006

Cogs of the Soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Thank you for your hard work Sica.” Big B told her. He was sitting at his desk with his hands laced and pressed against the brow of his upper lip. His elbows resting on the table as he stared at her usual blank expression. “These two will be punished. If it wasn’t for you, our image would’ve been greatly ruined.” Ailee bowed and turned to exit when he stopped her.

“Before you go, I thought I’d let you know that the leader of the Yakuza will be over at our company tomorrow along with a couple of her minions. You will be assigned to be working with one of them soon on a mission.” Turning around, Ailee looked at him and nodded understandingly. “I’ll be counting on you.” he continued. With another nod, Ailee turned and left the room.

The next morning, she was reported to Big B’s office and was faced with unfamiliar faces, as expected.

“Ah, Sica. On time as always.” he greeted her. Gesturing to the person on his right the female turned around and nodded her head. “This is CL, leader of the Japanese Yakuzas.” The female had an amazing body figure. Her blonde hair was long a sleek which were tied up nicely in a ponytail with bangs covering half of her face. Wearing dark purple leather from head to toe, she didn’t not seem like the leader of the yakuzas at all; just a complete badass.

CL eyed her suspiciously with a smirk. “This is the assassin you praised so much? Hard to believe a scrawny looking girl like her could do much of anything for such a famous black organization such as yours.” But as a response, Ailee only bowed her head slightly, acknowledging her.

“Now, now CL. You mustn’t judge my people based on first impression. She has done so much for me over the past year and all her missions landed in a success. Her training was extraordinary as well. Surpassing every other assassin I’ve ever had trained.” Big B retorted. CL scanned her from head to toe, not understanding why Ailee is constantly getting praised. All she ever wore was a blank expression. She received a dead vibe from her, telling her that Ailee is absolutely not a threat.

“I just cannot accept that one of my boys would be working with her. Unless she can prove to me otherwise, I request that you change to someone more suitable.” CL flipped her bangs out of her face, turning around to enjoy the scenery through the window behind where Big B sat.

“Is this a duel I hear?” he smirked. A scoff was heard escaping from CL as Big B got up from his office chair. “Meet in the training floor with your best man. The duel shall commence once the hand strikes 12.”

~

It was 11:50 and everyone was already seated in their chairs, anticipating the match on the other side of the bulletproof glass. The floor was huge. It had the space of an entire floor and the ceiling was high - high enough to fit 2 other floors above the current one. Covered in many scratches, couple cracked pillars and rubbles, the floor was made of solid steel and concrete except for that one wall made of bulletproof glass where the elevator and audience lied on the other side for viewing purposes. Ailee was dressed in her skin tight battle suit at one end of the training floor as another man, seemingly about the same age as her stood at the other end. He had light brown hair and wore an evil smirk on his face. The tuxedo he wore was navy blue with a white dress shirt and a red tie. Looking confident, he bowed as a greeting. Of course, Ailee didn’t acknowledge his greeting and only faced him, standing casually and waiting for the timer to start counting down. Planted on the glass was where the timer stood and all Ailee could do was stare at it, waiting for it to start counting down.

It was soon 11:59 and the timer started the countdown from 10 seconds. Finally being able to hear the familiar beeping, Ailee looked at her opponent. When the sustained beep was heard, the man dashed up to her almost instantly with expert precision and speed, he brought up his pistol and fires a round, however due to her training and cybernetics the otherwise fatal shot was avoided. Dodging it easily with a flip, she took him by surprise and kicked his back, sending him flying into the wall. Her kick was surprisingly powerful to the others besides Big B, creating a crater in the wall where he stood in aching pain. But that didn’t discourage him in the least. It only made him more interested.

Grinning, he got up and dashed at her once more. Constantly shooting at her and Ailee dodging the bullets swiftly each time. When his pistol ran out of bullets, he threw the pistols onto the ground and went to hand to hand combat. She pushed all his punches away easily, her eyes closed.

That’s when he scoffed, “Show off.” Trying to land a kick to the side of her head, Ailee opened her eyes which startled him, held his ankle and tossed him to the far end of the floor. He was astonished to the sudden change of her eye colours. Turning around, she pulled out her own two pistols and started shooting him, making sure that all her shots would only scratch him. He successfully dodged most of her bullets but two. One at his left shoulder and another at his right thigh.

Gritting his teeth, he unsheathed his katana which he had slung on his waist the whole time and rushed at her. His intention was to slice her straight down from the top down but she grabbed the sword by the blade and kicked his ribs, sending him flying once again. Blood trickled from her palms but she simply ignored it. Despite sustaining so much pain, he refused to give in. He got up and went for another go. He aimed to slice her at the torso and her legs, slicing again and again. But she dodged every single one of them. He was out of breath and each of his wounds stung yet he continued to refuse to give up. After all, he was the most recognized yakuza in Japan, he refused to believe that he was going to be defeated by a mere expressionless female assassin.

Trying to land an uppercut, Ailee jumped up high into the air, surprising everyone again and landed on her opponent’s face, feet first. He grunted and tossed a flash bomb at her, temporarily blinding her vision as he attacked her and sliced her a couple of times. She was definitely caught by surprise as he kicked her into a pillar, causing it to come crumbling down. When Ailee’s blurred vision was finally straightening up a little, it was just in time before he had his katana came slashing at her. Luckily for her, she had rolled away before the katana dug into her instead of the concrete floor. Getting up, she tried to catch her breath but he had already thrown another grenade at her. This time, a lethal blow sent her flying into the ceiling and gravity pulled her back down. A red dot constantly blinked at the corner of her right eye, telling her that she had sustained heavy damage. Her opp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter