.

                Youngjae parted from him as soon as they got out of the exam hall. He needed to ride his bus this evening so he quickly said his goodbye and rushed to his room to pack his things. That had left Daehyun walking alone to the dorm.

                He didn't know if the third years had any paper to sit today but he noticed Yongguk was coming in his direction in the school uniform. They made an eye contact and the older boy fastened his steps. Daehyun stopped walking when Yongguk reached him, standing before each other in the uncrowded hallway.

                “I need to talk to you,” Yongguk spoke up.

                Daehyun arched up an eyebrow. “About what?”

                Yongguk fixed the bag strap on his shoulder and heaved a deep breath. “I’ve been thinking…for a long time, since our relationship changed, and everything was not the same as before. I realized that it happened since Zelo came…”

                Daehyun’s brow wrinkled at the mention of Zelo’s name. But he chose not to interrupt when the latter seemed to be engrossed in his speech.

                “You know that I don’t always like him, I, myself don’t even know why. But then you started to get close to that junior and created a distance between us. We fought more often and actually, it really hurt,” Yongguk gnawed on his lips, dropping his gaze to the ground.

                Daehyun was not sure about Yongguk’s real intention because as far as he remembered, his childhood friend had already asked for his forgiveness the other day. So he just waited until Yongguk looked up at him again.

                “I tried to ignore the pain at first but it wouldn’t go away when I kept thinking about you. I distracted myself, I used Youngjae more frequently, but the thought of you wouldn’t leave my mind,” Yongguk looked like he was pouring everything from the bottom of his heart and Daeyun could slowly connect them in his mind. He could almost see what was coming next and he wished it wouldn’t happen.

                “So I gave up. And it made me realized,” Yongguk continued as he gazed deeply into Daehyun’s eyes. “I love you.”

                Daehyun felt like he was hit by a brick wall. This was not something he expected, not after everything that happened. Although this moment was anything he ever wished for since he was still a kid, he didn’t feel even slightly happy. Had he completely erased Yongguk’s name in his heart?

                It’s funny, how the feelings we kept for a person for years could change just like that, only because the other person had grabbed the chance and used it wisely. Zelo followed what his heart told him to do and he didn’t waste any time to confess his feelings. While Yongguk, he missed the chance and ended up being too late to receive the love he deserved for years before.

                And Daehyun didn’t want to be like that. He wanted Zelo to know that he loved him too because Zelo was the one and only person in his heart now. He wanted Zelo’s heart all to himself, make Zelo his and only his before it was too late.

                Daehyun slowly shook his head to the anticipating Yongguk, causing the older’s lips to turn down. “I’m sorry, hyung,” He apologized sincerely because he knew how much it would hurt. “But I have someone else in my heart right now…” He said as his face slowly lit up at the thought of that certain boy.

                Yongguk was quite stunned though he had braced himself for rejection. He could really guessed the one who owned Daehyun’s heart and he knew that person deserved Daehyun more than he did. “So you really love someone else… I could have guessed,” He smiled genuinely.

                “Yeah, I do…” Daehyun too was having a broad smile on his face. “I love him. I love Zelo!” He exclaimed and began to run along the hallway, leaving Yongguk shaking his head in amusement. He needed to tell the boy right now. He couldn’t contain his feelings anymore.

                Daehyun didn’t stop his fast steps until he reached the dorm. He rushed up the stairs and dashed to his bedroom. He would shout his love towards Zelo, hug him and kiss him the way Zelo had always did to him.

                Daehyun unlocked the door to his room and prepared himself for his true confession. He kept the big smile on his face as he pushed the door open. “Zelo, I lo-”

                His sentence was cut off when he didn’t see his roommate anywhere in the room. Not even his things. Everything was cleared; Zelo’s bed, Zelo’s table, Zelo’s wardrobe. Nothing was left. It felt like Zelo was never there.

                Daehyun’s heart shattered into pieces. Was he too late? Did he miss the chance? Did Zelo leave him because he didn’t receive any love from him in return?

                Daehyun couldn’t hold his tears, his legs were getting wobbly. He dragged himself into the room and had another look around, afraid if his eyes were lying to him. He was about to pull out his phone in order to contact Zelo when he saw a note on his table. But that note only made him cried harder as he fell onto his knees after reading it.

 

‘Wait for me to come back and wish for us to get another chance in the future :)’

 

 

 

(。◕‿◕。)ノ

 

 

 


 

A/N :

I'm really sorry to say this but next chapter is the LAST chapter T^T

Thank you to all upvoters, subscribers, readers and comments! ♥♥♥