Chapter 7 pt. 1

The Keystone (My Eyes, Your Heart, One Love)-(DISCONTINUED)

*Narrator POV*

Yuri was mad. She was really angry after she dropped Jessica off last night. 

To be a bit more specific, she was angry at Krystal, angry at Jessica, and angry at herself. First of all, Krystal was making too much trouble for Jessica. What did Krystal do to make Jessica go out and drink like that? Krystal already knew that her sister didn't want to see her, so why did she even bother coming back? What was her purpose besides her father going off on the trip? Yuri didn't want to see her Jessica get hurt, and she knew that Krystal's presence was not helping. Anyway, she was also mad at Jessica because she let herself get too deep into the alchohol last night. She was being stupid and overly emotional, which was all Krystal's fault.

"that girl is gonna pay," Yuri growled. "She knows her sister can't handle her. What the was she doing?"

But Yuri was angry that she herself hadn't been there for Jessica. She could have prevented her girlfriend from getting rip-roaring drunk. "Don't become like your father, Sica," Yuri muttered and tightened her clutch on her pillow as she lay on her back in her room. "Don't turn into the person who ruined your life."

She had never seen her girlfriend this wasted before, and it actually frightened her that night. The surprising thing was that Jessica kept calling for Krystal, the girl she absolutely despised as Yuri remembered her saying. Yuri threw her pillow across the room. It hit a picture frame and it fell to the floor loudly. "!" She couldn't get the memory of her conversation with Jess on the phone last night. Jessica thought she was talking to Krystal.

So she had been pretending to hate her sister all this time, huh?

Yuri actually didn't know much except that her sister had a broken family, and that she hated them all. Other than that, nothing. She was sure Tiffany knew more since she was Jessica's best friend.

She sat up. "Dammit. I should have stayed last night. Who knows what that little twerp would be up to after I left? Ugh, I gotta see Sica." She got out of her bed and started to get ready.

--------------------------------------------------

*Krystal POV*

"WHAT?"! Tiffany shrieked loudly. I had to pull my phone away from my ear. "WHAT'S GOING ON?"

"Everything's fine!" I exclaimed. "Except unnie went drinking a lot last night and I don't know how to deal with hangovers." I heard the toilet flush. "She threw up just now...could you-"

"Hang on, Krys, I'm coming over," I heard Tiffany say and then loud noises like a door closing. "You're lucky I woke up early today. I had some work to finish up. I'll be there fast."

We hung up, and I locked my phone. I suddenly felt something was dry and crusted on my hand. 

"what the...?" I opened my hand. Blood?! From where? How did I not notice this? I checked myself over to make sure I wasn't bleeding anywhere. I didn't find anything. 

So if it wasn't me, then who?

The only thing I remember was I was trying to help my sister last night. But then I recalled that when I'd taken one of her arms to put through a sleeve, she grimaced and looked pained. 

Did she hurt herself somehow?

Should I check on her? I wondered. No, what if she gets all snappy on me and then I make her feel even worse?

At least you showed that you cared! I argued with myself, Just because she was mean to you, doesn't mean you have to be like that to her too! She's still your sister!

I heard the shower turn on. I sighed and sat up. I folded up the blanket and set it on top of the pillow. The curtains were closed and it was dim in here without the light from outside. I changed in a corner and organized my stuff before Tiffany came.

I wondered if my sister had any first-aid around here. If she hurt herself, then it needed to be disinfected and cleaned, which she was doing right now, I guess. 

But the big question was, WHY WAS SHE DRINKING IN THE FIRST PLACE?

I never knew she was into this! And why the heck was Yuri so mad at me? And she just threw Jessica onto the bed like a sack of potatoes? I thought they were dating!! But she had already seemed pretty mad before she walked in. Did they get into a fight? 

Just like dad, a small voice in my mind said. 

I shook my head to wipe that thought out. "No way. No way." Jessica couldn't be like him. She wouldn't, even if she tried...or could she?

It all started with the alchohol...oh man...

I had almost forgotten about my headache until it reminded me by painfully pounding again. My vision went a little fuzzy and I nearly missed the wall I was trying to lean on. It hurt so bad...I was in agony. I curled on the floor and blindly felt for the painkiller bottle. There was no time to get water with it. I just swallowed it.

Good thing they were small.

I lay on the carpet for a little bit to give myself time to recooperate.

"Oh my god!" I sat straight up and my heart beat wildly. I remembered everything that happened last night.

She kissed me...well on the cheek, but that was something that never happened in the 16 years that i've been alive! Will she even remember? 

It felt nice...it was different. I'd never been that close to her...

"dammit!" I cursed at myself. "Stop thinking like this! That's gross! Besides she's dating already!"

Then the doorbell rang. I tossed my pills into my bakcpack and went to get the door.

"Hey, Krystal!' Tiffany said. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, but not unnie," I said.

She face-palmed. "The idiot."

I think she was referring to my sister.

