Tonight's Confession

[SERIES] WINNER & iKON Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Tonight's Confession [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Nam Taehyun & OC[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Nam Taehyun , maknae of YG Entertainment's upcoming 5-member male group , composer and lyricist of WINNER. But tonight , he couldn't start a single word nor a note.

 

Taehyun had to submit 5 new songs by the end of this week and he only completed one decent song that he hoped CEO Yang would like it. Looking at the digital clock on the right side of his composing desk , it was already 4.47AM. How long had he been staring at the empty piece of paper? Practice starts at 7 in the morning , Taehyun reminded himself. A whole night wasted doing nothing but thinking. 2 hours of sleep before practice beats nothing , Taehyun thought.

 

"How's your composing and lyrics writing going along? Are you facing any difficulties? Do you need some help? Feel free to ask me anytime , you look kinda stressed out." Minho offered. Taehyun gave a slight smile in return and assured the older that he was fine.

 

But deep in his heart he knew he wasn't fine at all. He had a lot more thinking to do.


 

Six months ago , they were happy and contented.

 

Three months later , they were quarreling.

 

Two months later , they stopped speaking to each other.

 

One month later , she left.


 

She left nothing behind , except a post-it note saying she was leaving and it wasn't working out between them.

 

He couldn't feel anything but emptiness. What happened to the love between them? Didn't people always say that true love between two people could overcome all the problems they face the journey of their relationship?

 

Love is a lie , Taehyun thought.

 

Looking around in the empty apartment , everything was there but what lacked was her presence. Taehyun felt like he was nothing. He meant nothing. He thought their love was strong enough , but it seemed not.

 

Slowly walking to the window where she used to stand while sipping on her morning coffee , Taehyun felt a rush of emotions. Her scent , her smile , her everything.

 

Thinking back on how they first met , it was rather awkward. Taehyun always felt lucky to be working on the same shift with her and they always walked the same way back home. Sadly , they would alight at the same station but walk in opposite directions. They knew each other's names but never had a chance to introduce themselves formally.

 

On one of the cold nights after work , they did the same things and walked their usual ways. But she forgotten to bring along her jacket and was shivering badly on the journey home. Taehyun , trying to impress her , he took off his coat despite wearing only a thin white shirt with black jeans.

 

"... you look cold , so I'm lending you my coat."

 

"You're Nam Taehyun right? I'm Aemi , working the same shift if you didn't realize. Thank you , I really appreciate it." Aemi smiled and accepted the coat.

 

Taehyun felt a weird sense of accomplishment and it made him warm despite the strong winds that night.

 

They started meeting up at the very same station to go to work together and in less than a month's time they started dating.

 

Everyone was happy for them both - until the new worker came into the picture.

 

Her name was Stella , and the male workers at their workplace - including Taehyun was mesmerized by her beauty.

 

Stella developed a crush on Taehyun but it didn't go unnoticed. Aemi saw. She knew Stella liked her boyfriend. And she also knew that Taehyun was enjoying the attention given by both Stella and herself.

 

Taehyun wasn't a playboy , but he craved attention. He enjoyed the little crushes people had on him , those loving eyes looking at him but he would never return their love. He just liked the attention.

 

Aemi could see through his heart. She knew Taehyun liked her , and they were dating , but what she understood was that Taehyun would never give up anything for her. In other words , she wasn't Taehyun's ultimate priority.

 

For days , weeks , months , Aemi had to endure their secretive looks to each other at work. How Taehyun made up excuses to go on late night dates with Stella , how he would speak on the phone for long hours in hushed whispers ,  how he would slip out of bed as quietly as possible , thinking that Aemi was asleep and leave the house to meet with Stella. Taehyun quit his job without Aemi's knowledge and began to spend more nights out , returning only at dawn.

 

Aemi would always wait and then fall asleep on the couch because she was worried for Taehyun. Those nights spent listening to ballads while waiting , imagining what would it be like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter