Recalling

Between the Sky 하늘 사이로

 

“Did you see someone else there? I mean, at the time you helped noona.”

Seungyoon still did not look that happy to get that question from Jinhwan. He was seating on his seat earlier and decided not to order any meals. She knew he had not had lunch since he was with her all the time in the office today, but she did not know the reason why he did not want to have lunch now with her and Jinhwan. Is it that because he’s annoyed? She thought. But he had agreed to help me.

She glanced at Seungyoon. She needed to hear his answer as well. All this time, she was curious to know the answer, but she didn’t dare to ask.

Seungyoon’s answer was

“I didn’t see anybody.”

What?

“Are you serious?” Jinhwan raised an eyebrow. He had finished his lunch and now he had his note book and pen on the table.

“Of course I’m serious.” Seungyoon replied, annoyed. “Why should I lie to you?” Seungyoon was really annoying, even to people he barely knew. Well, this was really his behaviour. He was easy to get annoyed.

“But...” Jinhwan massaged his temple. “But I think you must have seen the person who pushed, noona.”

Seungyoon snorted. “I told you I didn’t.” he replied. “That’s why I thought I should not be here.” He looked annoyed.

“Okay, okay. That’s fine.” Jinhwan looked puzzled. He looked down at his note book. “You brought noona to hospital, you walking down the stairs?” He asked, ignoring Seungyoon’s annoying tone. “You met anybody there?”

“Yes.” Seungyoon answered. “I met some people in second floor. Seems like they’re the company staff, but just not the staff of Nam Taehyun’s event. They asked me what happened to her.” He glanced annoyingly at her. She just blinked to see his action.

Jinhwan nodded, and wrote something on his notebook. “So, the culprit moved very fast, didn’t he?” He mumbled.

“W-what do you m-mean?” she asked Jinhwan.

“You’re right, noona. The CCTV got sabotaged.” Jinhwan said. “Of course it’s weird since why should it get sabotaged anyway? I’ve been told all the cameras were repaired earlier of the week. Song Yoonhyung told me nothing was wrong with the CCTV. All the cameras were being repaired earlier of the week, so they would have been working normally until later. But the strange thing was only camera in third floor broken, and something’s fishier that it was only broken at the time you fell to the stairs.

“Someone must try to cover something up.” He looked up at her and Seungyoon. “Seungyoon ssi didn’t see anybody at that time. We can’t assume nobody was there, but we need to think how he hid from there.”

That person hid?

“The CCTV camera showed the stairs at 11.16am, it was the time when you left the hall, noona, and suddenly it changed to 11.20am, it showed when Kang Seungyoon ssi walking down the stairs.” Jinhwan glanced at Seungyoon.

“The c-culprit only broke t-the CCTV only for 4 minutes?” she asked.

“That was enough time to escape and hide, but it also meant he could not hide far from the location.”

W-what?

“I’ve checked the other CCTV, and they worked normally, but they showed no one left the building at that time.” Jinhwan explained. “And no one left the third floor as well. I’ve checked the CCTV near elevator.”

Really?

“There was a chance that he was hiding, and I think that he was one of the people in the hall, so…”

“He went back to the hall?”

“Yes.”

What?

“Well, since there was no evidence, we can’t find the culprit. Even so, it’s still mysterious.” Jinhwan said. “I’ve checked the other CCTV, also the CCTV of the entrance of the company before the event started. There were no people looked so fishy. The reporters, staffs, Taehyun’s fans, and some other employees of the company. Nothing’s suspicious.” He added. “I also saw you and Taehyun coming, noona. Nothing’s suspicious.”

“Do you think…” she didn’t want to think this way, but she was really curious since the beginning,”do you think one of Taehyun’s fans could do this to me?” After those words escaped , Seungyoon glared at her. He must think I like to accuse anybody. She just gave the look ‘what’ to him. He just sighed and ignored her stare. Well.

Jinhwan raised an eyebrow. “Do you have any problem with Taehyun’s fans?” Jinhwan must find this point interesting. She didn’t give him any names that could be the possible culprit. She really didn’t know who did this to her.

“Well, yeah, no. But they somehow don’t like me. I can’t explain it to you.” She let out a heavy sigh. This problem would get complicated if she told about the fake calls to Jinhwan. Well, this problem was already complicated.

“There’s no evidence they’ve done that to you.” Jinhwan said. “We can’t say they did if we don’t have any evidence with us.”

“You’re right.” She sighed. The important thing was the evidence. “So, we can’t find the culprit?” she said, slightly disappointed.

“There’s always a way, noona. Don’t worry.” Jinhwan smiled at her. “I haven’t checked the list of the guests of that day, and I haven’t met the security team. Song Yoonhyung said the three of the employees work tomorrow. And…” he looked a bit hesitated. “…I haven’t called the culprit. He keeps his phone turn off. I cannot track him.

“I’m not sure how to say this, but, I really wait until he contacts noona again.”

But I don’t want him call me again.

Jinhwan told her that he needed to go. He paid all the meals and drinks and left the restaurant. She was left with Seungyoon who did not say anything. They left the restaurant and were about to go back to the office. She felt that she had lost all her energy. Could Jinhwan find the culprit soon? She sighed heavily. Her action just got another glare from Seungyoon.

She looked up at Seungyoon. She barely asked his opinion but then she asked,”Do you think Kim Jinhwan can find the culprit soon?”

It took some seconds for him to answer. “I don’t know.”

Well, only God knows.

They were about to pass the street, but she felt someone watching her. She looked back and found nothing. She got shiver coming down her spine. Seungyoon realized that she stopped walking. He turned around.

“What’s wrong?”

She looked at him. “N-nothing.” She tried to smile. Seungyoon seemed know that she was lying. She looked back once again before she told him that they better came back to office quickly. In the corner of her eyes, she could see someone looking straight at her.

Was she just fantasying too much? Or what she had seen was the reality?

Oh, she didn’t want to think about it.

 

 

 

She didn’t think her day turned out well. After she met Kim Jinhwan, she didn’t feel any better. It kept haunting her, about the culprit. She couldn’t feel calm. She still worried about that matter. But fortunately, she could finish her recordings without doing any re-recording. She immediately went home as Taehyun picked her up. He was waiting on the bus stop. They went to their mom’s restaurant before headed home together. Mom came home early today, because mom would leave tomorrow morning to grandmother’s house.

They were spending their time watching television together. It was a rare moment for them since mom always spent time at the restaurant and Taehyun busy drawing and going out with his assistants. And tonight she was home as well. She didn’t plan to go anywhere with anyone. She kept worrying she wouldn’t be safe. She had caught someone watching her in two days. It was never a pleasant feeling. It was creepy.

She looked at her mom and little brother who were laughing at some people in the television. She always wanted to tell them about this, but she never wanted to make them worried, she never wanted to make them sad.  But she really couldn’t hold herself. She thought she would go crazy if she didn’t tell this problem to anyone. She slowly hugged her mom from the back. This was really hard for her.

“What’s wrong with you, my daughter?” her mom asked.

She shook her head. She wondered what reaction she would get from mom if she told about the death threats. Mom would be so worried. But sometimes she wanted to tell her mom about that. She was so frustrated.

“Any problem at the office?” mom kept asking.

She shook her head again. “No.” she replied slowly.

Mom sounded so curious. “Taehyunnie, what’s wrong with your noona? You come to her office, right?”

Taehyun glanced at her before looked at their mom. “Oh, mom, nothing’s wrong with noona. She did her job well.” He said in a mocking tone. “Maybe she is just busy dating with Minho hyung.” He added annoyingly. She widened eyes in shock.

“What did you say?” she slapped Taehyun’s shoulder.

“Yah, what’s that for!?” Taehyun yelled and rubbed his shoulder. She rolled her eyes at him. He then continued. “You’re really busy with Minho hyung, right? Jinwoo hyung told me Minho hyung came to your office and took you on a date.”

She shook her head in disbelief. Boys like gossiping too.

Their mom chuckled. “So, how is Minho doing? He didn’t come to our house again.”

She was about to answer but Taehyun cut her off. “He still came, mom, but only at the door. He just walked noona home.” He stuck his tongue at her. “Noona always asks him to walk her home. Noona is like a kid these days, always asks company from others to go anywhere.”

She froze at those words.

If only you know the reason, little brother

“Alright, kids.” Mom said and stood up. “Since I will be in grandma’s for few days,” mom looked at Taehyun,”son, I hope you take care of your noona.”

She didn’t understand why mom suddenly said that. Mom seemed like have a feeling about this problem. Mom stared at her tenderly. She hesitated. Should she tell this problem to their mother? But not making her mom worried was the purpose of why she hid this problem all the time. She even hid it from her little brother. Mom would be very worried if she told the truth. Mom already suffered because of her cancelled wedding, what would happen next if she tells mom about this death threats?

“Mom, it must be noona who takes care of me, not the otherwise.” Taehyun protested, making her coming back to reality. Taehyun was not happy about this. He sneered at her. “The older should take care of the younger.” He added.

She hit her brother’s arm slowly. “Aigoo, look who’s talking.” She mocked. “I’m sure I can take care of myself.”

“Oh, really?” Taehyun said annoyingly. “Then I don’t need to accompany you every morning to your company.” He shot. She rolled her eyes. What an annoying brother.

“Just do it. I’ll be okay, really.” She snorted. She elbowed him, so did he.

“Aigoo, kids.” Their mom hissed. “You two should take care of each other, understand?”

“Yes, mom.” They said in unison, but elbowing each other. Mom shook head to see them.

Mom went to sleep and she and Taehyun were still watching television. She tried to take the remote from her brother since she wanted to watch a drama. Taehyun didn’t let it and hid the remote from her. She ended up watching the variety show with him, even though she wasn’t that interested. She was thinking, all people in show were laughing happily, like they had no things they should worry about. She was envious of those people. She didn’t think she could laugh happily like that.

Was it because she would get killed soon?

She jerked from the sofa as her phone suddenly vibrated. She was too surprised since she was daydreaming. She stayed still and didn’t move from her seat, nor to reach the phone on the table soon. She was guessing, who the one was calling her. The phone was a bit far from her and she couldn’t read the name of the person calling her. Should she pick up the phone? Who was calling her? Was it that person?

Was it really?

“Noona, why don’t you pick up your phone?” Taehyun’s question made her coming back to reality. She confusedly looked at her brother and then her phone. She strangely was in fear. Should I pick up the call, or not?

She still froze in her seat and Taehyun took the phone for her. He looked at the screen. “It’s from Minho hyung.” He mumbled.

Ah, Minho? Song Minho is calling?

She didn’t give her brother any reaction. Taehyun raised an eyebrow.

“Why don’t you pick it up? Come on, before he ends the call.” Taehyun added annoyingly.

When the phone was on her hand, it was the time when Minho ended the call. She sighed. Why was she like this? She was too paranoid, she knew. She needed to keep in mind that not all the calls coming from that person. But she couldn’t help but think about it. Should she turn off her phone again? But Jinhwan told her not to turn it off again. What should she do?

Looking at her who just staring at the phone, Taehyun furrowed eyebrows. “You’re weird, noona.”

She was about to reply, but Minho was calling her again. She rose from her seat and walked upstairs, getting an irritated stare from her brother. She closed her door and laid down on the bed before she picked up the call.

“Hello?”

“Why didn’t you pick up my first call?” Song Minho sounded impatient.

“Why?” she said after took a deep breath. She was so relieved that Minho was the one who called her.

“I’m just…worried.” He replied honestly and coughed. “I thought you would turn off your phone again.”

“I’ve thought about it, actually.” She answered. “But Kim Jinhwan said I couldn’t, since he would track that person’s location and all.”

“You’ve met him?”

“Yes.”

“What did he say?”

She sighed heavily. “He told me about many things.”

“He has found him?”

“Not yet. But…”

“But?”

“He thought that the person was still in building after he pushed me. He probably came back to the hall.”

“Really?” Minho sounded surprised this time.

“That’s what he said.” She shrugged, even though Minho couldn’t see her.

Minho sighed heavily on the other line. Later he said,”Don’t think about it too much. That person will be caught soon.”

“But…” she found her voice shaky,”I’m afraid he still looks for me, and kills me, before he gets arrested.”

“Don’t say that.” Minho shushed her. “You’ll be okay. Trust me.” he said, reassuring. Before he got a reply from her, he added,”I’ll come to your house in the morning so we can go to work together. You said you don’t want to make Taehyun suspicious, didn’t you?”

“Yeah. The little he knows about this matter, the better.” She replied. “He keeps complaining on how he should walk me to the bus stop.” Minho chuckled on the other line.

“But it seems like I can’t pick you up after work. Is it okay?” he said carefully. “I get many projects this week, so…”

“It’s okay.” She cut him off. She really appreciated on how Minho always had time for her and always went together with her. “I should thank you for always accompanying me, Minho.” She said sincerely.

“Yah, why did you say thanks? Of course I’ll do it for you. I need to protect you.” That was his answer. She didn’t know what to reply. But at last she said

“Sorry to trouble you.”

Minho didn’t sound glad on the other line. “Yah, you don’t do anything wrong, so don’t say sorry.”

“So what should I say?” she replied with no energy.

“Ah, I will ask a question, and you just need to say ‘yes’.” He said. She could hear him chuckling in the other line.

“Okay, then. What question?” she was a little curious.

“Would you go on a date with me the day after tomorrow?”

“A date?” she blinked in confusion.

“Yes, a date.”

“Where will we go?”

“Anywhere, anywhere you like.”

She was silent for some seconds. Minho was waiting for her answer. She knew all he did was to try to cheer her up. He didn’t change. He always tried to make her smile again whenever she got problems. She was grateful she had Minho by her side.

“Knock, knock. Are you there? Give me the answer please.” He said jokingly.

“Okay then, yes.” She said, curling a small smile. “I would go on a date with you.”

“Yessss!” She could hear him laughing on the other line. “I’ll see you tomorrow, then.” He couldn’t hide happiness in his voice. “Sleep well.”

“You, too.”

“I love you. Good night!”

The call was ended. She stared at her phone.

She didn’t know what to do, but she thought she really needed to think about Minho, and their relationship.

Should they come back together like the old days?

 

 

“Eonni, where are you going?” Hanbyul asked her. At that time, she was collecting all her stuffs and put them in her bag. She has finished her sessions today and it was 6 in the evening. She would go home right after this, maybe in some minutes. Minho wouldn’t pick her up, so she would call her brother to do it. Even though she did not know what kind of reaction she would get from Taehyun, she should try to call him.

“Going home, of course, Byul.” She replied with a smile. “Where do you think I’m going?”

Hanbyul furrowed eyebrows. “Going home?” Hanbyul blinked. “Right now?”

She laughed to see her expression. “Of course.”

“But, don’t you come with us for dinner?”

Dinner?

She blinked. “What dinner?”

Hanbyul looked at her in disbelieve and then hurriedly looked at Hanbin. “Oppa, haven’t you told eonni about the dinner?”

Hanbin slapped his forehead. “Ah, I’m sorry. I totally forgot.” He smiled apologetically.

She looked at both of Kim siblings in confusion. “Somebody invites us for dinner?”

“It’s not somebody, but our sajangnim.” Hanbin told her. She still looked confused. Looking at her expression, he added. “It’s too sudden, isn’t it? I was just told one hour ago.”

“Is there anything to be celebrated?” she asked.

Hanbin shrugged. “I don’t think so.”

“No one knows the reason, but the staff said sajangnim just wanted to have dinner with all of us. Isn’t it great?” Hanbyul laughed happily.

“All of us are invited?” she asked as she looked around. She thought some staffs already left but actually they were still there.

“Oh yeah.” Hanbin replied. “All the dubbers, mixers, staffs, everyone is invited.”

Some dubbers were about leave the office. Hanbyul pulled her sleeve. “Come on, eonni. We need to go.”

They were in a famous restaurant which located far from their office. Actually she knew this restaurant. It was always crowded like this, just like the first time when it was open three years ago. She didn’t expect they would have dinner in here. She didn’t expect there would be many empty tables though. But it seemed like their boss have booked some parts of this restaurant for them. She wondered if there was really something that needed to be celebrated.

The staffs, dubbers, and mixers sat on the same table. Jinwoo was sitting between the staffs and some dubbers. Seungyoon was uninterestedly sitting between Hanbin and a staff. In Hanbin’s left, she was sitting side by side with Hanbyul. They were waiting their meals to come when Hanbyul asked her something.

“Eonni,” Hanbyul called.

“What’s wrong?” she looked at Hanbyul intently.

“You’ve asked me about what those fans of Nam Taehyun talking about in the forum, right?” Hanbyul started to talk.

She widened her eyes in surprise. She thought Hanbyul forgot about it. Well, she needed to know about what those fans thinking of her ever since that day. The forum was the one place when the fans could talk anything related to Taehyun. But she didn’t want to get hurt if they really talked bad about her behind her back (she was sure they really did that), so she ended up doing nothing. She could only ask about it to Hanbyul, since Hanbyul was one of the members in Taehyun’s fans forum. Hanbyul was an active member, but just used to read all the posts without giving any comment. Observe type, like always.

“What did they talk about? Did they relate anything about dubbers?” she asked Hanbyul. “Or…calls?”

Hanbyul took a breath before said,”I’ve seen some posts talking about phone calls and the ‘female lead dubber’.” She gulped to hear what Hanbyul said. “At first they talked about the female lead dubber’s voice, which familiar for them. They said the dubber’s voice is exactly the same with the people who picked Nam Taehyun’s phone. I didn’t understand but they often said they gave Nam Taehyun calls. How could they get his number really? That’s impossible.”

She took a deep breath. Those fans even talked about the calls freely in the forum. Did all of the members have Taehyun’s phone number? How could they get it? They got the number and then spread it among the members? Wicked.

“Go on.” She said. Hanbyul nodded.

“Later they only said they were curious why Nam Taehyun picked eonni without casting. And they thought Nam Taehyun is somehow eonni’s fan, or eonni is someone who’s close with Nam Taehyun. They talked about the possibilities about eonni and Nam Taehyun a couple, but since no more interaction after Nam Taehyun picked eonni as the female lead, they thought it’s impossible. So they turned out think that Nam Taehyun just likes to watch films which dubbed by eonni.“

“Is that so?” she asked. If it was true, then there was no way they would send her death threats. But, she didn't know why those stares from the fans did not look that simple for her. The stares could have many things, hatred and envious. No, that’s not that simple. She herself didn’t get it why she kept thinking those girls were responsible for the death treats sent for her. She shouldn’t think this much, right?

Hanbyul glanced at Hanbin before at last lowed the voice. “But, there’s a new problem, eonni.”

“A problem?” she didn’t get what Hanbyul talked about.

Hanbyul murmured,”Now people in the forum are busy discussing about Nam Taehyun and possible girlfriend! Eonni, a girlfriend!”

“A girlfriend?” she was surprised. She thought it was a good thing if her brother started dating. There would be less girls who would call him, right? But, Taehyun didn’t tell her anything about girlfriend. How could he get one so fast without telling her anything?

This is interesting.

“So, who’s the girl?” she asked Hanbyul.

Hanbyul looked shocked. “Nam Taehyun doesn’t tell you anything, eonni?”

She just nodded. “Yeah, I don’t know anything. Tell me.”

Hanbyul looked confused and hesitated, but then continued. “Those fans didn’t know about the girl either. But we’re suspicious he has a girlfriend since lately he only posted his drawings on his SNS. He drew a girl, but only her back seen. Nam Taehyun never posted something like that before.” Hanbyul added with panicked tone which she couldn’t understand.

“Hey, maybe it’s his new character, for his new project?” she asked uncertainly.

“There’s no way it could be his character.” Hanbyul shot. “He bloody drew a girl, eonni. It’s not like he draws a character for his comic. We will know if he does that, but this’s different.”

Wow, this is getting more serious.

She should ask her brother later.

“What about the caption?” she asked Hanbyul. Hanbyul looked depressed just in some minutes.

“The caption, well, it was just written ‘Have a lovely day’ in both pictures.” Hanbyul grumbled. “Don’t you know about this, eonni? Please tell me. I’m dead curious.” Hanbyul started to shake her shoulder.

“Seriously, Byul, I don’t know anything.” She answered. “If I know, I should have been telling you.” She massaged her temple. “Don’t you think he referred the photos to the fans?” she knew Taehyun really appreciated those who liked his works.

“No. We all thought he was talking to the girl in his drawing.” Hanbyul replied. “This is getting me headache. Some other fans even said that they have seen Nam Taehyun going somewhere with a girl. That’s why people kept saying he already has a girlfriend.” Hanbyul added frustratingly.

She chuckled. Finally she knew what her brother doing out there when he was not at home. “What’s wrong if he has a girlfriend?” she asked.

“Nothing’s wrong, eonni, really.” Hanbyul replied quickly. “But for me, I’m just curious who the lucky girl is. And for the other fans, I don’t know.”

“I’ll ask him. I’m curious, too.” She said.

Hanbyul nodded enthusiastically. “Go ask him, eonni!”

She just laughed to see Hanbyul’s expression. Some minutes later, their food came. She smiled brightly to see the meals since she was very hungry. The drinks came as well. She was about to take a sip of her drink as she heard somebody said

“Agassi, is that you?”

She quickly turned around and she saw the waiter who brought the meals, an Ahjumma, was smiling at her. She blinked in confusion since she forgot who the Ahjumma was. The Ahjumma was still smiling brightly, looking so happy to see her here.

“Finally you came here again.” Ahjumma said. She just smiled slightly, confused what to reply. Her colleagues started to look at her curiously.

“Yes.” She answered politely. She secretly tried so hard to remember who the ahjumma was. The ahjumma seemed to know her, but why didn’t she recognize the older woman?

Ahjumma smiled and looked at her colleagues. “You’re not coming with him?” the ahjumma said.

She blinked. “Him?” who was the ahjumma talking about?

“Your fiancé.”

She just felt that something punched her in the face. At that time she instantly remembered that this restaurant was one of her favorite, with Seunghoon. They often came here for dinner. Since they came frequently, some Ahjummas who worked here already knew them. She was speechless as the memories filled her mind.

“You two haven’t come again ever since you celebrated your fourth anniversary.” Ahjumma said, loud enough to be heard by Jinwoo who sat on the corner and all people in this room.

She didn’t know what to answer. She just looked down at her plate.

“How is he doing? Is he doing alright?”

Suddenly it was very hard to breathe.

I don’t even know he’s doing well or not.

She decided to give the ahjumma a smile. Ahjumma looked relieved, exactly getting the wrong idea. Well, she didn’t mean to give the ahjumma the wrong idea, but she couldn’t help it since she didn’t know what to answer. She couldn’t even think straight.

“You said you would get married by the end of last year. So, you were already married, right?” ahjumma asked her once again.

Something was like punching her again, but this time she felt her heart was punched. She tried so hard not to drop any single tear. Meanwhile, all the people seemed to hear this conversation carefully.

“W-we’ve planned it, ahjumma...” She replied without explaining any further.

Ahjumma nodded in understanding, but she couldn’t predict what idea the ahjumma got. But she then understood the idea as the ahjumma said. “In the end you two will still be husband and wife. That’s okay.”

No, no, that’s not it.

The ahjumma thought they just postponed the wedding, and they would still get married.

But actually, there was no way that she and Seunghoon would get back and get married.

That would never happen.

Lee Seunghoon, why does everything hurt until today?

The ahjumma left after whispering to her that some ahjummas would like to receive her wedding invitation one day. She just awkwardly nodded, eyes still fixed on her plate. When she was about to take the meat, she realized her colleagues were still looking at her. Jinwoo looked at her sadly, Kim siblings did the same. Seungyoon didn’t give her any glance and just ate his food. It was getting awkward.

 She quickly tried to break the ice.

“What’s wrong? You all said you’re hungry, right? Come on, let’s eat!” she tried to sound so cheerful even though her heart was hurt so much. She even laughed, her laughter sounded weird for her own ears.

You’re pathetic, she said to herself.

 

 

The dinner was over, and people started to leave the restaurant. She had not said anything but she hoped Jinwoo would walk her home. She was too much, right? She was still scared going home alone. She had asked help from Minho many times and tonight he was busy. She couldn’t call him, and she couldn’t call her brother either. With this far destination, there was no way Taehyun would pick her up.

It was only her, Jinwoo, Kim siblings and Seungyoon left. Kim siblings went straight home by walking. Their home was not far from here. Seungyoon didn’t say anything, but he must walk to the bus stop and wait for a bus. She always wanted to ask about where his home was, since she always found him on the same bus with her in the morning. Jinwoo’s house was not in the same direction as her, but she thought it was okay to ask him to send her ho—

“W-what?” she blinked in disbelief.

Jinwoo nodded. “I will go to my parent’s house tonight. My grandma just came this evening.” He looked at her intently. “Why?”

She was slightly disappointed. “A-ah, it’s nothing, sunbae.” She lied.

Jinwoo smiled. “Minho ssi will pick you up?”

“Y-yes.” She just nodded. She saw Seungyoon rolling his eyes. What’s this guy problem now?

“So you will wait for him here?” Jinwoo turned around and looked at Seungyoon. “Can you stay here until her friend comes?”

“No.” that was Seungyoon’s only answer. He looked at her irritatingly. She just sighed. She didn’t hope too much. Seungyoon would never want to help her again anyway.

Jinwoo seemed know Seungyoon’s reason and decided not to ask anything. He looked at her once again. “You’ll be fine.” He said and patted her shoulder.

“Of course, sunbae.” She reassured him.

“Okay then. We’ll be leaving first.” Jinwoo patted her shoulder once again, before walking away with Seungyoon.

Finally she was alone by herself in front of the restaurant. She sighed. She didn’t expect this that she would go home alone. Well, of course everything would not always turn out as what you’ve planned. She couldn’t always count on other people for this kind of situation. Where has the bravery gone? She used to be the type who could handle and do everything on her own, who could go everywhere alone. She cursed herself why she became this pathetic. She, of course, needed to take care of herself. With that thought, she started to walk away, leaving the restaurant.

She already got on a bus and took a seat near the window while her mind was filled with what the ahjumma asked her earlier. Lee Seunghoon. It was still about him. She let out a heavy sigh. Lately no one mentioned his name in front of her, but an hour ago, the ahjumma mentioned him in front of everyone. Nothing to hide, everyone in the office already knew her story. They already knew how pitiful she was. Since they already knew, they didn’t ask her anything about what really happened to the wedding. She was grateful for that. They tried to not hurt her, even though she knew that they were curious all the time why she ended up not getting married.

She was also curious. She always wondered if Seunghoon hurt like she did, if Seunghoon missed her like she did, if Seunghoon remembered their memories like she did, if…

Seunghoon still loved her like she did.

She cursed herself. She shouldn’t think about him anymore. Probably Seunghoon was doing really well without her.

Doing really well without her.

The bus has arrived in her destination. She prepared herself to get off the bus. As soon as she got off the bus, she got her phone vibrating. Thinking it was from Minho, she quickly took her phone from her pocket. She froze to see from whom the missed call was.

821014892764

Her body was shaking.

This number…

Seconds later, she got a message.

 

From: 821014892764

Surprise.

 

She looked up and she saw someone on the opposite street, with a black jacket and hat, looking straight at her. The person was holding a phone in his left hand whose screen was on, and in his right hand… the person was holding something, something shiny, and shaped like a knife.

A… knife…?

She walked backwards. Her body was all shaking, so were her legs.

She just realized one thing at this time.

If she still wanted to live, she needed to run away.