Chapter 4

Mabeobsi School of Wizardry

They had been sitting in the library for what seemed like hours now, trying to come up with a plan that didn’t involve dying in the end. Minseok rolled his pencil back and forth across the table, Sunyoung staring off to another part of the library, and Juhyun with her chin in her hand burning daggers into the book in front of her.

“We can just use a confundus charm on the dragon,” Sunyoung spoke up, bringing her teammates attention to her. “That’s a good idea Sunyoung.” Minseok smiled at the girl, who beamed in return of the praise.

“I don’t know,” Juhyun said, her eyebrows furrowed. “That could be dangerous. What if the dragon went berserk and started attacking everybody?” Sunyoung nodded in understanding.

“But if it isn’t a very strong confundus charm, I don’t think it’d get too crazy, right?” Minseok questioned out loud, his teammates looked at him. “If we did use a confundus charm, we’d need to be prepared for the worst.” All three nodded in agreement.

“Who’s going to grab the treasure?” Juhyun asked. 

“I was thinking Sunyoung, she’s the smallest out of us and could easily go unnoticed.” Minseok suggested, looking over to said girl.

“Wh-what? Me?” she stammered out.

“We could use a concealing charm on you, once we get the dragons attention. That’s perfect Minseok.” Juhyun clapped happily.

“We won’t let anything happen to you Sunyoung; we’ll make sure all of us make it out of this round alive.” Minseok reassured her by taking her hand and squeezing it softly. Sunyoung still seemed unsure of the plan, but nodded anyways, knowing she could trust her teammates.

“Well, now that we have that settled, I have some homework I need to do,” Minseok smiled standing up from the table to leave. “Oh hey, Soo,” he said as he noticed Kyungsoo walking by. 

He smiled in return. “Hey Minseok, girls.” He nodded to the two sitting at the table who greeted him, before he continued to speak. “What are you guys doing?”

“Deciding that I should be dragon bait.” Sunyoung laughed sarcastically, Juhyun let out a little laugh placing her hand on the brunette’s shoulder. “You’ll be fine.”

“Oh, planning for the first round? So you guys figured out what you’re going up against?” Kyungsoo asked, the three nodded. “Kwangsoo has me helping out with caring for them.” Kyungsoo motioned to the books he was holding. “I could show them to you guys?” he asked hesitantly.

“Really!” Juhyun jumped up from her seat. “That would be great! We could actually see what we are going up against.” She smiled happily, looking to her teammates. Minseok shrugged. “Why not.”

“W-wait, are you really allowed to do that?” Sunyoung asked nervously.

Kyungsoo shrugged. “I don’t see why not, but you guys probably shouldn’t get too close. I could get in trouble, so try to stay hidden,” he said as the three champions followed him out the library.

 

“Baek, I said I was sorry.” Chanyeol sighed as the other continued to ignore him, burying his face further into his book.

“Hmph.”

Chanyeol smiled at Baekhyun’s pout. “’Baek~”, he whispered, scooting closer to his tiny boyfriend. “Please forgive me,” he mumbled into the Baekhyun’s soft hair, wrapping his arms around his torso. Chanyeol peeked at Baekhyun’s face to see it bright red, making Chanyeol grin madly. Maybe his boyfriend would finally forgive him after yelling at him nearly two weeks ago.

Baekhyun tried to wiggle out of his boyfriend’s hold, which only made Chanyeol’s mouth move to behind his ear. He shivered when Chanyeol laughed lightly, placing kisses from his ear down his jawline.

Baekhyun curled in on himself, his face turning even redder then it was before, he could feel the tips of his ears burning. “Chanyeol.” He growled, turning to look at him. Their eyes met and noses bumping together, Chanyeol smiled hoping his boyfriend was about to forgive him, but Baekhyun’s pout only deepened into a frown as he slammed his book shut.

“No,” he said standing up from the table, leaving the Great Hall, and leaving his boyfriend alone.

 

“So the entire thing just blew up. There’s smoke everywhere and the liquid caught anything it came into contact with on fire!” Jongin barely managed to get out in between laughter, as he told Luhan about what happened in potions class the other day. Luhan hid his laughter behind his hand, while Jongin started shoving at him.

“What did Professor Song do?”  Luhan asked after he calmed down slightly.

“She was totally calm about the situation and put the fires out.” Jongin shook his head before continuing. “But she could not put out Soojung’s rage. Soojung put a jinx on Sehun, for destroying her book and ruining her robes, “

“Seriously?” Luhan laughed out.

Jongin nodded his laughter returning. “Tarantellagra.

Luhan laughed even harder at the image of his friend’s legs going out of control. They continueed to laugh at their friend’s mishap, until a comfortable silence settled over them once the sound of their joy came to an end.

“Jongin I wa-”  Luhan started, but was cut off when they heard someone call out to them.

“Hey, Lu, you gonna help us study for this test.” They turn around to see Jongdae and Baekhyun approaching them. “Or are you going to let us fail.” Jongdae grinned holding up his charms book. Luhan rolled his eyes, turning for his backpack, when he felt the two squeeze themselves in between him and Jongin. Luhan gave a small huff. 

The three opened their books to the chapter they need to study and began looking over the information.

“Hey Jongin!”

Jongin turned around at the sound of his name being called. It was Taemin. Jongin stood to meet with his friend half way from across the courtyard. “What’s up?” he asked after his friend caught his breath from having apparently ran all the way here.

“Kwangsoo told Kyungsoo who told Yixing who told Soojung who told Amber, she told Hyoyeon and then she told Sooyoung who told Minho, who asked Jinki where I was, and then he came and told me that Kwangsoo wants to see you and your teammates.” The lavender haired boy seemed to say in one breath. A moment of silence passed before,

“Excuse me?” Jongin asked befuddled. “I didn’t understand a word of that.” 

Taemin rolled his eyes, and huffed before repeating what he just said, only slower this time. Jongin blinked at his friend, facial expression blank.

“Why didn’t you just tell me that Kwangsoo was looking for us?”

Taemin blinked back, sharing the same expression his friend had. “I,” he paused. “I’m just going to go.”

Jongin laughed at his friend as he walked away. 

“Kwangsoo is looking for you!” Taemin yelled back, Jongin laughing harder and waved at his friend.

“What was that all about?” Jongdae asked, sipping on a juice box when Jongin returned. “Uh, Kwangsoo wants to see me, Chanyeol, and Seulgi,” he replied.

“Why?” Baekhyun asked, curiously.

Jongin shrugged. “I don’t know. It might have to do with the dragons.”

Jongdae nodded in understanding, while Baekhyun and Luhan froze.

“Dragons?!” they both yelled. “You’re first task has to do with dragons!” Baekhyun practically shrieked. The two Kims nodded their heads.

“Yeah, it’s pretty serious. We might die.” Jongdae shrugged taking another sip from his juice box.

“Well,” Jongin started, grabbing his things. “I guess I should go find those two and get to Kwangsoo. Later.” He waved to the three before leaving.

 


 

Hey guys sorry for the wait!! I know I said the dragons would be in this chapter but it's actually the next one, so sorry about that. Next chapter should be up sometime this weekend or sometime early next week because Thanksgiving is coming up and all, but I'll try and post soon! 

Also thank you amarillys for the upvote!!