the shadow

duality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ty to everyone who left such nice comments ily 

Chanyeol ended up scoring a date with Kai for the following Saturday. And Kris ended up scoring a date with Jongin because Kai had strongly insisted. Although he would be hard pressed to call it a date; right now, it seemed more like he was babysitting a toddler with some fairly severe separation anxiety. For the past half hour, Jongin had been staring down at his food, ocassionally sneaking fearful glances up at his "date" before averting his gaze just as quickly. Any attempts at conversation were shut down due to Jongin's one word answers. They weren't curt necessarily; it just seemed like the other didn't know what to say. He would suddenly start talking and then trail off. The most he had said all throughout their date was when Kris mentioned that he was taking a dancing class for some easy units and that it was probably the worst mistake of his life. Jongin had smiled then, his eyes lighting up and crinkling up cutely around the corners and he had began talking excitedly, so excitedly that he had stumbled over his words and gotten so embarrassed that he fell silent once again much to Kris' dismay. The lack of conversation was only made painfully apparent by the lively atmosphere of the restuaruant. The restaurant was a short walk from the dorms;  the food was cheap; the beer refills were free, and the waitresses were hot. This tended to attract a very rowdy crowd, especially on Friday nights.  Kris sighed internally, stirring his reasonably priced spaghetti around on the plate. It was time to end this. 

"So Jongin, are you ready to head back? I'm pretty tired and I have an early class tomorrow," Kris said, feeling a little hurt by the obvious look of relief on Jongin's  face paired with a too-eager nod. 

For someone who was so reticent, his facial expressions were extremely transparent. It sounded like a cliche, but the kid really was an open book. 

The walk back to the dorm was silent except for the scuffing of Jongin's sneakers on the sidewalk. The way he walked was kind of like a little kid. Kris was about to share this thought, but stopped thinking that he might embarrass the  freshman.  When they entered the dorm, Kris said an awkward goodbye, but ended up accompanying up the stairs to his room because had looked so unsure and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter