Chapter 3: Bagel

3 Bottles

“You can just let me off at the corner there.”

The driver gave a small snort.

“We can't have you looking like that in public.” The woman to his right said. “Walking around in public with a hospital gown is unlady-like.”

Jane had forgotten that she had just the thin sheet-like reverse-robe. And, more importantly she forgot that autumn air in Seoul was very cold.

“Here,” the lady in the front handed her a bag, “wear this.”

“Gamsahamnida.” Jane said automatically.

“I'm Jungkook's stylist, Jo Jieun,” she said pointing to herself, “and this is his manager, Ko Eunseob.” She then pointed at the driver.

He waved his right hand, not taking his eyes off of the busy road. Jane reached into the bag and felt around for some clothes. Instead, she pulled out three boxes. The first box had a pair of black PVC heels that were at least 11 cms tall. The second box had a red and black miniskirt with a grey nova check design. The third box contained a matching hoodie.

“What's wrong?”

“No. No. Everything is fine.” Jane lied. How am I going to wear this? It's too cold outside to be wearing something like this.

“Are you sure?”

“How do girls wear this?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean... this is so short. I'll freeze to death.”

“Fashion is pain.”

Jane stared straight into the back of the stylist's seat.

“Are you hoping lasers will come out of your eyes?” Jungkook said from the seat behind Jane.

He reached around and unbuckled her seat belt, and guided the buckle to its resting position.

“What are you doing?” Jane exclaimed, surprised that Jungkook's hands had grazed her arm.

“Calm down.” Jungkook smiled. “I'm making sure you don't just hit yourself with the buckle.”

“Oh thanks.”

“Go ahead and change.” Jungkook took his hands and covered his eyes. “I promise.”

Jane looked to see if Jungkook was truly covering his eyes.

“No peeping.”

Jane started to remove her hospital gown.

“BYUNTAE!!!!!” Jane shrieked as she looked in the rear view mirror to see the driver's eyes gazing back at him. Jungkook opened his eyes to see what the commotion was about.

“EEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!” Jane screamed once again when she met his eyes.

Another “EEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH!” was screamed. This time from the driver whose hair was being tugged by the stylist.

“Ya. Niga byuntaenya?” The stylist barked at the driver. Her once calm Seoul accent was replaced by her now rough Busan dialect.

“Stop pulling my hair!” The driver shouted. “You trying to kill us!?!”

“Shibal noma.” The stylist continued.

“Hey.” Jungkook said as he tapped Jane on the shoulder. “Let's switch.” He indicated to the back row seats. “I'll keep a look out.”

Jane hurried to the back, first, making sure not to put her rear end on display to the other passengers. When she settled in the back of the van, Jungkook knelt in the path between the two middle row seats, shielding Jane from view. His eyes were, of course, blind-folded by his red and black muffler.

“Alright I'm done.” Jane said with an exasperated sigh of relief.

“Here.” Jungkook said as he unwrapped his eyes. “I told you that this was yours.”

He laid the muffler on her lap.

“Thanks.” She said as she covered up her exposed legs.

“You are going to be cold.”

“I know.”

“Don't worry. My apartment is warm.”

“My apartment?” Jane thought.

“What do you mean by my apartment?”

“Well... It's the place where Jungkook lives.” Manager Ko replied.

“I think she knows that mungchoona.” Jo said, lightly popping Eunseob on the head with her gator clutch.

“Yea. We are going to my apartment. Until we can get you ready.”

“Ready for what?”

“To be my girlfriend.”

“What's wrong with the way that I am?”

“Nothing.”

ㅋㅋㅋ Nothing.” The stylist snickered. “Agassi, we have to make you a bagel.”

“Bagel?”

“Beautiful and Glamorous.” Jungkook said winking.

Jane felt her face turn pink. She put her cold hands to her face. Her hands felt warmth of her cheeks. She gulped and tried to look away.