------------------------------------------

*Jessica POV*

I woke up with a pounding headache. "Oh...god..." I groaned. My mouth felt like cotton. It was so dry.

I turned over on my bed and moaned into my pillow. I felt terrible and gross.

How did I even get here? I couldn't remember anything from last night except that...I went drinking.

I really did it this time. I must have drunk myself until I passed out. I sat up and looked for my phone. It wasn't on my nightstand like I usually did. But there was a glass of water sitting there.

Memories of last night came rushing back to me. I had taken a lot of shots, adn then I'd gone outside. YUri called, and I'd said stuff that made no sense at all. Huh...Yuri must have taken me home.

I was gonna have to thank her for coming back all the way to bring me home.

I drank the water, but as soon as I felt the liquid hit my stomach, I felt queasy. I immediately rushed to the restroom and vomited.

I spat, and gasped as I leaned over the rim. I regretted going out to drink last night. I felt terrible. I held a hand to my head as fresh pangs of headache erupted again. I shut my eyes and grit my teeth as the pain didn't cease to subside. I sat away from the toilet and leaned against the wall, my head leaning back against the wall.

Soojung...I opened my eyes. My arm felt itching and dried up. I lifted it up. There was blood crusted in the areas that I had scratched at myself with my own nails.

I suddenly realized I wasn't wearing the shirt I'd worn last night. How did I change? DId Yuri...?

All that happened last night came crashing back at me. Krystal in my bed...my arms around her...I kissed her...

"Unnie!...You're drunk right now! Please let me go!"

Oh crap, did I hurt her last night? I ran my hands through my hair nervously. Did I do anything to her?...Besides kiss her? 

What would she say this morning? She'd never seen me drunk before...actually she had never really seen me in all seriousness. 

"Unnie...let me get you some water so when you wake up, you won't have to get it yourself..."

I'd been so mean to her, bitter, and nasty...how could she do this for me? 

You were wrong all along, Jessica, a small voice echoed in my head. She's not who you made yourself believe she was.

I decided to take a shower and clean myself up a bit. I was a mess.

 

When I finished getting ready, I heard noise in the kitchen. I stepped out of my room and saw Tiffany in the kitchen, cooking something.

"Fany? What are you doing here?" I demanded mostly with surprise.

"A little birdy told me what happened to you," she replied calmly.

"Soojung?" I whipped around but found the couch empty and everything neat. "Where is she?"

I turned back and saw Tiffany smirking at me. She leaned on the counter. "Worried?"

"What? No!" I snapped. "I was just wondering that's all!" But where is she? What does she think of me now?

Tiffany sniffed. "In anyway, she went out."

"Out? For what?" I asked.

"Why do you care, Sica?" Tiffany narrowed her eyes at me.

"I'm just asking! Gosh!" I said irritably. "So are you gonna tell me or not?"

She sighed. "Since you're so curious, she went to buy first aid or something. She said you hurt yourself or something." She went back to cooking.

I remembered our argument from yesterday. "Fany, look, I'm sorry I snapped at you."

"It's ok, Sica, but I'm not the person you should be apologizing to."

"huh?"

But she never elaborated because the door opened, revealing Krystal. TIffany went to go meet her, while my feet were literally rooted to the floor. I was frozen with...fear? My heart was racing and I really wanted to hide in my room again. I couldn't face her after last night.

"Find what you needed?" Tiffany closed the door for her and led her in.

"Yeah," Krystal nodded. She saw me and seemed to hesitate. "Hi...Jessica." She went to the corner where her stuff was, and she took something out of her backpack. It was gauze and tape, and alchoholic wipes. "I got them for you." She handed them to me.

All I could do was stare at them. My voice was caught in my throat and I couldn't say anything. I looked down at her, but she was not looking at me at all. 

"Sica, don't make her stand there forever!" Tiffany called. 

"Y-yeah...sorry," I started to reach my hand out. This time I was the nervous one. For the first time, I felt what my sister probably felt at the dinner the first day she was here.

"I'll do it for you," my sister suddenly said.

"w-what?" I said dumbly.

She pointed at my raised arm, which had red scrape marks from where I'd scratched myself. It was red and swollen. "O-ok..." I only managed to say.

I followed her to the sofa, where she started to open the alchohol wipe. She undid the folds and she took my wrist in her hand to have better access to my arm. It was awkwardly silent while she worked, despite the noise of Fany's cooking. It hurt a lot, but I distracted myself by focusing on my sister's gentle but firm grip. She was strong. We were sitting really close. If I moved a just a bit more I could kiss her...Stupid! I thought to myself, what the hell are you thinking? She's your sister! The alchohol must still be lingering!

"Ok. Done."

I was broken from thoughts and she moved my arm off of her. The bell rang and she got up to get it. I was still in a half daze because of what just happened. She was really gentle.

"Hi fany!" I heard someone say. "hey, Krystal."

"Sica!" Yuri was standing in front of me. "I'm so sorry about last night! I shouldn't have left you!"

I looked at her and averted my eyes to see Krystal and Tiffany doing something together in the kitchen. 

"Sica?" Yuri sat beside me and put an arm around my shoulders. "Are you alright?"

"Y-yeah," I replied.

"OH my god! What happened?" Yuri grabbed my hand and inspected the arm that Krystal had bandaged up. "What did you do?"

"N-nothing," I stammered.

"I'm so sorry." YUri leaned in to peck my lips. "I'll stay with you today."

"Hey, Yul, wanna stay for lunch?' Tiffany called.

"Sure," YUri replied and she rubbed the back of my hand with her thumb. 

Tiffany and Krystal set up the table in front of us and set food, plates, and chopsticks for us to eat. I saw Krystal whisper something in Tiffany's ear, and TIffany pat her shoulder, while my sister looked down at the ground. What was going on with them?

The both of them joined us at the table. They sat on the floor while Yuri and I sat on the couch. It was awkwardly silent. Even Tiffany didn't try to pull off what she did the first time. She was busy giving my sister food, and telling her what she put in it. My sister just nodded and smiled. 

Yuri shook my shoulder. "Hey, why aren't you eating?" She looked really worried.

"U-um...I..." I didn't know what to say so I just started eating. 

She kissed my cheek and pat my back, but it didn't make me feel any better.

I chanced glance at my sister, but she was listening to Tiffany talk about something that happened to her the other day. And Tiffany as talking to her as if she were an old friend. They seemed somewhat close--closer than I could have ever been with Krystal.

I think I might have made myself have a huge misconception about Krystal for a very long time.

 

We were sitting at the table after finishing the food. Yuri and Tiffany were conversing about an event going on at the university we were going to. Yuri was holding my hand tightly, and my fingers wouldn't stop wanting to twitch about. 

Krystal suddenly started to get up, and before I stopped myself, my mouth blurted. "Where are you going?"

------------------------------------------------------

*Krystal POV*

After having Tiffany's tasty lunch, she and Yuri were talking for a couple minutes while I sat there silently. I could feel that my sister was sneaking glances at me, but I didn't meet any of them. Luckily, Tiffany talked with me during most of the time that we were eating, so that kept me occupied.

I decided to go out and get some fresh air. I needed time to process all the things that just happened within the last 12 hours since my sister came back home drunk. I stood up to take my plate to the kitchen. I wondered if I should offer to take everyone else's too. But was it being disrespectful to my elders to just leave?

But Tiffany  told me it was ok, when I'd asked her earlier.

"Where are you going?" my sister asked as soon as I got up.

I froze. "Um...no--somewhere." I offered to take Tiffany's plate, but she pushed me away. "No, I'll do it. You get going ok?"

While I walked to the kitchen to put my plate in the sink, I wondered why my sister asked me that. She never seemed interested in me before. But this time, her tone was different. She didn't sound hostile or angry. She sounded curious, and there was something else in her voice, but I couldn't identify what. I washed the plate before putting it in the dish rack. I grabbed my backpack from the corner and checked to make sure I had everything.

"Krystal, I'll meet you later, ok?" Tiffany suddenly said.

"HUh?" I turned around. We never planned this. 

She winked at me. I wasn't sure if it went undetected, but I'd seen it. "I'll call you."

I nodded, bowed respectfully to Yuri and my sister, and I left. I had never felt so relieved to leave a place. At least it was less awkward than the first time.

I wandered on the streets, browsing the shops and bakeries. Sunday afternoons weren't as crowded so I was able to get by.

"Krystal! Hey!" I heard a familiar voice calling.

I turned around and saw Amber walking towards me. She was grinning and waving cheerfully. "What're you up to?" she asked when she finally caught up to me.

"I was gonna go study," I said.

"Oh great! Me too! Wanna go to the library together?" she asked.

I paused. "Um...sure."

As we walked to the library, I couldn't help but wonder for what expect purpose my sister went out to drink last night. It could have been dangerous, especially for a person like her. She probably couldn't kill a fly in that condition.

--------

hi! there's gonna be a part 2 most likely tomorrow, but if not, then saturday or sunday.

I hope you guys liked this chapter :) NOt much happened tho...

I also wanted to put out that this is supposed to be mainly a jungcest/sis fic, so I apologize to the yulsic fans that there may not be too much yulsic later on...

Anyway, we will find out more about what exactly is going on fairly soon! Thanks for reading, and putting up with me and my errors! You guys are the best. Please comment, subscribe! Upvote if you liked it! (i keep saying the same thing every tiem...)

ALright, well thanks for staying with me on this story! I will try my best to write it well! 
I usually write these late at night so sometimes the consistency gets kind of wacky. I will go back and fix it later unless it really impedes the story, then I will try to fix it ASAP.

Take care everyone! <3

listen to the song! It's really pretty (imo...you don't have to tho)  :D 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUQyn1e_aNA