Chapter 1

Did We Swap Bodies?!

Junhong sat up in his bed. He brought a hand up to his face and rubbed his eyes. He dragged the appendage down his face, running his fingers across his chin. His fingertips brushed against rough stubble. Wait, what?

Junhong quickly pulled his hand away from his face and looked at it. A dark, rough hand faced him. This wasn't his hand. He threw the blanket off of himself. This wasn't his body. He bolted into the bathroom, staring at his reflection. He recognized the face, though not his own. This was...

He sprinted back to his bedroom, grabbing the pale teen laying on the other side of the bed and shaking him. "Yongguk! Yongguk, wake up!!"

The teen groaned, waking up. "J-Junhong, what's--" his eyes met a dark, chiseld set of pecs. This wasn't Junhong. If anything, it looked like himself. Really, the voice that called his name sounded like his own. So when he looked up to find himself standing above him, he jumped.

"Wait, if you're th-" he coughed, bringing a hand up to his mouth. When he pulled it away to look at it, he saw a pale hand with skinny fingers. The voice he heard when he talked wasn't deep. He looked up at himself.

"Did we swap bodies?!"

"I-I... I think so..? But... How is that even possible?!"

"I don't know!!"

"What did we do yesterday?!"

"Uhm... UHM..."

"What did we do?!"

"I don't know, but worrying about it isn't going to do us any good. Wait, is this even real?"

"Huh?! Of course it is!! Why wouldn't it be?!"

Junhong (Yongguk in his body) reached over and pinched Yongguk's arm.

He didn't feel anything.

"This... This is a dream!!"

 

Junhong flung himself upwards, sweating. He looked down at his hands. Pale, slim fingers. He reached up to feel the top of his head. Long strands of hair filled the gaps between his fingers. He felt a shift in the bed and looked over to see his boyfriend turn over and reach for the lamp, turning it on.

"Junhong, what's wrong?" Yongguk asked, turning around to face him. His dark eyes stared at him. Junhong threw himself into the older's arms, burying his face in his neck.

"It was terrible!! I had this nightmare and I was in your body and you were in my body and I didn't know what to do--" Yongguk smiled and ran a hand through the younger's hair.

"Junhong, it's okay. It was just a dream. Nothing happened. I'm still in my own body, you're still in yours. Everything's okay." 

Junhong rested his head on Yongguk's shoulder, catching his breath.

"It was so weird... How would someone even switch bodies?"

"Suppose it could still happen, but with surgery, It wouldn't happen overnight."

"I guess not... I'm just gald it didn't happen... That would be bad..."

"True. Let's not think about it, okay?"

"Yeah, okay..."

"Now let's go back to sleep, okay?

"Okay."

Junhong layed back down and pulled the covers over his shoulders. Yongguk turned the light off before laying down and pulling his boyfriend close, burying his face in his shoulder blades and drifting off to sleep.

Junhong closed his eyes and fell asleep in Yongguk's arms, hoping to forget about his dream. 

They both slept the rest of the night with dreams of each other. Only the sweetest of dreams.

 

END