Arrival

Two Tales of One Night

 

            It was dark and cozy. Two silent beings were able to breathe without a sound. The bright sun couldn’t even peek through the thick blinds on the windows. In a large, breathing mass of blanket, was a young girl. Her golden brown hair resembled some kind of nest as its knotted form sat lazily on her head.

            Suddenly, the loud song of her ringtone jolted her from her sweet dreams. Groping around for her phone, and pulling her cat’s tail in the process. She glared at the caller ID before pressing the small electronic device to her ear.

            “What do you want,” she grumbled, even her voice was half asleep.

            “Tsuki, are you just waking up?” her friend snapped on the other line.

            “Yeah, Ryuu, why?” Tsuki yawned.

            “It’s Halloween! I’m taking you to a party to meet an old friend of mine. So, get up and ready. I’ll be there in an hour.” Tsuki groaned at Ryuu’s decision. Unfortunately, once Ryuu puts her mind to something, she doesn’t give up.

            Tsuki took her sweet time in the shower, allowing herself to completely wake up. The steam from the water filled the bathroom, giving a dramatic effect when she exited. She looked at her cat, Shiro, when she stepped back into her bedroom.

            “Shiro, what should I wear tonight?” she asked the snow colored feline who’s golden eyes blinked at her before trotting to the closet. Shiro swatted a particular dress. Shiro’s favorite. Tsuki chuckled and pulled the dress from the closet. She didn’t know why, but every time Shiro chose the particular dress, something good was bound to happen to either herself or a friend.

            The long, flowing dress was a light leather color, like the kind on those soft leather bracelets. An intricate, yet simple gold swirling design crawled down the long sleeves, ribs, and back. The sleeves were practically skin tight up until about the elbow where they began to widen all the way down to the wrist.

            Tsuki pulled on the dress, letting the end reach her ankles easily. The dress hugged her skin as if it was her skin. She fastened her favorite necklace around her neck, falling the right length into the neckline of the dress.

            “I wonder what Ryuu’s going in,” Tsuki sighed to herself, putting her Nightlife contacts in. The sclera was pitch black while the iris was white with a black pupil.  She wedged in her double fangs. Instead of a single fang on each side there were two on each side on the top row. The first fang was smaller than the second but she made sure that it didn’t irritate her lip.

            She stretched, waiting for Ryuu to hurry up. As boredom quickly built inside of her, she put on some music to calm herself. She was so focused on the beats and lyrics of the music she didn’t notice when the doorbell rang.

             Shiro scratched and mewled at the door before prodding over to her master and placing her paws on her legs. The said cat let out a yawn, making Tsuki jump from her empty gaze.

            “Tsuki, open up! I know you’re home,” Ryuu’s voice on the other side of the door shouted.

            “Yeah, whatever. I know you have a key!” Tsuki waved her hand as she reluctantly opened the door. Ryuu gave her a bored look, rolling her head enough to crack her neck. A set of fox ears matched her black and red hair. She her heel, letting the fox tail sway from side to side as she walked.

            “C’mon, we’re already late,” Ryuu mentioned, unlocking her car. When Tsuki joined her, the smell of leather rushed up her nostrils. The latter smiled, loving the scent.

            “So, where’s this place gonna be anyways?” Tsuki asked, watching out the window with disinterest.

            “The old manor at the top of the hill.” Ryuu shrugged. “I want you to meet an old friend of mine while we’re there. He’s been away a lot recently so I haven’t been able to see him.”

          “You’re friends are always interesting,” Tsuki laughed. “Remember when you first introduced me to Reita?” Ryuu laughed at Tsuki’s memory. It wasn’t Reita being weird, it was mostly Ryuu and her personality clash with him. They were so competitive for some reason.

            Ryuu’s car came to a stop. In front, was the stereotypical creepy mansion on top of the hill. Recently, dark heavy clouds loomed around the place, giving it an eerie feeling, despite the girls’ frequent visits. Shadows danced in the widow where multicolored strobes flashed. Tsuki rolled her eyes, she always hated these kinds of parties. You know, the ones where everyone gets drunk and half the people were already high when they got there. The same ones that usually wound up with several people having on the dance floor and no one seemed to care for the free show.

                        Taking a deep breath, Tsuki obediently followed her friend into the vibrating house. . .

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Hello!~ Here is the wonderful part 1 to the story. The next two chapters will be written in first person, one in Tsuki's POV and the other in Ryuu's POV.

If you've read my previous one-shot It's coming off, Reita then, my wonderful character, Ryuu may be familiar to you. If you haven't read it, you can go read it, if you want. I'll admit, it's not my best work but it was my first attempt at writing a oneshot (strangely enough).

So, please leave a comment below! I always look forward to them in order to improve my writing!  Thank you! :D

- Milotic 350