Chapter 2

Our Timing

I tried to finish my history test as fast as I could because I was excited to meet Ah young but as soon as I arrived, I saw Hyun woo putting a scarf around Ah young’s neck. The worst part was she seems to enjoy it. Honestly, at the moment, I didn’t know what to do. I had a lot of mixed emotions going on, even though you can’t see it on my face because I have an emotionless face. So I end up standing there.

‘’Jong hyun ah! Why are you standing there, come here’’ yelled Ah young.

‘’I’m coming’’

‘’Ya, what took you so long?’’ said Ah young. I couldn’t help but stared at Hyun woo’s scarf.

‘’Yeah how could you let her alone! Be thankful that I was here~’’

If I knew you were with her I wouldn’t let her alone, wish I could’ve said that. ‘’Sorry, I was doing my history test. Anyway let’s go eat’’

--

We were walking to the Bulgogi house and I don’t know why but the atmosphere was pretty tense for absolutely no reasons. I don’t know if I was dreaming or not but Jong hyun and Hyun woo were sending death glares? I was between them and it was damn awkward. Are they having a competition or what, sigh, I guess they’re guys after all.

I asked them ‘’so guys what do you want to eat?’’

‘’Just pick anything you want, I’m okay with anything’’ said Jong hyun.

‘’Yeah, me too’’ said Hyun woo. I think it’s the first and only time they agreed on something.

‘’Well let’s take meat and uh... Do you guys want bibimbap or japchae?’’

‘’Bibimbap’’ said Jong hyun, as I expected. ‘’Japchae’’ said Hyun woo, I didn’t expect that one though.

‘’Let’s take japchae!’’

‘’No, let’s take bibimpap’’

‘’Japchae.’’

‘’Bibimbap.’’

‘’J-A-P-C-H-A-E’’

‘’B-I-B-I-M-B-A-P’’

‘’JAPCHAE’’

‘’BIBIMPAP’’

‘’OKAY, GUYS ENOUGH! LET’S JUST TAKE BOTH, why are you battling for food?’’

As we were eating, the competition didn’t end, it was only starting. They kept giving me the side dishes. Yes, I was pretty thankful at first because I love food. But they kept giving and giving and giving and giving. You get the idea.

‘’Here’s kimchi, Ah young ah’’ said Jong hyun.  I swear I melt each time, when he called me like that.

‘’Take some potato too!’’ said Hyun woo.

‘’uh thanks but guys you can eat, you don’t need to give me the side dishes, I can take it by myself.’’

After we were done eating, like finally. I swear I’m never going to eat with both of them together EVER AGAIN. Seriously, they were battling for paying so I end up paying; it was easier that way. After a while, Hyun woo had to go somewhere so I was ‘finally’ alone with Jong hyun.

‘’Ya, were you doing a competition with Hyun woo during dinner?’’

‘’No, why?’’

‘’You were battling for everything; food, money, etc.’’

‘’No, you’re overthinking’’ he said while smiling and patting my head.

While I was going crazy inside because he looks insanely handsome while smiling ‘’Are you sure?’’

‘’Yeah, we were only joking. Okay, we did argue a little bit for paying but that’s it.’’

I looked at him with my ‘are you kidding me’ face then suddenly he pulled me over and hugged me.